To all you American Idol junkies *SPOILERS* (merged) - Page 3 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#61 Old 04-19-2003, 04:09 PM

I'm really starting to like Kimberly Locke. Nobody else has been interesting for the past few episodes. I was enjoying Rickey until they booted him off, and I liked Clay at first until he got boring and predictable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 Old 04-19-2003, 06:01 PM

I don't find Clay boring at all. In fact, I find him the most fun to watch. He lights up the stage.

Kim L is getting better and better.

I really hope Kim and Clay are the final 2.
#63 Old 04-20-2003, 09:16 PM

Hi, my name is Krista and I officially have a crush on Clay.

/sigh This is so pathetic. 27 years and I never had a crush on any movie star or singer (well, Mel, but he's old enough to be my father). And here I am, listening to downloaded mp3s of Clay, semi-trancelike.

Even my BF said to me last night, "You have a crush on him." I was like no, I don't. Then I started thinking...and by god I do.

/sigh This is pathetic. Humrp, I already said that. See? This Clay crush is now affecting my ability to communicate.

Now, if you will excuse me, I'm going to count the hours until tomorrow's special episode.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#64 Old 04-21-2003, 08:08 PM
Veggie Regular

Krista, are you familar with the Clay Train? Very cute!

Okay, as I promised Ceryna, here is my recap of Monday's recap show!

No judges tonight. Each contestant will be interviewed by Ryan and then sing their favorite past performance.

Carmen: Seacrest asks her some questions that fans have supposedly e-mailed to the show. In response to the Carmen/Clay rumors, Carmen will "just let America think what they want to think." Okay, here's what I think, Goat Girl...never mind. The next letter is from a girl who wants to be a singer like Carmen. Is that what she's supposed to be, a singer? As if to prove my point, Carmen bleats her way through "Can't Hurry Love."

Josh: Somebody give this poor guy an Ex-Lax. He looks like he's in pain.

Kim L.: Video montage of her past hairstyles, plus a clip of her telling Simon, "I used to think you were sexy, but now? You SUCK!" (She's gotten a lot of flack for that, but Simon actually smiled when she said that. The judges wanted the contestants to talk back.) Also showed her eating in the AI mansion. See, we're not supposed to like her because she's fat. Too bad, FOX. Even Simon said she looked great last week. Sings "I Can't Make You Love Me." Oh, but she did make us love her.

Ruben: Seacrest does most of the talking, I suppose to cover up Ruben's lack of personality. Nice job singing "Superstar," but if he wins, he isn't going to do very well with interviews.

Trenyce: Her idols are God and Whitney Houston. Did okay with "I Have Nothing."

CLAY! CLAY! CLAY!: Let's hear it for the boy! (No, that isn't what he sang.) Nice interview; the Clyan is in full force again. He talked about how overwhelming all the attention is and how touched he was by the donations to the YMCA in his name. Awww. They showed a video clip of him turning his feet all the way around. Sang the song about mice and nailed the final note (the one he had trouble with on Movie Night).

There was another group sing at the end ("All Night Long"), with a noticable lack of Clarmen this time. Overall, the show was basically a lead-in to the premiere of Mr. Personality, which I almost watched but didn't.
#65 Old 04-22-2003, 12:04 AM

Actually, he didn't have trouble with the note during Movie night. The mice wrobble the note at the end; he was singing like the mice

Tonight, he hit the note straight (probably because most people don't know the mice version) and then wrobbled it at the very very end and gave a tiny grin.

Ruben is terrible at being interviewed. I don't believe it's shyness either. It's just an inability to express himself.
#66 Old 04-22-2003, 11:58 AM
Veggie Regular

Thanks for the recap! *glomples Verbivore*

"Somewhere, Out There" is my favorite Clay song. Too bad I missed it.

Will it be on tonight, as well, for the usual competition stuff?

