VeggieBoards banner

I have a secret love of ......(what do you secretly enjoy?)

11K views 91 replies 53 participants last post by  rylielovessoftball 
#1 ·
.....80's dance movies!

I can't help it. I know some of them are cheezy but they make me happy they are so cool! Flashdance, Stayin' Alive, Footloose, Girls Just Wanna Have Fun.....Guess I had a secret fantasy of wanting to be a dancer!

See less See more
#2 ·
me too. in fact..just..the entire 80s. the clothes, the attitude, the music. im in the wrong generation damnit!!!

my secret loves? hmm...lemme think....

replace '80s dancing' with stripper-esque dancing. oh the shame. but there are a select for songs that just make a girl strut around (in the confined private space of the bedroom ) and go crazy.

hard to explain without sounding odd...but i know you know what i mean

#3 ·
Hmm, my post title got changed. No big deal. But my idea was to have people post what they secretly love to do (watching Survivor, playing Pokemon, collecting funny toys, eating a weird food concotion) ...not limited to my secret love of 80's dance music. That's why I put those ....... in there.

Oh well
Guess I should have worded my title differently.

#4 ·
qf..I changed the title a bit. I suspect that one of our mods who has a particular distaste for vague thread titles changed it earlier
not knowing that you weren't planning to talk just about 80s dance movies.

<<likes 80s teenybopper movies. I've seen Back to the Future so many times my sister thinks I'm going to name my children Marty and Doc.

#6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamJen View Post

qf..I changed the title a bit. I suspect that one of our mods who has a particular distaste for vague thread titles changed it earlier
not knowing that you weren't planning to talk just about 80s dance movies.

<<likes 80s teenybopper movies. I've seen Back to the Future so many times my sister thinks I'm going to name my children Marty and Doc.
that's ok about the earlier change. My fault. I should have been a bit clearer in my words (not that i don't love to talk about 80's dance movies!). Thanks for rewording again!

#9 ·
Another thing I love that people might think a bit dorky...I love "Little House on the Prairie". I have TIVO tape the reruns for me. I read all the books when I was little and on Monday night no one was allowed to touch the TV but me because Little House was on! I think I am attracted to that 'simpler way' of life.

#12 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by queenfluff View Post

Another thing I love that people might think a bit dorky...I love "Little House on the Prairie". I have TIVO tape the reruns for me. I read all the books when I was little and on Monday night no one was allowed to touch the TV but me because Little House was on! I think I am attracted to that 'simpler way' of life.
HA! I have a secret love of Little House too. My husband finally put his foot down when Tivo had 40 hours of Nellie Olson clogging it up.

I also have a secret love of Beverly Hills 90210 re-runs. I really don't know how I can keep re-watching the same things over & over but I never get sick of the corniness.

#13 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperChicken View Post

HA! I have a secret love of Little House too. My husband finally put his foot down when Tivo had 40 hours of Nellie Olson clogging it up.

I also have a secret love of Beverly Hills 90210 re-runs. I really don't know how I can keep re-watching the same things over & over but I never get sick of the corniness.
Ha ha!
There are few channels on our dish network that has Little House. Unfortunately, we only get the channel that has it on only ONCE a day as opposed to the other channel that has it on four times a day!

I get mad at my bf if he bugs me while I am watching Little House. He always makes jokes and I say "Your ruining it! Go away!"

I loved Beverly Hills 90210 myself! I used to rush home from work to watch it with some mexican food. I think my bf would kill me if I started TIVOing it now.

#16 ·
Deviating from TV/movies a bit... this is going to sound really weird, but I secretly enjoy being sick or in recovery (like from surgery or something). It's hard to explain. I don't mean so horribly sick where you're in lots of pain or really feel like you're dying, but sick enough to call out and just stay home in bed all day napping, watching Price is Right, watching movies, napping some more, having everyone feel bad for you and take care of you... heh... maybe I just need a vacation...

#17 ·
Katt, I know exactly what you mean. I had a great time recovering from my surgery. The actual "recovering" part wasn't fun, but having everyone dote on me, watching TV all day, having no responsibilities... It was very relaxing. I was sad when my family kicked me out of the 'sickroom' (actually the living room) and made me sleep in my own bed.

#18 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katt Fink View Post

Deviating from TV/movies a bit... this is going to sound really weird, but I secretly enjoy being sick or in recovery (like from surgery or something). It's hard to explain. I don't mean so horribly sick where you're in lots of pain or really feel like you're dying, but sick enough to call out and just stay home in bed all day napping, watching Price is Right, watching movies, napping some more, having everyone feel bad for you and take care of you... heh... maybe I just need a vacation...
it's the only break i'm ever getting...

#19 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucine View Post

I have a secret that I've never told anyone before.

I'll tell you that I...

really, really love those tabloid magazines like Star.
I don't buy them, but I open them in the check-out line. I especially like the photos of celebrities without make-up. It's a reality check. I read them in waiting rooms, too.

#20 ·
Ok, I admit that I secretly loved Sex and the City. I feel slightly guilty because it is sort of a materialstic and snotty show but I my inner girly likes to hear all the funny men jokes and stories. And I HAVE to check out that Jason Lewis every once and a while.

#26 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katt Fink View Post

I not-so-secretly love The Price is Right.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.