3rd Annual Artivist Film Festival - Nov. 9-12 (Hollywood, CA) - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 10-14-2006, 08:05 PM
Veggie Regular

Hi, all. I know I don't post here a lot recently, as I've been pretty busy lately with work, attending film festivals, and various animal-friendly activities (blog posting, for example) that keep me wrapped up in my day-to-day life, but I did have one very animal-friendly event from my everyday life that I wanted to share with as many people as possible.

I'm helping to produce the 3rd Annual Artivist Film Festival & The 2006 Artivist Awards, merging art and activism for global consciousness. Artivist is the first international film festival dedicated to addressing human rights, children's advocacy, environmental preservation, and animal rights. Its mission is to strengthen the voice of international activist artists - "artivists" - while raising public awareness for social global causes.

Artivist is officially affiliated with the UNITED NATIONS. Additionally, Artivist’s Advisory Board includes Congressman Dennis Kucinich, and actor-activist James Cromwell.

Filmmakers from around the world will unite at the renowned Egyptian Theatre in Hollywood, California from November 9-12, 2006 to address the importance of art and activism in our global community as we present some 65 international films in 4 days. Our film program this year not only ranges widely in activist topics, but also feature such noted activist-artists as Tom Hanks, Susan Sarandon, Martin Sheen, Viggo Mortensen, Elton John, Morgan Spurlock, Brett Ratner, Andy Garcia, Keanu Reeves, Alanis Morissette, and many others.

I will personally be moderating a forum after the screening of Mad Cowboy on Saturday night, as we discuss the true cost of the American diet on animals, people, and the environment.

The following night, the “Artivist Awards” will honor the winning films of the Annual Artivist Film Festival and the work of outstanding celebrity activists Joaquin Phoenix, Daryl Hannah, Matthew McConaughey.

In case any of you out there are in some position to take advantage of this, we are actively securing sponsors and supporters for the festival and awards.

In addition, Artivist will soon be launching the “Artivist Network” and internet portal for the artistic, activist, and progressive communities nationwide, reaching more than 1 million visitors each week. By combining its annual Artivist Film Festival, Awards, and Internet Portal, Artivist will now offer extensive sponsorship and partnership opportunities to its supporters.

Contact me at eric AT ananimalfriendlylife DOT com to learn more about the partnership and sponsorship opportunities offered by Artivist.

For additional info, and to purchase tickets, visit us on-line.

I hope you'll take a look at the site, mark your calendar, buy tickets or passes, and plan to come out for some great films and conversations, and some great vegan food.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 10-20-2006, 06:23 PM
Veggie Regular

cool. thanks epski.

unfortunately, we wont' be able to make it this year--but maybe next. glad to hear that things are going so well for you!
#3 Old 10-25-2006, 12:36 PM
Veggie Regular

Thanks, Zoebird. I have some exciting news, in fact:

It's my pleasure to announce that, after all this time anticipating the film since its world premiere at Cannes, Richard Linklater's feature film adaptation of Eric Schlosser's Fast Food Nation will have its official red carpet premiere at the 3rd Annual Artivist Film Festival and Awards, which I am helping to produce. The premiere is a week before the film's release on November 17th. Linklater, Schlosser, and some of the cast members are confirmed to attend.

I am very excited to be instrumental in bringing the film to the festival, as I know viewers will be strongly affected by what they see and, being a festival focused on activism and justice, surely many of them will leave the theater with some important dietary changes in mind.

The L.A. premiere was only officially announced on Tuesday, so the ticketing page has not yet been updated, but you can cover your bases on that by simply purchasing a pass for the entire festival, which merges art and activism for global consciousness of social, environmental, and animal issues. One VIP patron pass is only $150, and includes access to all Film Screenings, Parties, Forums, Filmmaker's Brunch, Opening Night Ceremony, and the 2006 Artivist Awards Gala. It's an incredible deal, really.

The red carpet for Fast Food Nation will begin at 7:30pm, with the film scheduled to begin at 8:30pm (in moviespeak, that means something closer to 9pm or so, as everyone makes sure to get their photos on the red carpet).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 10-25-2006, 01:35 PM
Veggie Regular

Very cool about Fast Food Nation. I've been quite interested to see what a film adaptation of the book looks like. With some luck, it will make it here sometime this century.

I'm with zb on the "hopefully next year" part. $150 is a bargain!

The ones I pity are the ones who never stick out their neck for something they believe, never know the taste of moral struggle, and never have the thrill of victory. - Jonathan Kozol
#5 Old 11-03-2006, 07:19 PM
Veggie Regular

These past few weeks, I have been working overtime with The 3rd Annual Artivist Film Festival & 2006 Artivist Awards to bring you an inspiring experience at the Egyptian Theatre from November 9-12. These four days are going to be packed with 65 films from 32 countries, panel discussions, musicians, an awards ceremony, and other events focused on humanitarian, environmental, and animal issues.

Here are a couple of newsworthy items to be aware of:

First, I will be joining Go Vegan Radio host Bob Linden on Los Angeles' KTYM-AM-1460 Sunday, Nov. 5, from 1:30pm - 2:30pm, along with festival co-founder and president Diaky Diaz. Diaky and I will be joined by Louis Fox, the director of The Meatrix II: Revolting, and Dr. Patrick Fitzgerald, one of the producers of Mad Cowboy. The show is archived and podcasted so, if you don't live in the L.A. or Bay Area (it also airs at 9pm on KQKE-AM-960), be sure to subscribe to his wonderful show.

Next, I'm pleased once again to announce that Fox Searchlight Picture's Fast Food Nation will have its official red carpet Los Angeles premiere at the festival on Friday, November 10th. Director Richard Linklater, writer Eric Schlosser, and several cast members are slated to attend. And, unlike most premieres, you can buy tickets to this event here (while they last).

As a reminder, I will host a panel discussion the following night on the hidden costs of producing and consuming animal "products." The forum will begin immediately following an 8pm screening of the shorts Wild Horse Spirit and The Meatrix II: Revolting, as well as the documentary Mad Cowboy. Howard Lyman and Michael Tobias are scheduled to speak after the film, along with vegan bodybuilder Kenneth G. Williams, Animal Acres' Lorri Bauston, and representatives from the American and California Dietetic Associations. (Tickets)

At our Awards Gala on Sunday, we will honor select films and celebrity activists. This year we are honoring Joaquin Phoenix, Daryl Hannah, and Matthew McConaughey for their work in animal, environmental, and humanitarian causes. (Tickets)

I personally recommend buying a VIP or Patron pass good for ALL festival events. If you check out Opening Night, a handful of films and the Awards, you've already gotten your money's worth, and don't have to worry about toting around individual tickets. VIP passes start as low as $150.

For information about other screenings and events at Artivist November 9-12, please visit the program guide and tickets page.

I hope to see any of you located in, near or passing through Los Angeles at Artivist. No festival I've ever known is as inspiring and empowering as this one. You owe it to yourself to come.
LL

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page