Steve Irwin,Crocodile hunter killed - Page 2 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#31 Old 09-04-2006, 09:46 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mycoolcats View Post

Yeah that sucks, i just read about it.. he was a cool guy.

Why isnt this in the news forum? it shows it was closed there but then you cant find where they said it was already posted.. so i found this one.

i found steve very entertaining,so i chose the 'entertainment forum'.i hope that is ok with you.

if its that big a deal that you have to point this out,you can start one in the 'news forum' or ask a moderator to move it.

hey,you asked!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 09-04-2006, 10:15 AM

merged multiple threads

The ones I pity are the ones who never stick out their neck for something they believe, never know the taste of moral struggle, and never have the thrill of victory. - Jonathan Kozol
#33 Old 09-04-2006, 10:35 AM
Veggie Regular

Heh, I guess is shows what an impact it had that so many people felt compelled to start threads to talk about it.

I found this on someone's LiveJournal:

Steve Irwin's version of Heaven: http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/4...ewpaperht2.jpg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#34 Old 09-04-2006, 10:43 AM

I'm still in shock! It's terrible.

RIP, Steve.
#35 Old 09-04-2006, 11:02 AM

Its very sad indeed i loved his shows he was always very exiting to watch my thoughts are with his family
#36 Old 09-04-2006, 11:11 AM
Veggie Regular

RIP Steve
#37 Old 09-04-2006, 11:13 AM
Veggie Regular

Yea i got woekn up with the news this morning, i didnt believe it. Just a few weeks back i was sitting with a load of people making fun of how he never dies. Well i guess he has now. It is kind of very sad though, esspesilly as he has a young family.
#38 Old 09-04-2006, 11:27 AM

Ah, yeah. I heard about that. It's so sad! He was so wonderful at what he did. I'll miss him. I thought he was cool. One of the best.
#39 Old 09-04-2006, 11:28 AM
Veggie Regular

I am still in shock. I used to hate him, then I became addicted to the Diaries program where they show all the folks at the zoo and his daughter. I fell in love. I am SOOOOO sad. I feel terrible for his family, friends and crew. I guess we all grew to feel he was invincible. But he wasn't. From what I read he was just snorkling, and it was sort of a freak accident. How terrible.

I hope his family carries on his promoting of conservation.
#40 Old 09-04-2006, 11:29 AM
Veggie Regular

Condolences to Terri, daughter Bindi Sue & son Bob

"Snake Savers"
Venomous & Non-Venomous Snakes Removed & Relocated. Unharmed.
#41 Old 09-04-2006, 12:11 PM
Veggie Regular

That was sudden and very saddening. It would be nice for him to live to a great old age with all those memories. Well, everyone has to go someday. Rest in peace, Steve Irwin.
#42 Old 09-04-2006, 12:54 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seb_0810 View Post

It would be nice for him to live to a great old age with all those memories. Well, everyone has to go someday.

44 is old?
#43 Old 09-04-2006, 01:09 PM

I read about it this morning. I was shocked. How sad. Condolences to his family.
#44 Old 09-04-2006, 01:21 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by manics_fan View Post

I heard about this on the radio about an hour ago, I couldn't believe it. He will be sadly missed, although I didn't agree whole heartedly with some of his hands-on tactics he did do a lot to help animals, gave a lot of money and helped raise awareness. RIP steve.

You took the words right out of my mouth.

****I have a blog--check me out!
http://spidergrrlvstheworld.blogspot.com/****
#45 Old 09-04-2006, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_vegan View Post

What kind of man was Steve Irwin? He stopped Australian Government plans to allow rich tourists into the Northern Territory to kill crocodiles for sport. He brought the beauty of nature back to millions through his documentaries. And he showed that if you love doing something, then you should put all your passion into doing it. Nothing less. He was a nice man. A was a kind man. Perhaps, the last real man... gone.

Alan, Brisbane, Australia

I didn't know tourists could come and kill crocks.

