so you walk in to a cyber cafe - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 09-26-2005, 11:45 AM
Veggie Regular

so you walck into a cyber cafe, looking for some where to paly video games

what kinda of games do you want to find??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 09-26-2005, 11:50 AM
Veggie Regular

Spelling games.
#3 Old 09-26-2005, 12:16 PM
Veggie Regular

From the thread title, I thought this was going to be a ongoing joke thread. You know, like "two veg*ans walk into a cyber cafe..."

*this space not for sale*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 09-26-2005, 12:19 PM
Veggie Regular

I would sign on to Pogo.com and play one of the puzzle games there.
#5 Old 09-26-2005, 02:49 PM
Veggie Regular

I never told you guys this, but...I can't walck!

And I'd demand to be taken to the Ms. Pacman table. I know they have one somewhere...
#6 Old 09-26-2005, 05:54 PM
Kiz
Veggie Regular

Counter Strike, and play in a team. I like being able to shout across the room, "there's someone behind you!!". You can't do that when your teammates are in France, Canada and Mozambique. Most other games I can play from my home PC.

Love the post? Why not buy the T-shirt!
http://www.kiz-shop.de/index.php?page=categorie&cat=8
http://www.kiz-shop.de/index.php?page=product&info=94
#7 Old 09-26-2005, 06:05 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tofu-N-Sprouts View Post

Spelling games.

#8 Old 09-26-2005, 06:34 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpickell View Post

I would sign on to Pogo.com and play one of the puzzle games there.

I love Pojo.com! I'd go onto the Paradiso (offshoot of PotD, a gamefaqs.com board. . .long story) arcade and play Baloon Hunter or Penguin Toss.
#9 Old 09-26-2005, 07:05 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Spelling games.

*L*

#10 Old 09-26-2005, 07:53 PM
Banned

Quote:

Spelling games.

Wack a grammar cop!

Quote:

"How I wish I had not expressed my theory of evolution as I have done; I was a young man with unformed, foolish ideas. I threw them carelessly to the world and they took like wildfire.

People took them as truth and made a religion of them, it was not my intent." ~ ~ Charles Darwin

"Lady Hope was not present during his (Charles Darwin's) last illness, or any illness. I believe he never even saw her, but in any case she had no influence over him in any department of thought or belief. He never recanted any of his scientific views, either then or earlier. We think the story of his conversion was fabricated in the U.S.A. . . . The whole story has no foundation whatever."--Henrietta Darwin Congratulations, you got punked.
#11 Old 09-26-2005, 09:40 PM
Veggie Regular

The only game I've ever played in a cyber cafe was counterstrike, so I suppose I have to vote for that one.
#12 Old 09-26-2005, 09:53 PM
Veggie Regular

I've never gone to a cyber cafe, but I play a lot of word games.
#13 Old 09-26-2005, 11:09 PM
Banned

Quote:

Spelling games.

It was ONE typo the poor thing did! Can't you leave your job at the door for a little while Tofu?

I'd probably wanna play something retro like Wipeout or N20
#14 Old 09-27-2005, 07:40 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Spelling games.

lol !
#15 Old 09-27-2005, 08:00 AM
Banned

In an attempt to bring this back on topic. I'd want a java-enabled browser so I could pop up my Free Internet Chess Server or Internet Chess Club account. Also a general web browser for ChessWorld.net, ItsYourTurn.com, or Yahoo games.
#16 Old 09-27-2005, 10:48 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
It was ONE typo...

Cool, since I count four, I don't mind playing counting games instead...

(And just to stay OFF topic for you Kirk - since you're obviously the resident expert, you also know perfectly well the authenticity of my siggy quote is far less in question than your counter-quote... but then, I had no idea this was a "debate our signatures" thread.)
#17 Old 09-27-2005, 11:22 AM
Veggie Regular

i hate to pop anyone's bubble but one of them is repeated so it's not a typo at all

so that makes it at least one real mistake and three typos, and i'm pretty sure "some where" is not a typo either
#18 Old 09-27-2005, 11:22 AM
Banned

Quote:

What purpose does disrupting a good thread to show off your knowledge of spelling serve the discussion?

Quote:

(And just to stay OFF topic for you Kirk - since you're obviously the resident expert, you also know perfectly well the authenticity of my siggy quote is far less in question than your counter-quote... but then, I had no idea this was a "debate our signatures" thread.)

Not really. As you perfectly well know, this quote did not come from Darwin, but from a statement by "Lady Hope" that was published three decades after both Dawin's death, and the public event at which the statement took place. As you perfectly well know, there is little or no collaborating evidence for Lady Hope's visit to the Darwin household. As you perfectly well know, the Lady Hope story was contested by Darwin's friends and family after his death. As you perfectly well know, many evolution deniers consider the Lady Hope story to be questionable: http://www.traviscase.org/Sermons/Ap...HopeStory.html

The reason why it is relevant is because I find it interesting that you habitually like to disrupt discussions over trivial spelling errors, while demonstrating a cavalier attitude towards basic fact checking. In my experience as a non-fiction writer, the latter is a much more serious offense than the former.

