Wicked the Musical - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 12-20-2007, 03:02 PM
Beginner

Saw Wicked at the Pantages in Los Angeles on the 16th. It was effing amazing. Eden Espinoza (Ephaba) was amazing. The guy that played Fiyero could be out sung by Vocal majors at CSUSB--he should not be cast in that show. He has a duet with Espinoza and she put him to shame. The harmonies were all off and it totally ruined that moment of the show for me.

Otherwise, the production, effects, choreography, blocking/transitions, musical composition/orchestration is very impressive. The perspective of the nature of good and evil is interesting and presented creatively and artistically.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-20-2007, 04:40 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm going to see it in February! I'm so excited!
#3 Old 12-21-2007, 11:23 AM
Beginner

Oh my gosh i still love that play. I saw it the first time on broadway in New York like 3 years ago. And a second time at the Pantages a couple of months ago. I think i saw the same cast as you coolpercussion, that girl who played Glinda/Galinda got on my nerves with that whole foot popping thing, when i first saw the musical she never did that. But ya its a great play, have you read the book?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 12-21-2007, 10:55 PM
Beginner

Oh she totally did that. I thought it contributed to her character but it may have been a little overdone. I plan to start on the book soon... maybe tonight. What am I in for, more plot and information than could have fit in the play?
#5 Old 12-21-2007, 10:55 PM
Beginner

Oh she totally did that. I thought it contributed to her character but it may have been a little overdone. I plan to start on the book soon... maybe tonight. What am I in for, more plot and information than could have fit in the play?
#6 Old 12-27-2007, 04:11 PM
Veggie Regular

WICKED!

my favorite play! It was FANTASTIC! IDK, the guy who played Fiyero was really great at my show...and hott...

I got my playbill signed by him. XD

But anyway...I love it! I loe the drama, the emotion...the songs, the singing, the fact that's it's the Wizard of Oz...

And I really really tried to read the book, but I skipped past the beginningish middle part and read sporatically, enough to realize that the plot is like soo different than the play!

haha. cool.
#7 Old 12-28-2007, 09:19 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolPercussion View Post

The book was so different from the play or vice versa. But I also thought it was better and of course there was more detail about how the characters became who they were. I wish I could say more but i don't want to give it away. Enjoy the book.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page