Firefly will be shown on SciFi - starting July 22nd! - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 07-19-2005, 08:32 PM
Veggie Regular

With the upcoming movie Serenity coming out soon, SciFi is showing the entire Firefly series in the correct order! (Serenity is the name of the spaceship, which is a "Firefly-class" ship, hence the two names.) Here's part of the review on Amazon:

Quote:
After you've seen all 14 episodes of Firefly contained in this smartly packaged DVD set, you'll be begging for more. The sad irony is, series creator Joss Whedon's ambitious science-fiction Western (Whedon's third series after Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel) was canceled after only eleven of these 14 produced episodes had aired on FOX, and its demise was woefully premature.

...and from the Firefly page on Wikipedia, that explains how the show got, well, screwed:

Quote:
Fans attributed the low ratings in part to some actions of the FOX Network. Firefly was promoted as an action-comedy rather than the more serious character study it was intended to be; episodes were occasionally preempted for sporting events, and the episodes were not aired in the order that the creators had intended. Most notably, the two-hour episode "Serenity" was intended to be the pilot episode, as it contains most of the character introductions and back-story. However, FOX decided that "Serenity" was not a suitable pilot, and so the second episode, "The Train Job," was rushed into production to become the pilot episode.

I just finished watching the DVDs, and it's an amazing show. I know "sci-fi western" sounds REALLY weird, but it totally works. If you haven't seen it, watch it! It has tons of character development, humor, action, but most importantly, really great writing and great stories! There's so much to the story that never got answered, and the actors are signed for three movies, so I hope they make them all. If we're really lucky, the show will "pull a Family Guy" and come back on the air!

http://www.scifi.com/firefly/

Of course, if you watch a few episodes and can't wait to see the rest, by all means by the DVD set!

Check out my webcomic! www.GrammarComic.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-19-2005, 10:12 PM
Veggie Regular

I saw an episode a bit ago and it was pretty good. The whole 'old west' feel combined with space is interesting

I might get the DVD some day

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page