To all you American Idol junkies *SPOILERS* (merged) - Page 35 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1021 Old 05-11-2006, 06:32 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggplant View Post

I'm shocked I tell you! Shocked! Chris looked pretty damn shocked too.

I always wonder what people like Chris and Taylor are thinking while they're singing those cheesy group medleys. Surely they're a bit embarrassed, no? Chris should be the front man of a band singing original songs.

the fact that he would even go out for American Idol is a little strange, because if he's suck a "rocker"...? He's just going to end up singing cheesy love songs like Bo Bice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#1022 Old 05-11-2006, 06:37 PM
Veggie Regular

Bo won't have to do the cheese for much longer... Once they let him start doing his own material, it will get MUCH better than "the real thing" (gods, that song sucks!)

Nec Aspera Terrent
#1023 Old 05-11-2006, 06:43 PM

Good news if this is true. Chris may join Fuel! I guess they are having problems with the lead singer. He has to wait until his contract is up with Idol this summer. So that is what they are saying now and on Extra. Idol board is going crazy today. I love Fuel anyway and that would be way cool with me.

We shall see if it is true.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#1024 Old 05-11-2006, 07:07 PM

Here is one link. http://extratv.warnerbros.com/v2/new...11/1/text.html

But I don't know if he will or be better off on his own.
#1025 Old 05-12-2006, 05:45 AM

I am STILL pissed about Chris. This is TV, for Pete's sake!! What's wrong with me?

The Rev
#1026 Old 05-12-2006, 12:33 PM
Veggie Regular

I like Katherine even though she is somewhat bland and boring she has a charm about her. She has had some good performances, but I do think that her musical career won't be one that I'll be following. She did make some mistakes this week and I thought she'd be the one who wouldn't get enough votes to stay on.

Chris was good, but for me he was pretty much a one trick pony. Take him out of his element and he don't think he does that well. I do think that he'll be a great frontman for some band, but overall I get tired of that style of rock vocal rather quickly. I'll probably enjoy his songs if I hear them every once in a while, but while he's in heavy rotation I'll probably get bored quickly.

I was surprised that Elliot wasn't in the bottom two this week. I thought his songs just didn't hit the mark and the vocals were off at times.

I'm happy that Taylor is in the final three, but I also wish that he'd shown a little more range. I'm putting my money on Taylor to come out on top unless he really screws up. He's certainly been the most entertaining one on the show even if his vocals didn't always hit the mark.
#1027 Old 05-14-2006, 05:20 AM
Veggie Regular

Over at VoteForTheWorst they refer to Chris as "Penis With Ears." I thought he'd make it to the final two, with Taylor. Katharine really deserved to go. DialIdol correctly predicted this outcome, though--Chris being booted, Katharine in third, Taylor on top. So this kind of disproves any conspiracies people may have.

I hope Chris does join Fuel, that would be pretty cool.

I've always liked Elliot, but I (still) hope Taylor wins. He's just so entertaining, and so anti-Idol (in terms of looks/personality) it would be awesome to have him win. GHD! GHD! GHD!

Check out my webcomic! www.GrammarComic.com
#1028 Old 05-17-2006, 09:36 AM
Veggie Regular

So I guess everyone's completely lost interest? What did you think of last night?

Even though I'm not usually interested in Katherine I thought her "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" was actually quite good. Otherwise I thought everything was fine but not earth-shattering or anything. I hope Taylor wins just because he's such a wierdo...
#1029 Old 05-17-2006, 10:51 AM
Veggie Regular

Katharine shined last night with "Over the Rainbow" but here other two songs didn't work as well. I could see her getting voted off, but I think that Elliot was off key in places on all of his songs. He seemed to be better at the beginning of the competition, but maybe that was because we had worse singers to compare him to. Taylor kicked it last night and I think he was the clear winner of the evening.

Overall, I think Katharine has the best voice of the three remaining contestants, but she doesn't have the confidence to let her voice out naturally. As the judges have commented she pushes too hard and over sings some of her songs. I think she'll be better after the show is over, but unless she does some interesting songs, I doubt I'll be listening to her.

Taylor is a very good entertainer. He is more than just a singer. Sometimes he lets his entertainment side get the best of him and lets his vocals slide, but he's never boring. I think it will be interesting to see what comes out of him when he's in a recording studio and can sing without having to perform.

I hope the final is Katharine and Taylor, but I could see Elliot make it in the final with either of them.
#1030 Old 05-17-2006, 01:52 PM

Go Soul Patrol. I was glad that Taylor got to sing Joe Cocker. Loved it. Katherine was good on "Over The Raindbow." I thought Elliot did good with "Open Arms."

I tried the whole two hours to vote and I could never get through.

I have no idea who with be in the final, cuz last week was such a shock, so who knows. It's just weird.
#1031 Old 05-17-2006, 05:42 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm leaning towards Taylor as the fav. Katherine was really good with 'over the rainbow'. I'm afraid Elliot might go tonight, but I'm still hoping it will be Katherine.
#1032 Old 05-17-2006, 09:39 PM

Soul Patrol

Thank gawd Taylor is there in the final. I felt bad for Elliot. I am not a big fan, but Kat (spoiled) Kat should have been gone. Elliot always has tears in his eyes. I think he is such a nice guy, just was not my favorite.

