Vegan Rock Singer #1 In The Country - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 06-14-2006, 06:25 PM
Veggie Regular

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/..._id=1002687993

Very hard earned, after paying their dues, and being vegan on the road for years. Good job AFI!

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/sto...716/more_havok

You're vegan. What cities do you like to hit on tour, based on the vegan dining options?

Good question. I've got it covered. New York, absolutely. You've got Zen Palate, you've got Red Bamboo. There's a lot of vegan treats. There's a woman who makes vegan desserts in -- I want to say Pennsylvania or New Jersey, and she ships them into New York. But then, I believe she also sells them in Philly, which is great because in Philly you've got a place that sells vegan cheesecakes, all these vegan desserts. Like one year I happened to be in Philly on my birthday and everyone on tour with us surprised me with a -- check this out -- a vegan cookies-and-cream birthday cake. It was out of control. L.A. -- it's fantastic. San Francisco has my favorite vegetarian/vegan restaurant anywhere, which is Millennium. Chicago has vegan French toast, as does Portland. Seattle has vegan cinnamon buns. Salt Lake City used to have vegan soft-serve. And Vegas now has vegan donuts, which is yet another reason to go to Vegas. Then you've got Toronto and Montreal, which has Le Commensal, a vegetarian/vegan restaurant where you pay for your food by the weight. Like, you go through and they weigh your plate and charge you accordingly, which is very interesting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-14-2006, 07:55 PM
Veggie Regular

Ah.. I think the place in Philly that Davey is referring to is Gianna's...

I knew AFI (or at least Davey) were vegetarian, but I didn't know they were vegan. But yeah.. this is cool. I love Decemberunderground. Thanks for sharing!
#3 Old 06-14-2006, 08:23 PM
Veggie Regular

Can't say for certain, but the vegan place in PA he is referring to might be this one:

http://www.vegantreats.com/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 06-14-2006, 09:19 PM
Veggie Regular

Oh cool. I had no idea they were vegetarian.
#5 Old 06-14-2006, 09:51 PM
Veggie Regular

Rock on AFI!
#6 Old 06-14-2006, 09:53 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnelian View Post

Can't say for certain, but the vegan place in PA he is referring to might be this one:

http://www.vegantreats.com/

I dunno, man. He said he was IN Philly on his b-day.. VeganTreats says they are located in Bethlehem, which is at least an hour away from Philly.. and I've had Gianna's Cookies N' Cream cake and it is most definitely "out of control," as Davey described LOL.

But hmm... VT is definitely worth checking out if I'm ever up that way... never heard of it before, so thanks for the link...
#7 Old 06-14-2006, 11:06 PM
Veggie Regular

That was an interesting interview too. Is it true that the lead singer is gay, or is that some internet rumor?

I had to wonder in the interview where he's asked about cute women and he answers [paraphrased] "this one time I was getting my nails done and I looked over and this girl had on the most beautiful shoes and we had the most awesome conversation about glittery shoes".
#8 Old 06-14-2006, 11:30 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpickell View Post

That was an interesting interview too. Is it true that the lead singer is gay, or is that some internet rumor?

I had to wonder in the interview where he's asked about cute women and he answers [paraphrased] "this one time I was getting my nails done and I looked over and this girl had on the most beautiful shoes and we had the most awesome conversation about glittery shoes".

Hah... I am not sure, but he sure does seem to be one of those "too hot to be straight" guys. Then again, he also seems like he is way too obviously feminine to be gay... I know that probably doesn't make much sense and I don't mean it in a disrespectful way but it's the only way I could explain it... but I do know a few guys like that: the hair, the makeup, the nails, the whole works, yet they are QUITE the ladies' man and get enough tail to make even the most virile highshool jock cower in fear and reverence at their woman-snagging greatness.
#9 Old 07-02-2006, 06:12 PM
Veggie Regular

Oh AFI, you beautiful human beings you!

Hey VBers, check out Rise Against, a rock band who is also vegan. They even have a music video out right now that shows footage from Earthlings. The song is called Ready to Fall.
#10 Old 07-02-2006, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweety View Post

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/..._id=1002687993

Very hard earned, after paying their dues, and being vegan on the road for years. Good job AFI!

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/sto...716/more_havok

You're vegan. What cities do you like to hit on tour, based on the vegan dining options?

Good question. I've got it covered. New York, absolutely. You've got Zen Palate, you've got Red Bamboo. There's a lot of vegan treats. There's a woman who makes vegan desserts in -- I want to say Pennsylvania or New Jersey, and she ships them into New York. But then, I believe she also sells them in Philly, which is great because in Philly you've got a place that sells vegan cheesecakes, all these vegan desserts. Like one year I happened to be in Philly on my birthday and everyone on tour with us surprised me with a -- check this out -- a vegan cookies-and-cream birthday cake. It was out of control. L.A. -- it's fantastic. San Francisco has my favorite vegetarian/vegan restaurant anywhere, which is Millennium. Chicago has vegan French toast, as does Portland. Seattle has vegan cinnamon buns. Salt Lake City used to have vegan soft-serve. And Vegas now has vegan donuts, which is yet another reason to go to Vegas. Then you've got Toronto and Montreal, which has Le Commensal, a vegetarian/vegan restaurant where you pay for your food by the weight. Like, you go through and they weigh your plate and charge you accordingly, which is very interesting.

VEGAN TREATS is in bethlehem, pa! Trust me....i KNOW!!!! LOL

Danielle is not only awesome, but so are her treats!

You can find them in lots of places in Philly and NY.

Visit her website at www.vegantreats.com
#11 Old 07-02-2006, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katt Fink View Post

Ah.. I think the place in Philly that Davey is referring to is Gianna's...

I knew AFI (or at least Davey) were vegetarian, but I didn't know they were vegan. But yeah.. this is cool. I love Decemberunderground. Thanks for sharing!

Gianna's sucks! They are rude, cocky and DO NOT CARE ABOUT VEGANS AT ALL!

THey lied for years saying there cheese was vegan and KNEW FOR A FACT that the cheese had casien in it! DO NOT GO THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
#12 Old 07-02-2006, 06:51 PM
Veggie Regular

AFI is amazing, and no, Davey is not gay.
#13 Old 07-07-2006, 06:19 PM
Beginner

i heart Millenium in San Fran too! i never knew they were veg.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page