VeggieBoards banner

Is Ozzy really a vegetarian?

3K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  GhostUser 
#1 ·
I've seen a few veg websites that list Ozzy Osbourne as a vegetarian (including the peta site). Has anyone confirmed this? I mean, this is the same guy who bit the head off a live dove back in the 80s (and he did it again with a bat "by accident" at a concert in Des Moines
). I watched the A&E Biography about him last night, and they didn't mention anything about vegetariansim. In fact, when asked about the dove & bat incidents, he made a big joke out of it which shows me that he probably hasn't changed since those years. Anyone have any info?

See less See more
#2 ·
Yeah even if he is one, it's probably not for any ethical reasons.

I am really sceptical about the "famous veg*ns" lists, especially PETA's lists. I'd say that if you have a doubt about someone being on the list, he/she probably doesn't belong to it.

#3 ·
Not everyone who eats a vegetarian diet cares about animals, some people just don't want to eat animals. I'm not veg*n to save the animals (although I'm glad my diet happens to contribute to something possitive), my diet is for the health of myself and my family. It's not fair to assume that every veg*n is interested in animal rights and welfare. Vegetarian is a diet. Not eating animals makes you a vegetarian, nothing more. Just because someone eats meat, doesn't mean they hate animals and just because someone doesn't eat meat doesn't mean they love animals.

My guess is that after working in a slaughterhouse as a young man, Ozzy probably didn't want to even LOOK at meat let alone eat it!

#4 ·
Did any of you guys watch the Obsornes on MTV. The one episode I watched was where Ozzy was going to this one Mexican restaurant and buying these huge sandwiches. I couldn' swear 100%, but I am almost positive that they contained meat.??? Interesting. Like a previous post said just because someone doesn't eat meat all the time doesn't mean that they are a vegetarian. Some people just don't like all meats.

#5 ·
On the Osbournes, Ozzy grilled some rather gross-looking chicken and chatted with the camera while being served dinner, which was quite apparently some type of meat. There were also dinner scenes in which the family gathered around ham/turkey.

I don't doubt that the Osbournes love their pets. And Sharon did vocally give up fur after watching footage of fur farming. But like most people, that doesn't translate to vegetarianism.

PETA's list is frequently wrong (see the lead singer of Coldplay, who was voted "Sexiest Vegetarian Alive" and isn't even a vegetarian.) Also, it's common for many celebrities to give up meat for a short period to lose weight or be faddish, then start eating meat again. (See Madonna and Drew Barrymore).

#7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by helpmom40 View Post

Did any of you guys watch the Obsornes on MTV. The one episode I watched was where Ozzy was going to this one Mexican restaurant and buying these huge sandwiches. I couldn' swear 100%, but I am almost positive that they contained meat.??? Interesting. Like a previous post said just because someone doesn't eat meat all the time doesn't mean that they are a vegetarian. Some people just don't like all meats.
haha, it was Chipotle burritos. He was obsessed. I have a friend who went through that phase. He would get like 3 at a time and keep them for later. Ugh. Anyway, he's getting pretty old, im sure if he's eating anything close to a veggie diet, its health related.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.