Anyone here fond of Courage the Cowardly Dog? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 06-03-2007, 10:40 AM
Veggie Regular

This thread idea just came out of nowhere since I've been watching Courage the Cowardly Dog videos on YouTube lately. I like everything about the cartoon episodes: the music, the atmosphere, the color, the lessons learned, the action, the creepiness of some episodes (like the pilot episode with the evil alien chicken), and just everything. It's a shame they ceased airing and production in 2002 (although now, reruns play on Cartoon Cartoons). What are your opinions on the cute pink dog?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-03-2007, 11:19 AM
Veggie Regular

I'm afraid I do not know of Courage the Cowardly Dog...YouTube here I come...
#3 Old 06-03-2007, 11:58 PM
Veggie Regular

I was a big fan of the show when I was younger and they showed in on Cartoon Network. It might be time to rekindle my romance thanks to YouTube. It's amazing how nostalgic it can get, watching old show on that site.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 06-04-2007, 01:21 AM
Veggie Regular

ha ha--we love that show! "I just *know* something terrible is going to happen!"

it was a bit creepy. I used to be freaked out when he screamed and you got a close of of his mouth and his tooth was all holy and decayed.

Good show.

****I have a blog--check me out!
http://spidergrrlvstheworld.blogspot.com/****
#5 Old 06-04-2007, 03:56 PM
Veggie Regular

My favorite episodes are Episode 36: "Mission to the Sun"; Episode 28: "Robot Randy"; Episode ??: "Hunchback of Nowhere". In Mission to the sun, all three characters are sent to the sun to keep it from fizzling out (just a cartoon), and along the way, a micro-sized alien worm by the name of "Mustafa L. Bacterius" gets inside the brain of Muriel to control her and make her wreck the ship.

Quote: "My name is Mustafa Al Bacterius. I am inside the brain of Muriel. I have come a great distance to sabotage your mission. You humans are not satisfied messing with your own planet. You feel the need to mess with space also. Well, if the sun wants to fizzle, let it. We like it dark. So get a flashlight and some D-Cells, cuz it's lights out!!"

In Robot Randy, a giant robot (bigger than a house) from an alien planet is sent to Earth by his superior to conquer it. Basically, he doesn't want to destroy things, so he intentionally misses targets on his planets when the robots gather together to show their destructive skill. They laugh at him and call him a failure, and upon landing on Earth next to Courage's home, he enslaves the three main characters, making them do all kinds of grueling work (a la, ancient Egypt). However, in his private time, he likes to carve reindeer out of wood. This one was rather touching.

Funny Fact: the robot's voice is based on Christopher Walken's (actor)

In the episode with the hunchback, an ugly but very kind old man goes house to house looking for a place to spend the night during the thunderstorm. All people reject him immediately, even Eustace, one of Courage's owners. Later, Courage is sent to the barn to fetch Eustace's raincoat, and Eustace scares Courage with a pair of fake pop-out eyes (Courage gets scared at almost everything). He gets to the barn to hear bells being rung, and finds the hunchback in one of the second floor open hay lofts. Courage comes over and sits down next to him, and watches him ring bells sadly. Then, courage rings one, and the man lights up, and they both ring some bells. The next scene shows them interacting playfully in activities to some groovy touching music. You know what, just watch the episode yourself (those who haven't seen it). My hands are getting tired.
#6 Old 06-05-2007, 07:56 AM
Banned

I love it!
#7 Old 06-05-2007, 08:39 AM

My sister and I have random "Courage Quote" moments in the car sometimes....have to love Courage.
#8 Old 06-05-2007, 05:03 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by VagabondPoet View Post

My sister and I have random "Courage Quote" moments in the car sometimes....have to love Courage.

Really? Groovadelic!! I should do that some time.
#9 Old 06-06-2007, 06:57 AM
American Made, Rebel Born

Attachment 9857

effin love him!

cry havoc! and let slip the dogs of war.
#10 Old 06-06-2007, 12:43 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Vegan View Post

Anyone here fond of Courage the Cowardly Dog?

I'd hit that!
#11 Old 06-06-2007, 02:15 PM
Veggie Regular

Haven't seen too many episodes but I love the Giant's video about him:

[youtube]AbKby_0kHKg[/youtube]
#12 Old 06-08-2007, 11:03 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwerks View Post

Haven't seen too many episodes but I love the Giant's video about him.

Oh yeah, I watched that video recently. I also added their song to my playlist at Project Playlist.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page