I rather it be Taylor and Elliot, than Kat and Taylor. Oh well.

I watched everything last week on FOX with Chris and other channels. Simon and Ryan were on Jay Leno the other night. They were so funny. Simon said that Taylor is the big favorite. Guess he was right this week.

Chris was my first and soul patrol was my second. The votes were so darn close though!
#1033 Old 05-18-2006, 05:13 AM
Veggie Regular

I swear if Kat wins, I'm not watching AI next year!

Well, maybe. If I do, I'm not going to get so 'involved'.

Please let Taylor, win. Please, please, please!
#1034 Old 05-18-2006, 05:14 AM
Veggie Regular

Oh, yeah, and I feel bad for Elliott. I like him.
#1035 Old 05-19-2006, 01:03 AM
Veggie Regular

By the way, if any of you didn't know:

Chris' Bands website : http://www.absentelement.com/

They have a few songs you can download too. Pretty nice Rock Ballads.

Chris was my fav too
#1036 Old 05-23-2006, 08:01 PM
Veggie Regular

gaaaah, I can't get into the voting line ><

Katharine McPhee's new single is kind of bad...
#1037 Old 05-23-2006, 09:06 PM

I got through a few times. Got four hours this time to vote!!! Yippee!

I just wonder if the rumor is true that Kats dad works for Fox.
#1038 Old 05-23-2006, 11:31 PM
Veggie Regular

Taylor's totally got it! Woooo!

Check out my webcomic! www.GrammarComic.com
#1039 Old 05-24-2006, 12:02 AM

So by all the sites so far, they say he is winning. Gawd I hope.
#1040 Old 05-24-2006, 12:17 AM
Veggie Regular

I thought Katherine did really well tonight. I really loved the first song and the second one sent shivers down my spine.

I actually thought that Taylor looked a little nervous and was a little pitchy. But I still think he should win! Go GHD!!!!

http://bringingyouohm.wordpress.com/

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavanto

'May everyone everywhere be happy
May the whole world be joyous'
#1041 Old 05-24-2006, 12:28 AM
Veggie Regular

Taylor is going to win, he has to...I didnt like him one bit, but his last song tonight made me fall in love with him.
#1042 Old 05-24-2006, 01:45 AM

SOUL PATROL FANS

I only got in about 20 votes or so. GAWD, Chris should have been in the finale! Tomorrow night will be so cool when they all perform.

Go GHD And Simon says you would never make it this far. Whatever. And he does that too.
#1043 Old 05-24-2006, 02:31 AM
Veggie Regular

I tried to get through but had no luck at all! Of course, I only last about half an hour and then fell asleep. Which probably explains why I'm up at 3:36 a.m. typing on VB. Anyway, I thought Katherine was ok, slaughtered that last song. Taylor was great on the first and last songs, just ok on the second one. I hope he wins but I'm telling myself he's not so I'm not disappointed if Katherine wins. I'm such a pessimist but it's the only way I can make myself not crazy over it. I need to be prepared for the worst. I will be mad if Kat wins!!! Sometimes I think when the judges have a clear favorite, it has an opposite effect and makes the fans of the other contestant try harder and vote more to get them in.
#1044 Old 05-24-2006, 08:58 PM
Veggie Regular

Woooohooooo Taylor!

I didn't watch as religiously this year as last year, but I just really liked Taylor.
#1045 Old 05-24-2006, 09:36 PM

Wooop there it is!!! The best surprise was Prince!!!!! I was so shocked for him to perform and be there! So cool!

Did Ryan say that they had more votes than a president election!

What did Clay do to his hair.

And of course Bucky. I did not really care for the song that Chris sang with Live. But who cares. I heart Chris.

So glad Taylor did it!!!!
#1046 Old 05-24-2006, 11:05 PM
Veggie Regular

Ooops, I'm still watching it here. Shouldn't have clicked on this thread!!!!

http://bringingyouohm.wordpress.com/

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavanto

'May everyone everywhere be happy
May the whole world be joyous'
#1047 Old 05-24-2006, 11:37 PM
Veggie Regular

It hasn't even come on here yet....

I love knowing who is gonna win before any of my friends!!!

Nec Aspera Terrent
#1048 Old 05-25-2006, 12:59 AM

More than 63 million votes were cast, "more than any president in the history of our country has received," Seacrest said.

So I knew I was not dreaming on this one.
#1049 Old 05-25-2006, 04:47 AM
Veggie Regular

Ahhh. A big relief indeed. I don't know why I was so worried. Katherine didn't look that disappointed. I heard afterwards that she didn't expect to win. There's a rumor going around that she was asked to sing at Tom and Katie's wedding.
#1050 Old 05-25-2006, 05:27 AM
Veggie Regular

I am soooooo THRILLED that Taylor won! What a genuine guy. He may be odd, but he has talent and a terrific personality. Katherine was inconsistent and, although I liked her in the beginning, she began to rub me the wrong way. She seems like a phony when she is being nice. I think she's a SNOB.

HOOOOOORAAAAYYYY FOR TAYLOR!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page