GodDamnit Ramsey (new Series)...administering kind 2B cruel pain to ordinary ppl. LOL - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 10-30-2007, 03:57 PM
Veggie Regular

Yah, yah, yah, its happening again, hate to love it or with whatever reservation vegans will OBVIOUSLY have about this program.... I DON'T ENDORSE SUPPORTING HIM OF COURSE, sooo FACE VALUE ONLY....

The fryups- bust ups - the sizzling epiphets, and deeply critical jousting, biting, and one to one, man to man *****ing commentry... Lovely !!!!

Gots to know to one to know one, ramsey being both the ones.... as he commits civil purgatory and gets in the heads of the clients as he always does, even if the client of a business kicks him out halfway thru filming

Whether you think Nasty or Gnarly, please don't think too much about it. Its just entertainment on the ODDLY DOWN TO EARTH humanitarian front.... and yes I know not a disney-ride for the animals, but issues like that aside/ DEFINATELY NOT ignored but aside!!

Pathologically speaking and all that fancy talk, at least he is not head-chef of McDonalds.... and is at least a person that will talk the talk and walk when he has to too... You may likely not give a damn about him per se, and thats just fine, because just like being goth entails, it does not follow necessarily that you will associate with Marilyn Mansion nor even recognize Manson as goth..... but as far as just watching the guy on TV, gots to admit the entertainment value of the man Ramsey is the equivalent to smack & TLC which is his talent as captain of truth, what he gives to people who purportedly from here to the ends of the earth are all needing his bollockesque treatment in public, showing how much their businesses need to change or go under.

September casual edit by goth~UK : 10-30-07 at 11:04 PM. (original time of posting ordinary edit)

MOST RECENT EDIT HERE:Last Edit = edited by goth~UK : 19000 years ago at 1066 AC. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Since New Years Eve, ready for January 2008 is a forthcoming Special Additional Inclusion to thread...

THIS THREAD NOW INCLUDES "THE BIG FOOD FIGHT" with your general comments.... (Not the same as nazi stuporific debate comments)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 10-31-2007, 08:40 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by goth~UK View Post

Gnarly

I miss Gnarly. She was awesome.

"Yes! Live! Life's a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" Auntie Mame
#3 Old 10-31-2007, 11:17 PM
Veggie Regular

i like gordon ramsey a lot. he's honest.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 11-01-2007, 02:09 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by *AHIMSA* View Post

I miss Gnarly. She was awesome.

Ha, I'm sure she hasn't forgot VB. Please use the MIA thread for her if you want to show you miss her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoebird View Post

i like gordon ramsey a lot. he's honest.

Thats totally it, he's honest. (even if we don't respect him in other ways, he has that going for him)
#5 Old 11-06-2007, 03:51 PM
Veggie Regular

Bloody fantastic gordon, or rather madam show casing tonights epi-sizzle!!!

there is now one less vegetarian restaurant in Paris, thanx to the lazy women running it. pfft. That was tonights epi-sizzle let down.

The closed down restaurant was: "Piccolo Teatro" Au revoir !!
#6 Old 11-06-2007, 04:02 PM
Banned

Quote:

Bloody fantastic gordon, or rather madam show casing tonights epi-sizzle!!!

there is now one less vegetarian restaurant in Paris, thanx to the lazy women running it. pfft. That was tonights epi-sizzle let down.

The closed down restaurant was: "Piccolo Teatro" Au revoir !!

Say Goth, What is it that I have to do to get a handle on your spin?
#7 Old 11-07-2007, 09:01 AM
Veggie Regular

it is a bit like reading a foriegn language. i usually just take a few minutes to diagram the sentences, and then i use a slang dictionary online, and then i assume whether it's a positive post or negative one--because most slang can be used in both positive and negative ways, and tone is what gives it away and we dont' have tone online.

i like breakin' out the old sentence diagrammin' skillz.
#8 Old 11-07-2007, 10:57 AM
Veggie Regular

lol

episode.
#9 Old 11-08-2007, 10:48 AM
Veggie Regular

I really should hate Ramsey, but I just can't bring myself to.

That woman was damn lazy, I can't believe she had the balls to send Gordon Ramsey out to buy her bread
#10 Old 11-08-2007, 10:54 AM
Veggie Regular

Does he have a UK show and and a US show running at the same time? Busy guy.

Last night's US show was crazy. The owner didn't want Ramsey's help at all and actually went behind his back to run things the old way during launch night. Then he broke into the hotel where Ramsey was staying to yell at him. I was on the edge of my seat.

It was kind of sad because the head chef was so grateful to Ramsey and you just know the owner was going to make her go back to microwaving as soon as the cameras were gone.
#11 Old 11-08-2007, 01:44 PM
Veggie Regular

I'll be one to say it then, i hate him!