I was out all night, and when I got home & online at 6am, I saw a few people I know through LiveJournal posting links about his death. I've watched his show several times, maybe not all the time, but sometimes. It still feels kind of like someone's just pulling a really sick joke here... It seems unreal... Now I realise why I liked the guy... He's one of the very few people who care about anything in this world at all!! There needs to be more people like him, not less. Well, this goes down as the first celebrity death that's ever really depressed me.
#46 Old 09-04-2006, 02:43 PM

VERY SAD!

This is the only man I know of that cared about animals so deeply!

Even refusing to give his animals sedatives because it can cause harm.

So sad!
#47 Old 09-04-2006, 02:51 PM

He took crazy risks all the time, but he did alot to help animals, and for that, I liked him. I feel bad for his wife and especially his two young children.
#48 Old 09-04-2006, 03:04 PM
Veggie Regular

I just saw there will be a tribute tonight at 6PM Eastern time on Animal Planet.
#49 Old 09-04-2006, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by megveggie View Post

44 is old?

I think she was saying it would of been nice if he COULD of lived to an old age.

Heard about this, this morning. Very sad. I always loved his show, so much so, that I wrote the zoo some letters and emails. They always replied, once steve did himself, once his wife and the other times zoo staff. He will be very missed.
#50 Old 09-04-2006, 03:43 PM

When I heard this earlier today, I was totally shocked and felt so sad and I still do even now. He was such an incredible person and did so much good.
#51 Old 09-04-2006, 05:03 PM
Beginner

I loved him and am so saddened by this. I always dreamed of working with him.
#52 Old 09-04-2006, 05:20 PM
Beginner

hi
#53 Old 09-04-2006, 06:43 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by megveggie View Post

44 is old?

I meant to say 44 is not old.
#54 Old 09-04-2006, 08:40 PM
Veggie Regular

This is awful. Steve Irwin's documentaries were absolutely brilliant, and he was a legend in every way!

That said, you can't say that this wasn't expected. His hands-on approach was always mocked with people joking that one of these days, one of the dangerous animals would end up killing him. The only differenc eis that whereas my image of irwin's death wa sof death by crocodile or snake, and it was a stingray instead.

I think we'll all miss him.
#55 Old 09-04-2006, 10:34 PM
Veggie Regular

I just read he pulled the stingray spine out of his heart before he died....the guy was amazing.....I feel really bad for his wife and kids.
#56 Old 09-05-2006, 05:25 AM
Beginner

I live in Australia, and in effect grew up with Steve. He was always a part of life. Still can't imagine him gone. I mean, he was always there... you thought he was indestructable... and then bam! I still remember when he was introduced to America. Thats how long he's been a part of my life.

Legend. Thats what he is. Up there with Ned Kelly, except not for killing people but for saving animals and raising awareness. He won't be forgotten.
#57 Old 09-05-2006, 07:24 AM
Veggie Regular

Regards to Steve now & forever I hope and moreover believe he will live on, in me as much as anybody else who liked and loved him! Shocker with tears but ultimately I think with a smile! And despite the horrible sudden-ness of hearing the news, Steve was no snail, so *sudden* suits him I guess!....

I don't currently have much opportunity to read up on the details, but I hear what happened is that the crew of the documentary were filming *all the while* (?) a somebody tells me here in England, and that Steve actually tried to pull the barb of the Stingray out of his chest himself, is that right?

Either way, he will be sorely missed by me and rejoiced at the same time for all time future!
#58 Old 09-05-2006, 05:32 PM
Veggie Regular

I don't think I've figured out how to post pictures here, but this would be where I would place a shot of Nelson Muntz giving out a big HAH HA! If ya play with fire, your gonna get burned, and I'm gonna giggle.
#59 Old 09-05-2006, 08:45 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotting View Post

I don't think I've figured out how to post pictures here, but this would be where I would place a shot of Nelson Muntz giving out a big HAH HA! If ya play with fire, your gonna get burned, and I'm gonna giggle.

Ya, but the thing he actually died doing wasn't anything particularly dangerous. It was a freak accident. And I don't think he ever whined or said, "no fair" after any of his various injuries or brushes with death. I think he accepted the risks he took.
#60 Old 09-05-2006, 08:53 PM
Veggie Regular

Well, I think he died doing what he loved--educating people about the world's most dangerous animals. It's too bad for his family though.

R.I.P. Steve

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page