I met my favorite band, Garbage! - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 09-13-2005, 12:11 PM

I am in complete ecstatic bliss. Oh. My. Gods.

It just kept getting better and better and better.

We got there early, so we were only a few people back in line. The first two girls in line got taken out to go meet them. The third girl was almost in tears

So we were in the pit, and went right in the front in the center. Met some awesome people to talk to to pass the time. The opening band was a great surprise, and I got to touch the singer's hand, yay! Okay.

And Garbage did their set, which was effing amazing. There were all sorts of things going around before they came on, like rumors that they might break up (NO!) and that Butch's mother had died, so he wasn't at the previous shows on their tour (NO!). But he was there, and you could tell he was enjoying himself. And did I mention that they took the monitors offstage? Pure freaking sound. They played #1 Crush, which I was praying they'd play, but wasn't expecting them too. The girl we met there has seen them 3 times already this year and that was the first time she heard that one. Yessssssss. My friend threw a boa up onstage, and the security dude took it at first, but Shirley took it and cussed at him.

And after the show we talked to the girl from the starting band (called The Start) who's awesome. Everyone in their band signed my ticket, and we talked to her until the security people kicked us out.

I had to go grab some stuff that the security made me take off before the show and hide, and then we went behind the theatre. There was a group of people hanging around, so we went to see what they were doing. It was by the buses so we just waited for them to come out. There was another group closer to the door, and when they started coming out we were afraid that they wouldn't come all the way over to see us. But they did! Oh my gods. So yeah, I think I'm the only one that got everyone's sigs from both bands on my ticket (which I'm framing). I freaking talked to all of them. I got to touch all of them. And Butch Vig kissed my hand! I'm never washing them again.

This probably seems very stupid to anyone who can't relate, but you're the ones missing out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 09-13-2005, 09:29 PM

That's very cool! Butch kissed your hand?! Wow!
#3 Old 09-14-2005, 05:33 PM
Veggie Regular

OMG!!!11one
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 09-17-2005, 04:48 AM
Veggie Regular

crush is off the romeo & juliet soundtrack, yeah? Great song!
#5 Old 09-17-2005, 08:18 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokara View Post

And after the show we talked to the girl from the starting band (called The Start) who's awesome.

!! Aimee Echo! I love the Start!!

lucky duck!
#6 Old 09-17-2005, 08:22 AM
Veggie Regular

saweet! lucky.
#7 Old 09-17-2005, 08:17 PM

like... omigod!

#8 Old 09-17-2005, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by porvida View Post

!! Aimee Echo! I love the Start!!

lucky duck!

Yeah, she was great. I gave her my email in case she wants their website redone. She put it in her bra What an ironic name though, eh?
#9 Old 09-18-2005, 09:28 AM
American Made, Rebel Born

eeeeeeee!

i would have cried.

no joke.

cry havoc! and let slip the dogs of war.
#10 Old 09-18-2005, 09:50 AM
Veggie Regular

awesome!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page