Mr and Mrs Smith - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 06-10-2005, 10:56 PM
Banned

It was pretty funny!! I enjoyed it a lot more then I thought.

Everytime I watch Angeline Jolie, I think, "When I grow up, I want to be like her. Minus all the weirdness."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-10-2005, 11:20 PM
Veggie Regular

JEALOUS! I wanted to see it today, but I'll have to wait until Sunday or Monday to get to the theatre for it. Oh well. It looks awesome; I've been waiting for it ever since I saw the first previews last year!

And I know EXACTLY what you mean about Angelina Jolie. She's such an amazing person (a little nuts, yes, but aren't we all? LOL)... I *so* want to be like her. Especially with all the work she's done lately with the UNHCR... it's just amazing.
#3 Old 06-10-2005, 11:29 PM

haha my parents got a thing in the mail being all DEAR MR AND MRS SMITH WE INVITE YOU TO COME SEE FIRST SCREENING OF MR AND MRS SMITH

and they could invite any other Mr and Mrs Smiths too.. just had to bring photo ID.

But they were all NAH SHAME UR ONLY MISS SMITH YOU CANT GO (except my parents dont actually talk like a bratty 13 year old.)

AND NOW EVERYONE KNOWS MY LAST NAME. OMG. ITS SO COMMON. YOU'LL ALL FIND ME NOW. AHHH.

So it was good..?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 06-10-2005, 11:53 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyKass View Post

haha my parents got a thing in the mail being all DEAR MR AND MRS SMITH WE INVITE YOU TO COME SEE FIRST SCREENING OF MR AND MRS SMITH

and they could invite any other Mr and Mrs Smiths too.. just had to bring photo ID.

But they were all NAH SHAME UR ONLY MISS SMITH YOU CANT GO (except my parents dont actually talk like a bratty 13 year old.)

AND NOW EVERYONE KNOWS MY LAST NAME. OMG. ITS SO COMMON. YOU'LL ALL FIND ME NOW. AHHH.

So it was good..?

OMG< YESSsS!! NOW i GET TO FLY HALF WAY AROUDN THE WORLD TO STtAAALK YOU HAYLEY!!! OMGz! ETA: AND OMGSS!!! RU RELATED TOW ILL SMITH?? CUZ THT WHOULD BE SOO COOL. I WANT TO HAVE YOUR BABIES

I want to see that movie, if only to see what all the hub-ub is about.
#5 Old 06-10-2005, 11:55 PM
Veggie Regular

I was thinking of going to see that too but I never like to spend money on a movie that I'm not sure about. If YOU liked it, then it must be a least passable!

Oh, and I want to be Ashley Judd when I grow up.
#6 Old 06-11-2005, 12:00 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownieB26 View Post

I want to see that movie, if only to see what all the hub-ub is about.

Can we please get the grammar police in here to verify the correct spelling of hub-ub?
#7 Old 06-11-2005, 09:53 AM
Banned

Peter and I are going to see it today (I went with a friend last night).

It has a true Lies feel to it, only more jokes.
#8 Old 06-11-2005, 10:56 PM
Veggie Regular

I went to see it tonight and it was quite enjoyable.
#9 Old 06-11-2005, 11:25 PM
Banned

I dragged my bf to see it tonight and he ended up loving it. Something about the way Brad Pitt seemed to just...bumble his way through the movie. It's hard to tell if he's acting or if he's just a 6 foot goof in a good suit
#10 Old 06-12-2005, 04:50 AM

I'll have to rent it on DVD.
#11 Old 06-12-2005, 12:10 PM
Veggie Regular

I liked it way more than I thought I would! I laughed throughout the whole thing, and the fight scenes were pretty cool! I'll definitely buy it when it comes out on DVD.
#12 Old 06-12-2005, 02:18 PM
Banned

Cheesy and stupid summer fun. Better than Sith but worse than Touch of Evil. Gets tedious each moment it tries to take its self seriously. But thankfully it gets back on track quickly.
#13 Old 06-13-2005, 07:59 PM
Veggie Regular

Way fun. I was actually shocked to read the negative reviews I saw afterward. Sure, Act 3 has its problems, but the film does a great job of averting your attention until that last, preposterous shoot-out. Liman rocks, and those that put up with his nutty style of directing deserve props for sticking with it.
#14 Old 06-13-2005, 08:00 PM
Banned

The Joe Strummer song was the best part.
#15 Old 06-14-2005, 06:55 PM
Veggie Regular

i just remembered this and i was wondering if there was a reason in the movie that the brad pitt character asked, because i didn't notice anything:

"are you a vegan?"

"no, but my girlfriend is."
#16 Old 06-14-2005, 07:20 PM
Banned

I remember that!

Didn't she have food on her desk?
#17 Old 06-14-2005, 07:24 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynaffit View Post

i just remembered this and i was wondering if there was a reason in the movie that the brad pitt character asked, because i didn't notice anything:

"are you a vegan?"

"no, but my girlfriend is."

Yeah, my wife and I looked at each other. Thrilled that it was mentioned in a big movie like this, but having no idea why. I wishfully decided it was just to make the girl kinda bleeding-edge hip or something. You know, being young, with the tech skills, piercings, lesbianism, veganism, etc.
#18 Old 06-15-2005, 10:30 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshTart View Post

Everytime I watch Angeline Jolie, I think, "When I grow up, I want to be like her. Minus all the weirdness."

But would she really be her if you took away all the weirdness? And if she wasn't really the same person would you still want to be like her?

I am the user formerly known as MrsKey
#19 Old 06-15-2005, 11:10 AM
Banned

But I want to grow up and be a non-weird version I'm not into tattoos and blood. Both give me the willies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page