Smashing Pumpkins/Zwan/Billy Corgan Fans - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 03-08-2006, 02:19 AM
Banned

OK, anyone that knows me knows that I LOVE THE SMASHING PUMPKINS, I listen to them like every day. I heard that they were supposed to regroup but I have not heard anything else on that since last year around June....

So what are your favorite Smashing Pumpkins/Zwan/Billy Corgan songs?

I always loved the Pumpkins since I heard them, I love the fact that the music that they play speaks to my heart and what I feel and that some of the songs are dark but others speak of hope and it makes me believe that love is real and it can possibly exist again for me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-08-2006, 02:42 AM
Veggie Regular

Love is my favourite SP song.

"and I stand

upon a mountain

made of weak and useless men"

#3 Old 03-08-2006, 07:39 AM
Veggie Regular

Wow that is a tough one. I don't have all their albums just Siamese Dream, and MCATIS. My top three in no particular order would be 1979, Bullet With Butterfly Wings, and Today.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 03-09-2006, 10:22 AM
Veggie Regular

I love Smashing Pumpkins. I would be so glad if they got back together, because IMO music these days stinks. Anyways...my favorite songs by them are: Glynis, 33, Soma, Luna, Disarm, Love, Cupid de Locke and Galapogos. They speak to me within too.
#5 Old 03-09-2006, 01:39 PM
Veggie Regular

i also love SM/Z/BC--do i have a favorite song? not really.
#6 Old 03-09-2006, 06:15 PM
Veggie Regular

"Disarm" and "Today" are my favourite Smashing Pumkins songs. Wasn't that impressed with what I heard of Zwan.
#7 Old 03-10-2006, 02:29 PM
Veggie Regular

I like the Pumpkins too. I saw them live twice, once on the 'Gish' tour, and once on the 'Siamese Dream' tour. They rocked both times.
#8 Old 03-14-2006, 08:05 PM
Banned

Brandon you lucky dawg. I have never ever seen them and to me if I could see them, even MEET Billy for one second then it would be the coolest thing ever, he had written one day last year in his online journal that he loved the Smashing Pumpkins and that he wanted them to be together and it made me think that I would be OK too. For I am SP. He even wrote that 9 days before my birthday.Those are my initials and the best thing about my marriage to Mark was that I became those initials, I would even like to have the SP heart tattooed on me somewhere.

I remember listening to DIA for the first time when I was going through some majot $h!t in my life and I remember thinking about it and singing with Billy "perchance to dream the sweetest dream"...Which would be to be with someone that really loved me for who I was and not what I could give them, the sweetest dream would be for me to beleive in love again and not be so cold and I think that perhaps I am reaching that point where I can honestly care about someone and not think that they really have some motive behind being with me. It feels so great. Other songs that have helped me are 33 (I love the video for that), Galapagos, Muzzle, Stand Inside your Love, Tonight, Tonight, Desire, Mayonaise.....
#9 Old 03-14-2006, 09:15 PM
Veggie Regular

^^^, Shannon you'll be extra-envious to know that a friend of mine and her cousin met D'arcy after the Siamese Dream show, backstage. She said that D'arcy was really nice and stopped to talk to them for a few minutes.

They didn't have anything to get signed so they didn't get her autograph, but still, how cool is that they met her?
#10 Old 03-14-2006, 09:29 PM
Veggie Regular

Neat, Shannon! SP is my favorite band of all time. In fact, everyone around me claimed I was obsessed from 1994 to 2002. Just ask tricia soup... she knows.

I STILL stand by my 12 year claim that "Siamese Dream" is THE GREATEST RECORD EVER MADE. It so drastically changed my life, that words will NEVER do it justice. It's not music, it's a spiritual upheaval. So many of their beauties come close to defining my soul, therefore, I can't claim one song as my favorite (although "Rocket" comes close).

I saw them on the Adore tour in Chicago where they donated their proceeds from the show to charity. It was really nice of them and after the show, they let a group of disadvantaged kids come onstage and bang away on their instruments.

Do you have the Mashed Potatoes box set? I know Billy had it for free on his website for a long time but I see it has been taken down. It is 5 discs worth of pre-Gish demos and outtakes, Siamese outtakes and a lot of live songs from Gish through Siamese Dream. If you don't have it, let me know and I will burn you a copy.
#11 Old 03-14-2006, 09:32 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hummus! View Post

Neat, Shannon! SP is my favorite band of all time. In fact, everyone around me claimed I was obsessed from 1994 to 2002.

You mean it was even worse than now?

Follow me on Twitter - @_jorts
#12 Old 03-14-2006, 09:41 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post

You mean it was even worse than now?

Yeah, because now I share the love with a few other bands. R.E.M.aachhooo AhhHaaah..HahRADIOHEADuhhh.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page