Perhaps you would prefer this quote?

"Lady Hope's account of my father's views on religion is quite untrue. I have publicly accused her of falsehood, but have not seen any reply. My father's agnostic point of view is given in my Life and Letters of Charles Darwin, Vol. I., pp. 304-317. You are at liberty to publish the above statement. Indeed, I shall be glad if you will do so. Yours faithfully, Francis Darwin. Brookthorpe, Gloucester. May 28, 1918."
#19 Old 09-27-2005, 11:23 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky View Post

i hate to pop anyone's bubble but one of them is repeated so it's not a typo at all

so that makes it at least one real mistake and three typos, and i'm pretty sure "some where" is not a typo either

How does this answer the poster's original question?
#20 Old 09-27-2005, 11:26 AM
Veggie Regular

it doesn't

which means i'm off topic

which kinda makes me almost a criminal

OMG ! I'm so hardcore i'm gonna crap my pants !

ETA: i'll try to be serious now. i ususally try to stay on topic, but opening post has so many mistakes in it, that i don't feel like i'm any more of a criminal for being off topic than the OP for not checking any of the spelling.
#21 Old 09-27-2005, 11:47 AM
Banned

Quote:

ETA: i'll try to be serious now. i ususally try to stay on topic, but opening post has so many mistakes in it, that i don't feel like i'm any more of a criminal for being off topic than the OP for not checking any of the spelling.

So your solution to a post that asks an honest question, but contains some spelling mistakes is to make the situation ever worse by adding rudeness to the mix?
#22 Old 09-27-2005, 11:51 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by astro View Post

It was ONE typo the poor thing did! Can't you leave your job at the door for a little while Tofu?

I'd probably wanna play something retro like Wipeout or N20

Actually the poor thing has made easily thousands of "typos" (really misspellings), but only 4 of the 20 or so words in the OP were misspelled.

I thought we were supposed to be taking steps to make our posts easily readable? Someone with horrible spelling should be using a spell checker, either the one provided for them with the board software, the firefox extension, or just pasting from a word processor.
#23 Old 09-27-2005, 11:52 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkjobsluder View Post

What purpose does disrupting a good thread to show off your knowledge of spelling serve the discussion?

No more purpose than your evidently superior knowledge as a pompous non-fiction writer and expert on all things Darwinian.

Pretty much anything I say, in any thread, you're going to quote and pick apart because somehow I offend you. Deal with it some other way than disrupting the thread yourself...

I just realized the "ignore" feature is one I don't utilize nearly often enough...

As far as Cyber Cafe's go? I'm a CounterStrike fan too.

(There, back on topic, OK, I'm done here.)
#24 Old 09-27-2005, 11:53 AM
Banned

Quote:

How about talking about VIDEO games instead

glory glory halellujah, teacher wacked me with a ruler!
#25 Old 09-27-2005, 11:54 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by remilard View Post

I thought we were supposed to be taking steps to make our posts easily readable? Someone with horrible spelling should be using a spell checker, either the one provided for them with the board software, the firefox extension, or just pasting from a word processor.

Certainly, however derailing a thread to call out misspellings is even worse than the original mispellings. If you must feel the need to demonstrate your editorial brilliance, at least try to do so in a non-snarky way, in a post that contributes to the overall thread.

BTW, I edited the original post, and started a new thread since this one has been derailed.
#26 Old 09-27-2005, 11:57 AM
Banned

Quote:

As far as Cyber Cafe's go? I'm a CounterStrike fan too.

(There, back on topic, OK, I'm done here.)

See...there you go, you can do it

xanax anyone?
#27 Old 09-27-2005, 11:58 AM
Banned

Quote:

No more purpose than your evidently superior knowledge as a pompous non-fiction writer and expert on all things Darwinian.

Oh, I'm no expert. I just have access to an encyclopedia and google, two things that would appear to be just as essential as a dictionary.

Quote:

Pretty much anything I say, in any thread, you're going to quote and pick apart because somehow I offend you. Deal with it some other way than disrupting the thread yourself...

The only problem I have is with people who feel entitled to derail a discussion to call out spelling errors.
#28 Old 09-27-2005, 12:12 PM
Veggie Regular

I think commenting on bad spelling is inappropriate, so instead I'm going to say that sometimes the OP ends up with some of the ugliest prose possible in the English language.

As for the video games, I guess I'd be looking for 1st person shooters (Half-life etc.)

"and I stand

upon a mountain

made of weak and useless men"

#29 Old 09-27-2005, 02:43 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

it doesn't

which means i'm off topic

which kinda makes me almost a criminal

OMG ! I'm so hardcore i'm gonna crap my pants !

#30 Old 09-27-2005, 02:45 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkjobsluder View Post

In an attempt to bring this back on topic. I'd want a java-enabled browser so I could pop up my Free Internet Chess Server or Internet Chess Club account. Also a general web browser for ChessWorld.net, ItsYourTurn.com, or Yahoo games.

Do you play Chess on Yahoo games? I have an account over there.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page