We see the world as "we" are, not as "it" is; because it is the "I" behind the "eye" that does the seeing.
#67 Old 04-22-2003, 06:40 PM
Veggie Regular

You can watch the interview and the peformance here:

http://www.claytonaiken.com/thatvoice.asp

I downloaded the audio here:

http://www.clay.neurox.net

It's on in 25 minutes!!!
#68 Old 04-23-2003, 11:07 AM
Veggie Regular

last night Josh was baaaaad but normally he's pretty good....

final 2 will be

ruben and kimberly locke. definitely. sorry clay fans!
#69 Old 04-23-2003, 09:38 PM
Veggie Regular

I missed it tonight! Who got voted off?!?!?

We see the world as "we" are, not as "it" is; because it is the "I" behind the "eye" that does the seeing.
#70 Old 04-24-2003, 06:44 AM

Kimberly Rules! I hope she wins...Lets here it for the Big Girls
#71 Old 04-24-2003, 08:35 AM
Veggie Regular

The Mormon Goat Girl is GONE! I just couldn't tolerate another week of her yodeling. And Josh was in the bottom 2 with her! Life could not be better.

Then I went to sleep and had a horrible nightmare in which Clay was voted off. He and Kim Locke were dancing together in the Ford skit - so cute! They both deserve to be in the final 2. I thought Ruben was going to win at first, but he appears to be in a rut. Clay and K-Locke are the only contestants who have noticabley changed from the beginning. They take the judges' comments and use them to improve their performances. Plus I think the producers really want to see a male/female final 2 and Kim is their only hope now. It's great television, because Simon was initially very concerned that neither of them looked like pop stars, and look where they are now!
#72 Old 04-24-2003, 08:47 AM

Yeah, I'm really happy for Kimberly. She doesn't fit the cookie-cutter version of the pop-idol as far as looks go. She is so beautiful and built more like the average woman. I'm glad that the voters are seeing passed the fact that she's not model-thin and not showing her belly at every opportunity. She has a wonderful voice. I'd buy a CD from her. I truly think she'll win.
#73 Old 04-24-2003, 10:11 AM
Veggie Regular

*does the happy Goodbye Carmen! dance*

Yes! I'm so glad to see her gone, and hopefully Josh will be gone next week! XD

#74 Old 04-24-2003, 03:20 PM
Veggie Regular

finally carmen is gone.... she didn't look too bad though ;-)
#75 Old 04-24-2003, 04:50 PM
Veggie Regular

YEAH!!! Carmen's gone! She actually did OK in her last performance but she was still second-worst to Josh that week, and worst overall. I'm thinking Josh goes next week because he pretty much sucks most of the time and was second to last this week. Then Trenyce goes and Kimberly, Ruben and Clay are final 3. I would like to see Ruben and Kimberly as the final two and would be happy with either winning. I'm really hoping that that eyelid-fluttering Broadway singer/Lounge Lizard clay is not the American Idol. He is a great singer but all the Broadway-ish movements and overdramatic singing annoys me. He's not the kind of singer that should win American Idol.
#76 Old 04-24-2003, 05:21 PM

WOOHOO!!!! THE GOAT IS GONE!!!!

I don't typically call people names, but she was getting pathetic.

Get rid of Josh, someone please. I'm Canadian and can't vote. Please...I beg you....You can even vote for Treynce if you have to....just GET HIM OFF THERE!

If Simon didn't keep saying "Broadway" how many people would think Clay was broadway? I've seen several musicals over the ages and, I think, the main reason people say that about Clay is that he sounds his words out, so everyone can understand him. He makes singing look effortless.

He doesn't "look" the right way (personally, I *love* skinny men) blah blah etc etc and so forth. Those people will all be silenced by the the People magazine Idol issue (the bathroom picture -hubba hubba).

Until Clay, there hasn't been an AI singer - last year or this - worth me downloading songs or worth my money for a CD; not even Kelly.
#77 Old 04-25-2003, 02:50 AM

http://www.freevote.com/booth/idolwinner

Me and my friend are having a debate as to who will win!

I say Clay! he says Josh...

I know most of you here like clay so go vote!