I don't know if he's really that honest... this is from a report on a "joke" of his..

"One of the volunteers who agrees to take part says that he has been a vegetarian for eight years. Ramsay replies that the restaurant's chefs have prepared a vegetarian pizza and gives him one to try. After the volunteer - identified only as "Bob" - has eaten the pizza, Ramsay tells him: "Unfortunately, that pizza has got a lot of mozzarella and tomatoes, but underneath all that there is parma ham."

The vegetarian complains to Ramsay that he has played a "mean" trick on him, but Ramsay jokes that he "hasn't come out in a big rash". He is then filmed laughing at the man and asking him if he would like some more, while telling the restaurant's chefs that they have "converted a vegetarian". As the volunteer hurries out of the restaurant, Ramsay calls out after him, "Good luck with the Vegemite!""
#12 Old 11-08-2007, 01:46 PM
Kiz
Veggie Regular

Gordon Ramsey is a... um.... don't think I can use that word here.

Love the post? Why not buy the T-shirt!
http://www.kiz-shop.de/index.php?page=categorie&cat=8
http://www.kiz-shop.de/index.php?page=product&info=94
#13 Old 11-09-2007, 01:59 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iria View Post

Does he have a UK show and and a US show running at the same time? Busy guy.

Last night's US show was crazy. The owner didn't want Ramsey's help at all and actually went behind his back to run things the old way during launch night. Then he broke into the hotel where Ramsey was staying to yell at him. I was on the edge of my seat.

It was kind of sad because the head chef was so grateful to Ramsey and you just know the owner was going to make her go back to microwaving as soon as the cameras were gone.

BROKE IN to where Ramsey was staying... RAD !! I sooo hope I get to see that episode, I don't know though whether US and UK series are different or not ?
#14 Old 11-09-2007, 02:14 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punk_in_Drublic View Post

I'll be one to say it then, i hate him!

I don't know if he's really that honest... this is from a report on a "joke" of his..

"One of the volunteers who agrees to take part says that he has been a vegetarian for eight years. "Unfortunately, that pizza has got a lot of mozzarella and tomatoes, but underneath all that there is parma ham."

As the volunteer hurries out of the restaurant, Ramsay calls out after him, "Good luck with the Vegemite!""

Well I'm not condoning that obviously, but this is not a thread for debating about why you hate him, although I totally I respect that you hate him, I am mainly concentrating on how he generates such popularity from my point of view, and my point of view is not that he's a great person for animals or vegs, obviously he's not.

I will get this thread moved to entertain forum asap, thanks for your comment though anyway, it doesn't hurt to have one or two posts like yours, Punk n Drublic, but I just can't be bothered debating.... and it equally doesn't hurt by watching him on tv, we are hardly doing any harm to ourselves. Of course we can easily wind ourselves up by his presence some of us.... but listen I know he has bad traits... thats part of what makes him famous (for good or for bad) and I'm NOT excusing his bad traits, but I'm saying thats interesting psychologicly, and at least if not honest to vegetarians, he aside from that at least has "a realness" about him....

If real is too much of a big word, and if that reflects a sad reality, I recognize that may suck also... but by watching him on tv, we are hardly doing any harm to ourselves.

I'm not slamming you at all Drublic, but anyway moving now to entertainment forum.

Please please choose to use one of the other/older ramsey threads if you would like more intense debate, thanks a lot.

This thread is quite a light thread please note.

Cheers, Goth.

btw: the incident you refer to has already been mentioned in one of said past ramsey threads you may like to know.
#15 Old 11-09-2007, 02:35 AM
Veggie Regular

So guys, again, its the new series (UK series or US series I don't think it matters) of this Gordon Ramsey thread I made, and I should have posted in Entertainment forum.

I realized at the time of posting debate might happen so before people mistake it for a thread where INTENSE debate reigns, I have moved, and I guess I don't mind some LIGHT debate (and I mean LIGHT) but

bear in mind that whatever your thoughts AND I RESPECT THOSE, my thread is in this instance is more from a point of view of the entertainment value...because afterall I think many of us have had enough debate on ramsey in the past as it is, so my thread is avoiding that... if y'all can respect that...
#16 Old 11-09-2007, 02:38 AM
Veggie Regular

I have moved this thread to the Entertainment Forum, at the request of the OP. I agree, it doesn't need to be in the Heap.

Nec Aspera Terrent
#17 Old 11-09-2007, 07:41 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

BROKE IN to where Ramsey was staying... RAD !! I sooo hope I get to see that episode, I don't know though whether US and UK series are different or not ?

I think they're different. The US series is taking place in New York City, and I didn't see the bread thing someone else mentioned (I've watched them all this season), so I'm assuming that was a different show with British restaurants.
#18 Old 11-09-2007, 09:15 AM
Veggie Regular

Thanks Randy.

