foreign films recommendations - Page 2 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#31 Old 08-05-2003, 02:45 PM
Jon
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by epski

Shaolin soccer looks too packed with CG soccer effects. Seemed pretty annoying in the trailer. Is it representative of the movie?

I can't wait to see "Taxi."

To be honest its a while since I've watched Shaolin Soccer so I can't really comment on how intrusive the CG effects are. I try to dig out my copy over the next few days and let you know.

Taxi is great low-brow fun, with some great car chases. They realeased Taxi 3 earlier this year, and now it looks like Luc Besson is taking his series to the US and a version staring Queen Latifah is due to start filming next year.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 08-05-2003, 09:21 PM

I'm glad to see City of Lost Children mentioned I absolutely loved that movie!!!!!
#33 Old 08-06-2003, 03:53 PM
Veggie Regular

Oh, I forgot about Lagaan!

Granted, it has pretty much an entire cricket game in there, but if you like Baliwood, it's fab. If you aren't okay with people randomly breaking into song and doing the shoulder-thrust dance, I'd skip it, though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#34 Old 08-06-2003, 04:44 PM
Veggie Regular

I don't know if this has been mentioned before, because I haven't read the whole post.

By far the best movie that I have seen in the past 10 years has beena foreign film:

The Pillow Book

It was an amazing film. Did anyone see it and like it as much as I did?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page