VB Movie Lounge - Page 170 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread

#5071 Old 02-22-2012, 01:13 PM
Veggie Regular

Watched Melancholia (2011) this week and didn't enjoy it so much, but to be honest I just wasn't in the mood for that kind of ethereal scifi/drama (think Solaris or The Fountain here). Lars von Trier (Antichrist) definitely has a good eye for the visuals though, and if in a different frame of mind I think I would have enjoyed this much more. I'll definitely give it another viewing in the future.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#5072 Old 02-22-2012, 02:24 PM
Veggie Regular

Awww I'm really looking forward to watching Melancholia! But it does indeed seem like you'd have to be in the right kind of mood for it, which is why I haven't yet.

Misanthrope seeks misanthrope.
#5073 Old 02-25-2012, 03:10 PM
Veggie Regular

I quite enjoyed Bad Teacher.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#5074 Old 02-25-2012, 06:11 PM
Veggie Regular

The Muppets - yaaaaaaay. I thought it was funny.
Final Destination 5 - It was better than 4 and the twist was inventive, but it was meh. the deaths were graphic to the point it was just silly. and as usual barely any storyline
#5075 Old 02-27-2012, 07:54 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rags. View Post

Awww I'm really looking forward to watching Melancholia! But it does indeed seem like you'd have to be in the right kind of mood for it, which is why I haven't yet.

All the reviews I've seen have been terrible, yet I still want to watch it :/

Watched Gremlins last night with husband, we haven't laughed so much at a movie in ages!
#5076 Old 02-27-2012, 02:42 PM
Veggie Regular

I watched The Adjustment Bureau (2011) last night and really liked it. The ending might cause some folks to roll their eyes a bit but the execution was quite lovely and kept me interested throughout the whole film. Plus, any film with Terence Stamp in it tends to get my seal of approval. Definitely worth watching in my opinion.
#5077 Old 02-27-2012, 05:01 PM
Veggie Regular

Watched Casablanca (1941) tonight and seriously folks, Humphrey Bogart is the man!

Best film I have watched in ages... what other film could have Ingrid bergman wearing a salad bowl on her head and still look as gorgeous as she does? And Claude Rains? Seriously watch the film... he's the best thing sbout it.

Dig
#5078 Old 02-27-2012, 09:46 PM
Veggie Regular

Hack....liked it alot....

Devils Racecourse.....like it alot....

At The Sinatra Club.....didnt finish it.....I usually love movies like this but this one was too cheesy...

Peace

LOud & PRoud Veggie-Tari-Jenn~~(KNOT)~~ Vegan and NEVER Will Be.
Be Cents-able...Use Coupons!!~~PEace, LOVe & Beautiful COLORFUL RAinbows!!
#5079 Old 02-27-2012, 10:27 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger View Post

I watched The Adjustment Bureau (2011) last night and really liked it. The ending might cause some folks to roll their eyes a bit but the execution was quite lovely and kept me interested throughout the whole film. Plus, any film with Terence Stamp in it tends to get my seal of approval. Definitely worth watching in my opinion.

Do you view everyone wearing a hat with suspicion now?

Just saw it last week, thought it was a bit cliche'd and trite but ended up enjoying it anyway (Hollywood ending and all)
#5080 Old 02-27-2012, 10:27 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:

Watched Melancholia (2011) this week and didn't enjoy it so much, but to be honest I just wasn't in the mood for that kind of ethereal scifi/drama (think Solaris or The Fountain here). Lars von Trier (Antichrist) definitely has a good eye for the visuals though, and if in a different frame of mind I think I would have enjoyed this much more. I'll definitely give it another viewing in the future.

I've been wanting to check out Melancholia for awhile, I probably will at some point when I'm in that Lars Von Trier kind of mood. Antichrist was a truly disturbing movie, some parts of it really stuck with me.

Have you seen any of his other films like Dogville or Manderlay? Very disturbing as well, but good. The man has a talent for destroying people emotionally with his movies, Dancer in the Dark was so brutal it made Bjork swear off acting for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthling View Post

Watched Gremlins last night with husband, we haven't laughed so much at a movie in ages!

My favourite! I love watching that one on Christmas

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#5081 Old 02-29-2012, 08:45 PM
Veggie Regular

Running With Scissors.....it was unique and I liked it.

Peace

#5082 Old 03-02-2012, 07:23 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Heart Corey Haim!! View Post

Running With Scissors.....it was unique and I liked it.

Peace

^The cat scene.

