To all you American Idol junkies *SPOILERS* (merged) - Page 2 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#31 Old 04-07-2003, 04:41 PM
Veggie Regular

Sorry Clay fans, but Clay's too lounge-singer-ish for me... and his weird facial expressions annoy me.

I want Ruben to win, he's just better than all the rest. That was dumb that they didn't kick anyone off, I was ready to see carmen or trenyce go.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 04-07-2003, 11:18 PM

i must say, in my opinion, the girls aren't really that impressive this year .. so disappointing. i think i am letting their personalities play into this, but hey that's what the show's about, right?

my picks are ruben, hehe i think it's his smile but i love watching him sing, ricky (hercules! hercules!), clay, and kimberly. not the blond.
#33 Old 04-08-2003, 12:20 AM
Veggie Regular

I don't like Ricky at all... I am a Josh fan tho

Nec Aspera Terrent
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#34 Old 04-08-2003, 10:52 AM
Veggie Regular

I don't get the Ruuuuben love at all. His sound isn't unique. And he always wears those jerseys and does that reaching-out motion while he sings. I'll watch him again tonight to see if I missed anything special before.

Ryan Seacrest needs to either come out or stop making bad gay jokes. Its raining men! We get it!
#35 Old 04-08-2003, 06:09 PM

mm.. I love clay!

I never watch American idol,

But my mums a sucker for ALL realitly shows... (except Big brother + tempation island)

She even still watches every episode of survivor!

But anyway as i was saying.. my mum watches it,

and whenever Clays on i MAKE her call me to watch it

hes the greatest i really hope he wins!

Everyone vote for clay, because i cant...(wrong country)

and for once its good.. we are only 5 days behind, which is only 1 episode...

because normally with things like surivivor we are months behind.. and whilst watching CNN you find out the winner before the show even starts screening here (ok so i exadgurate a little!)

*DaNNy!*
#36 Old 04-08-2003, 06:11 PM
Veggie Regular

What's the theme tonight?

We see the world as "we" are, not as "it" is; because it is the "I" behind the "eye" that does the seeing.
#37 Old 04-08-2003, 06:11 PM

argh i forgot to mention..

Rubens my mums favourite, but i too dont actually like him,

Its not that i dont think hes good...

just to me hes nothing special (HES ALOT BETTER THAN ME...SO GOOD ON HIM, but you know what i mean!)

*DaNNy!*
#38 Old 04-08-2003, 11:31 PM

OMG!!!

An American Idol thread!!! I LOVE YOU PEOPLE!!!!

All I have to say is that Clay brought me to tears tonight. I love the song he sang - one of my favorites. And to hear him sing it? Oh lord, I was about to swoon.
#39 Old 04-09-2003, 05:46 PM

So who do you think will get the boot this week?

I'm thinking that it could be Carmen.
#40 Old 04-09-2003, 06:00 PM
Veggie Regular

I agree, I think Carmen will probably go tonight.

Of course, I thought Kimberly Caldwell's performance last night was awful, but I think that she'll probably be safe due to her looks. -_-

*poings around on the Clay Train*

We see the world as "we" are, not as "it" is; because it is the "I" behind the "eye" that does the seeing.
#41 Old 04-09-2003, 11:12 PM

/sigh They voted Rocky off?!?!

This thing is SOOO fixed. Come on.

Boy-girl trend.

Last week 2 women ended up in the bottom, but they didn't get voted off because Corey got kicked off the show. But it was a guy's turn to go. And then this week? The token guy is gone.

/sigh

And why the heck is the skinny goat still on there? Carmen cannot sing as good as the rest of them.

And Clay needs to get his hands off her skinny booty!