Danny
#78 Old 04-25-2003, 05:21 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by kristadb

If Simon didn't keep saying "Broadway" how many people would think Clay was broadway? I've seen several musicals over the ages and, I think, the main reason people say that about Clay is that he sounds his words out, so everyone can understand him. [/B]

From the beginning I always thought he should be a broadway or lounge singer instead of a pop singer or whatever American Idol wants. At the beginning of his songs, I think he's doing really well but then near the end he always adds in the overenunciated words and broadway-like movements and I'm just like, "what's with this cheesy dramatic stuff? I would like him much better if it wasn't for this."
#79 Old 04-25-2003, 11:54 PM

OMG

Clay fans -- you HAVE to download the NEW single from Clay "On the Wings of Love." I hate this song, but /swoon

Clay haters - you still have to download the song and try to hate him
#80 Old 04-26-2003, 06:29 AM

I don't like Clay. When I look at him and listen to him I really don't think Idol. Sorry
#81 Old 04-26-2003, 07:58 AM
Beginner

RUBEN RUBEN RUBEN RUBEN RUBEN!!!!!!

I love his voice and stage presence. If he does not win I will be quite upset. I think Kimberley Locke should get second. I used to think Clay should get second but I have to agree... the boy is Broadway 100%. I just couldn't hear him on the radio. IMO there is already a singer out there like that and he is Josh Groben. While I like Clay's voice, he sounds too much the same all the time. Ruben just gives me chills when he sings. His voice is so warm.

Take care!
#82 Old 04-26-2003, 10:49 AM
Veggie Regular

Allibaba- I agree 100% with everything you said. I'm glad there are at least a couple people here who share my opinion.
#83 Old 04-26-2003, 01:20 PM

In the end, it doesn't matter who wins now. Kim L, Clay and Ruben will all end up with recording contracts.

In a way, I hope Clay doesn't win, so he doesn't have to prostitute himself to 19 Entertainment the way they did with Kelly (ugh, hate her CD and I loved her on the show).

Ruben has a nice voice. I don't like how he lets the background singers sing the high notes for him while he oooos and ahhhhs through it. But, I also know a lot of R&B singers do that, so maybe he's trying to ad lib like them.
#84 Old 04-26-2003, 11:57 PM

http://pub77.ezboard.com/fthatsthecl...icID=491.topic

Link of Clay singing "Unchained Melody." The ending is cut off, as the family is selling the song as part of a demo CD for the autism society (to hear the full version, you have to buy the CD).

The song was recorded 3 years ago. Even if you don't like Clay, you should really listen to the song; he sounds different then on the show - low and sexy.

hubba hubba
#85 Old 04-27-2003, 01:16 AM
Veggie Regular

I like show tunes, so I love voices like Clay's. I can tell Clay is working hard to control his mannerisms onstage, but it can't be easy when he's getting mixed messages from the judges. Simon keeps changing his opinion; the week before last, he said he preferred Clay with his eyes shut, and this week he says that he doesn't see Clay as a recording artist. But I think Simon's playing with the viewers. He isn't stupid. He hears the girls screaming for Clay, he sees the Aiken 4 Clay signs, and he knows he's struck gold.

Just out of curiosity, how many of you vote every week? How many times do you vote? I've been voting for Kim Locke for the past two weeks, because I want her to finish second and I know Clay is safe for now. I vote the entire two hours. (insert 'loser' smiley here)
#86 Old 04-27-2003, 11:19 AM

I'm Canadian, so I can't vote
#87 Old 04-27-2003, 11:19 AM
Veggie Regular

When I watch at work, I can't vote, because while I can make and receive occasional personal calls at the office, spending two hours trying to get through to a busy voting number might irritate my coworkers and/or supervisor. ^^;;

#88 Old 04-27-2003, 07:36 PM
Veggie Regular

I vote sometimes. Sometimes I'll vote for Ruben or who I think did well, and other times for who I think deserves to stay another week.
#89 Old 04-29-2003, 11:29 PM

I am drooling all over myself after Clay's performances. Wow! Oh my good god wow!
#90 Old 04-30-2003, 12:33 AM
Veggie Regular

I just don't think Clay is that good. I never have! And for the love of god, GET RID OF JOSH!! He blows!

But I do think Trenyce is awesome. I don't see every show though, so maybe I miss some crappy performances.

When Canadian Idol is on, I'll be on the phone voting!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page