Last movie I watched was Tomorrow When The War Began. I was very impressed by how good it was.
#5083 Old 03-02-2012, 10:08 PM
Veggie Regular

[QUOTE=fadeaway1289;3114552]^The cat scene.

hey there,

I sooooo agree keeping the cat locked up without food and water was too awful for words

peace

#5084 Old 03-03-2012, 06:55 PM
Veggie Regular

The Dead- Pretty good zombie flick that takes place in Africa.
Tower Heist- a lot funnier that I thought it would be.
Fright Night- I really liked this remake. I'm usually unimpressed with remakes but Colin Ferrel filled the role perfectly as Jerry and the rest of the actors did a great job. The CGI was a tad cheesy at times but overall it wasn't too bothersome.
#5085 Old 03-04-2012, 10:48 AM
Veggie Regular

The Adjustment Bureau - Meh, I thought it was going to be more of a thriller but it was watchable.
Apollo 18 - Not at all scary and I thought it was more like a mediocre X-Files episode.
Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy - It was fairly slow but good performances all round. It is the type of film that you have to watch rather than just sitting back and disengaging your mind.
#5086 Old 03-04-2012, 10:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixie View Post

Apollo 18 - Not at all scary and I thought it was more like a mediocre X-Files episode.

Agree.

Sleeping Beauty - I'm 90% sure it was just pretentious and meaningless nonsense, but I'm 10% unsure because I am still thinking about it three days later, so at least it had an effect!
#5087 Old 03-05-2012, 08:21 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm watching It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World (1963) tonight. I'll pay you a dollar for every film star you can name from the film.
#5088 Old 03-05-2012, 10:05 PM
Veggie Regular

Empire of The Ants....hoot and a half.

Return of the Killer Tomatoes.....hoot and a half.

Elvira Mistress of The Dark....Too Cheesy for me....but it was cool that Jeff Conaway had a small part in it.

Hellraiser & Hellbound Hellraiser 2.....Its funny cause I love horror movies and have never seen these....I know there are a whole bunch of them but after seeing these too and finding them pretty dull not sure I will be watching the others.

Peace & Love

#5089 Old 03-06-2012, 05:15 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

I'm watching It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World (1963) tonight. I'll pay you a dollar for every film star you can name from the film.

Dude there's like 50 famous actors in that movie!! I don't want to strain my brain trying to remember them all. Googling would be cheating right?

Have you ever seen Rat Race? It's somewhat an "updated" version of It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World .

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Heart Corey Haim!! View Post

Hellraiser & Hellbound Hellraiser 2.....Its funny cause I love horror movies and have never seen these....I know there are a whole bunch of them but after seeing these too and finding them pretty dull not sure I will be watching the others.

Peace & Love

I never understood the appeal of the Hellraiser movies. I saw one and that was enough for me.

Last movie I watched was the remake of The Thing . Of course not as good as the original but not bad either.
#5090 Old 03-06-2012, 01:53 PM
Veggie Regular

I watched the original Star Wars trilogy on Sunday and it was raining outside and it was nice
#5091 Old 03-06-2012, 10:35 PM
Veggie Regular

Inside Monkey Zetterland....Unique and Quirky....I liked it....

If Lucy Fell for like the millionth time...like this one too....

Peace

#5092 Old 03-07-2012, 09:28 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by yally View Post

I watched the original Star Wars trilogy on Sunday and it was raining outside and it was nice

Yes, but which original Star Wars trilogy did you watch? There's like a hundred versions now.
#5093 Old 03-07-2012, 01:01 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Yes, but which original Star Wars trilogy did you watch? There's like a hundred versions now.

It was on YouTube and sometimes I changed half way through a film. So there was some annoying CGI for no apparent reason in parts and then none in other parts. I'm sure Han shot first, which I didn't think you could even see anymore
#5094 Old 03-07-2012, 01:17 PM
Veggie Regular

To my knowledge the best indicator that you are watching the original Star Wars theatrical release is that during the opening crawl the words 'Episode IV - A New Hope' do not appear. Everything after that has been redone in some way by Lucas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jK-jZo6xjY
#5095 Old 03-08-2012, 02:20 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

To my knowledge the best indicator that you are watching the original Star Wars theatrical release is that during the opening crawl the words 'Episode IV - A New Hope' do not appear.

No, the best indicator that you're watching the truly original Star Wars theatrical release is that your phone has a cord and you are wondering what this new president Carter is going to do for the country.

"and I stand

upon a mountain

made of weak and useless men"

#5096 Old 03-09-2012, 02:30 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenseas View Post

No, the best indicator that you're watching the truly original Star Wars theatrical release is that your phone has a cord and you are wondering what this new president Carter is going to do for the country.

LOL... classic dude.
#5097 Old 03-11-2012, 03:41 PM
Veggie Regular

Mystic Pizza - I only caught a bit of it as I haven't seen that film all the way through ever! It wasn't great but I like coming of age films.

I saw Rear Window (the Christopher Reeve version) and that was quite slow and plodding. I read on Wiki that Daryl Hannah is a vegan.
#5098 Old 03-11-2012, 05:38 PM
Super Moderator

I watched Road House last night, it was absolutely ridiculous. Swayze's mullet was so coiffed and shiny. Like a terrible helmet of bad hair.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#5099 Old 03-12-2012, 03:22 PM
Veggie Regular

^ Theres a nightclub in London based on that film. Never seen the film but been there enough times, its rubbish.

Anyone else looking forward to that Aardman film about pirates? PIRATES!!! PLASTICINE!!! Enough said.
#5100 Old 03-12-2012, 04:03 PM
Veggie Regular

The one in Camden?

Misanthrope seeks misanthrope.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page