/sigh

I'm not a happy fan.
#42 Old 04-09-2003, 11:14 PM
Veggie Regular

I thnk Reuben is the clear talent on that show... more than any other person. I'd have to give the nod to Clay as second most talented. But I'm willing to bet that one of the blonde women gets "carried" to the finals, regardless of talent level.
#43 Old 04-10-2003, 07:57 AM
Beginner

I love American Idol but I seriously think that this years contestants are lacking the spunk and personality of last years. I hope Clay wins, or if not him then Rueban, but they both sound the same every single week (not the same as each other, just they sing the same way week after week). I have to admit that I love Josh though. He isn't as strong vocally as the others, and country is basically his best bet so I don't see him winning, but when he sang "Amazed" OH MY GOSH!!! I was drooling..lol....I was kinda upset Ricky got voted off, not because I like him, but because I wanted Carment to go. Here is how I think the next boots should go..(like it matters but hey..lol)

1. Carmen

2. Kimberly Caldwell

3.Trenyce

4.Josh

5.Kimberly Locke

6.Ruben

7.Clay wins
#44 Old 04-10-2003, 08:36 AM
Veggie Regular

Clay and Carmen? About as believable as Evan and Zora. After last week, FOX is working hard to end the rumors about Clay. (And if VP thinks he's cute, he just might be gay. ) Also, if people see them together, they'll associate her with him and keep Carmen on the show longer. Clay's a naturally affectionate person and a bit of a ham and people will read into his actions however they want.
#45 Old 04-10-2003, 03:05 PM
Veggie Regular

I can NOT believe that idiotic GOAT carmen is still on! How did she not even make the bottom 3? She was HORRIBLE this week! It was the worst performance i've seen on the show!

I still think ruben's the best! Clay comes in second as he's pretty good. I do think he's a bit gay-ish verbivore, but that doesn't change my opinion of his being the 2nd best contestant.
#46 Old 04-10-2003, 03:41 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by candycane02

I love American Idol but I seriously think that this years contestants are lacking the spunk and personality of last years. I hope Clay wins, or if not him then Rueban, but they both sound the same every single week (not the same as each other, just they sing the same way week after week). I have to admit that I love Josh though. He isn't as strong vocally as the others, and country is basically his best bet so I don't see him winning, but when he sang "Amazed" OH MY GOSH!!! I was drooling..lol....I was kinda upset Ricky got voted off, not because I like him, but because I wanted Carment to go. Here is how I think the next boots should go..(like it matters but hey..lol)

1. Carmen

2. Kimberly Caldwell

3.Trenyce

4.Josh

5.Kimberly Locke

6.Ruben

7.Clay wins

I agree, but my order would be:

1.Carmen

2.josh good singer, just not captivating

3.kimberly c- good potential, but she does the same style of singing every week.

4. kimberly L

5. clay or ruben or trenyce all consistantly very good.
#47 Old 04-10-2003, 11:00 PM

I don't like Josh (he shouts and tries to sound just like the original singer of his songs, instead of himself), Carmen (she does that weird vibrating thing, and her voice is not strong enough at this point), Kim C (she has no passion in her voice). Trenyce is inconsistent. When she's good, she's good. When she's bad, she's bad. No middle ground.
#48 Old 04-10-2003, 11:28 PM

*sigh*

Clay should win. I'm absolutely in love... lol. But seriously, Clay is very talented. (So is Reuben for that matter!)

My only beef is that I don't want my precious Clay to win and have to record a god-awful popish boy-band crap cd! I want to see him write/play/sing his own music! I bet he can...

-tokyopixie
#49 Old 04-11-2003, 03:49 AM
Beginner

I don't really see any of the best singers on the show as pop singers. Clay is more smooth and is great with love songs, and Ruben is too and is more like a luther vandros (I can't spell..lol),....I don't see either of them singing faster song's at all, maybe it is just me. But hey, I don't see why the American Idol "has" to be pop...and about kristadb's comment about trenyce, I totally agree. She can be such an amazing singer sometimes, and then she isn't that great, if she were consistant she would be up there with clay and ruban for me but she just isn't.
#50 Old 04-11-2003, 10:00 AM
Veggie Regular

I'm liking Kimberley Locke more every week. I listened to a recording of her and Frenchie Davis singing "Band of Gold" and I think Kim is actually the better singer of the two. Frenchie can belt a tune and she has lots of personality, but Kim has more control over her voice. I'm still on the Clay train but I'm going to focus on keeping Kim in the picture this week.
#51 Old 04-11-2003, 12:32 PM
Beginner

oh yeah..i hope that kimberly locke stays in for a while..i don't see why she is constantly in the bottom three...i think it is probably because she is a little less outspoken then the rest of them now..but she has such a pretty voice.
#52 Old 04-15-2003, 10:46 PM
Beginner

I am watching American Idol right now and Simone just said the funniest thinig (well I thought it was funny at least)..that carmen girl that I think is a horrible singer and should have been voted off a long time ago just sung and she was HORRIBLE!!!!!!!..and he said something along the lines of "It sounded like you were at a party and you were a child that got up to sing her parents a song, and if I were those parents I would have told you to shut up!" lol..i just got a big laugh out of this..hehehe
#53 Old 04-16-2003, 09:43 AM
Veggie Regular

Smokey Robinson is the guest judge. The songs are all by Billy Joel.

