Music Discussion Thread - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 10-05-2005, 08:12 PM

Anyone else a big music fan in here? I listen to it pretty much all day at work, as I am now, and it's always with me during my exercise routines. I picked up the new Spin Doctors CD from Target on Monday of this week, so that's been occupying my player all week. They actually had it at Universal, but I completely passed it by because I didn't know they were still playing music.

It's a really good disc, has all the energy that their Pocket Full of Kryptonite album had in the early 90s (I'm 27-err 25 now, so those were my teenage years). There's a great song called Sugar on it that I've had in my head a lot lately.

Anyone else remember them or like their music? They're really good live, too, saw them with the Gin Blossoms a few years ago.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 10-05-2005, 09:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshinemaye View Post

Anyone else a big music fan in here?

I listen while I work but I'm finding that I can't write while listening to anything with English language lyrics. This is getting me into a lot of symphonies, concertos and quartets, in addition to a fair quantity of jazz.
#3 Old 10-05-2005, 10:01 PM
Veggie Regular

omg, im' a music freak!!! i cant help myself. the only reaosn im not listening to music now is because my parents are asleep and the compute ris in teh next room to their... room.

i love system of a down, bright eyes, and many many many others. i listen to SO many thigns. im really not that picky... really. i love hard things - like um, cradle of filth, system of a down, slipknot, but i love soft stuff too - like bright eyes, dresden dolls, death cab for cutie. etc.

i l ov emusic so much. im constantly listneing to it. it's ridiculous, i think. 'cuase i cant focus with it on. well, i can. but not 100%. but then when it's off, i really cnat focus 'cause im thinking about it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 10-05-2005, 10:05 PM
Veggie Regular

my favorite parts in songs would have to be either whisper or screaming... i dont like too much of either. when they're mixed it's perfect. like vermillion by slipknot. well, it has some parts that are neither... which i dont like. but the whisper and yelling parts are wesome!

and nymphetamine by cradle of filth- has cool parts too - the whisper is short, but il ike it.
#5 Old 10-05-2005, 11:43 PM

System of the down kicks butt! Do you guys have Serious or how ever you spell that on cable or dish. Love that!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page