Yes okay Iria, I hopes the american one is shown here then in that case.
#19 Old 11-09-2007, 02:24 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Well I'm not condoning that obviously, but this is not a thread for debating about why you hate him, although I totally I respect that you hate him, I am mainly concentrating on how he generates such popularity from my point of view, and my point of view is not that he's a great person for animals or vegs, obviously he's not.

I will get this thread moved to entertain forum asap, thanks for your comment though anyway, it doesn't hurt to have one or two posts like yours, Punk n Drublic, but I just can't be bothered debating.... and it equally doesn't hurt by watching him on tv, we are hardly doing any harm to ourselves. Of course we can easily wind ourselves up by his presence some of us.... but listen I know he has bad traits... thats part of what makes him famous (for good or for bad) and I'm NOT excusing his bad traits, but I'm saying thats interesting psychologicly, and at least if not honest to vegetarians, he aside from that at least has "a realness" about him....

If real is too much of a big word, and if that reflects a sad reality, I recognize that may suck also... but by watching him on tv, we are hardly doing any harm to ourselves.

I'm not slamming you at all Drublic, but anyway moving now to entertainment forum.

Please please choose to use one of the other/older ramsey threads if you would like more intense debate, thanks a lot.

This thread is quite a light thread please note.

Cheers, Goth.

btw: the incident you refer to has already been mentioned in one of said past ramsey threads you may like to know.

No worries, i wasn't intending to start a debate to be honest. I'm not into intense debates, was just putting my thoughts of him accross. Didn't know about the other threads, my apologies.
#20 Old 11-25-2007, 03:36 PM
Veggie Regular

BUMPALUMPA, come on people, who else wants swap spit with Ramsey in the shower....
#21 Old 12-27-2007, 02:49 AM
Veggie Regular

xxxxx THE BIG FOOD FIGHT starts 7th of January 2008 !!! xxxxx

Starring Jamie Oliver, Gordon Ramsey and the little porker who had that husbandry and rearing your own food in a cottage guy.

They go on like an outdoor bonding/(bondage to some) exercise and quarrel and compete and forget about cooking and michelin stars for once.
#22 Old 12-27-2007, 02:52 AM
Veggie Regular

xxxxx THE BIG FOOD FIGHT starts 7th of January 2008 !!! xxxxx

Starring Jamie Oliver, Gordon Ramsey and the little porker who had that husbandry and rearing your own food in a cottage guy.

They go on like an outdoor bonding/(bondage to some) exercise and quarrel and compete and forget about cooking and michelin stars for once.

will commence on CH4 for people in UK at UK times, else check your other whatever-else guide for other showings.
#23 Old 12-27-2007, 04:29 PM
Veggie Regular

Who cares?
#24 Old 12-27-2007, 08:59 PM
Veggie Regular

i do, that would be fun to watch. i don't know who the third guy is, but the first two are great. would be fun. i love GR. but i already said that.

i love nigella lawson too.
#25 Old 12-27-2007, 09:26 PM
Veggie Regular

Man, I can only get a couple of GR shows in the US. I can get the BBC Kitchen Nightmares, Boiling Point, and the US Hell's Kitchen. Nothing on this elusive "Channel 4". I've taken to watching re-runs to get my fix.

Yeah yeah, I know I should hate him, but I have something of a crush on the sick *******. I got his autobiography for Xmas and finished it already. I may have a problem.
#26 Old 12-27-2007, 10:24 PM
Veggie Regular

Why should you hate him?

Add me to the list of those who love him.

I especially love it when he says: "You stupid donkey!!!".

"Yes! Live! Life's a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" Auntie Mame
#27 Old 12-28-2007, 01:19 AM
Veggie Regular

Not a hateful debate thread, it got swiftly moved to ENTERTAINMENT. (with my and WonderRandy's joint recommendation, mod and thread starter decision).

Thanks.

(my very quick opinion is you or indeed "I" might not approve all aspects, but he is one of the most real people on the planet).
#28 Old 12-28-2007, 02:54 AM
Veggie Regular

I've given up trying to deny my attraction to Gordon and now just accept the urge to embrace the TV when he comes on.
#29 Old 12-28-2007, 04:54 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shantih View Post

I've given up trying to deny my attraction to Gordon and now just accept the urge to embrace the TV when he comes on.

exactly, just accept him for who he is on screen, and offscreen thats your decision everybody. (for another thread, try some backdated threads with debate inclination)
#30 Old 12-28-2007, 09:33 AM
Beginner

Gordon Ramsey trained to be a chef at the college that I go to, not quite sure why that has any relivence to this thread, just wanted to state the fact.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page