First up: Kim C. - "Still Rock and Roll to Me" - Another theme park performance.

2) Ruben - "I Love You Just the Way You Are" - Not wearing a jersey. And - get this - SIMON CRITICIZES RUBEN! Nothing harsh, of course, just that Ruben needs to mix it up a little.

3) Kim L. - "New York State of Mind" - FABULOUS! Once again, she took a song I normally don't care for and made me like it. The judges loved her and I'm seeing a lot of renewed Kimmel-love on the message boards. I hope that means she sticks around a few more weeks.

4) Carmen - "And So it Goes" - I love this song, but she butchered it. I had to listen to the original version over and over again last week in order to cleanse my ears.

Simon: "If I'm being honest, it was rather like going to a ghastly party, and a child singing at the end. For her parents. I'd say, shut up. I'll tell you why, at this stage in the competition, it's not good enough. It was terrible."

Randy: "I agree with you for once."

She looked like she was about to cry. I almost felt bad for her. Except not.

5) Josh - "Piano Man" - Craptacular. Simon doesn't criticize his painful facial expressions. He looks like George W. Bush singing.

6) Trenyce Baby Grand It was, you know, okay. Judges like it but didnt love it.

7) Clay - "Tell Her About It" - Wearing a black suit with a blue shirt; looks better than the button-down shirt. I think it's the outfit he wore on Wildcard night. Oh, the song. Starts off as a ballad - that tease! - and goes uptempo, which is just what he needed to do. Judges love it; only criticism is when Simon tells him to tone down the facial tics. Except he phrases it like this: "Clay, don't take this the wrong way, but I like you better with your eyes closed." Heh. Then Seacrest just has to say that he likes Simon better with his eyes closed. Interpret those comments however you wish.

Overall: If this keeps up we may see a Clay/Kimmel final 2. They both looked and sounded fantastic. (Plus, I think they would make a cute couple!)
#54 Old 04-16-2003, 12:03 PM
Veggie Regular

*glomps Verbivore*

Yay for recap-ness!

I hope Carmen gets voted off. ^^;;

#55 Old 04-16-2003, 06:14 PM

Ruben was off key, though. No one wants to criticize Ruben, but honestly, I though he sucked royally. But, he sucked much less then Carmen, Josh or Kim C.
#56 Old 04-16-2003, 06:23 PM

guys i just dont understand the thing with josh he freaken sucks i have been hoping for a long time that he would go but alas hes still there making my skin crawl...now i love kimberly caldwell she has a stevi nix type voice but only if she can harnes it she is not doing too well...love clay, ruben and kim L they are fantastic as for carmen boot her the hell off yuck!!!!!! she is sucks harder than a shop vac
#57 Old 04-16-2003, 11:00 PM
Beginner

WHAT???? They voted off kim caldwell over carmen...do people not listen when carmen sings..i mean yeah I don't like kim that much but she is way better than carmen...grrrr....lol...just had to vent about it
#58 Old 04-17-2003, 12:34 AM

well, the sooner Kim C, Carmen and Josh are gone, the better the show will be
#59 Old 04-17-2003, 10:53 AM
Veggie Regular

Someone on another message board posted scans of Clay in ths week's People magazine (special AI edition, separate from the regular issue). Our boy is a man:

http://www.wallnet.com/~dauber/clayaiken/

Can't post, gotta run to the mall to look for that magazine!
#60 Old 04-17-2003, 04:45 PM
Beginner

You know, i really don't mind Josh at all. I don't think he is a horrible singer, but he does need some work. I think his voice is best suited for certain songs and certain types of songs, so he definetly doesn't deserve to be the American Idol, but I don't think he sounds as bad as some of hte others.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page