Harry Potter - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 06-01-2003, 09:29 PM

Hi, I'm a huge HP fan and I just wanted to see if anyone here shared my passion? Feel free to share views on Order of the Phoenix, fanfiction, or any of the movies, whatever.

Just a little about me: I'm nervous about OotP because I don't actually want to know what happens. I am content in my three year imagination period where I (and countless other fanfiction writers and readers) declare what happens. When OotP comes out, it's just one more step towards Book 7 and THE END! NO!

So I'm getting ahead of myself. Post! I know I'm not alone...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-02-2003, 12:04 AM
Veggie Regular

Not only am I a huge HP fan...I'm a fanfic author, fanfic reader, and unabashed slash fangirl.

Yes, I ship HP/DM.

Do you go to Fiction Alley?

I think there's another thread on this already, but it's buried somewhere and I don't feel like digging it up. Bleh.

We see the world as "we" are, not as "it" is; because it is the "I" behind the "eye" that does the seeing.
#3 Old 06-02-2003, 08:38 PM
Meo
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by ceryna

Yes, I ship HP/DM.

Whoa... so do I! *proudly waves a Guns & Handcuffs banner* Oh, and the other HP topic is at https://www.veggieboards.com/boards/s...?threadid=4173 .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 06-03-2003, 07:06 PM

YAY for D/H! I'm at fanfiction alley but honestly it's a very confusing website for me because there's so much. I can never figure it out. Am I correct in thinking that by going to the Guns n Handcuffs post I can see the D/H stories that are up? But if that's the case, there don't seem to be that many considering how much slash is out there. I dunno.

If you guys are interested in other H/D sites here are a few I know of if you don't already:

The PSA

http://www.psa.shadow-wrapped.net/

Pure Magnetism

http://www.sarcastic-muse.com/puremagnetism/

The Restricted Section.org

http://www.restrictedsection.org/splash.html
#5 Old 06-03-2003, 07:26 PM
Veggie Regular

Aaah! Thank you for the D/H links, Valerie!

I usually use the "Point Me!" function on FA to find the fics I want. It takes you to a forum where you can cruise listings for good fics.

I recommend "Irresistable Poison" by Rhysenn, which is easily my favorite HP/DM fic of all time. My other favorite HP/DM author is Chiya. Everything she writes is awesome. ^___^

Speaking of fics...it's about time I check FA for chapter updates. Chocolate Tofutti and HP/DM...I'm in heaven!

We see the world as "we" are, not as "it" is; because it is the "I" behind the "eye" that does the seeing.
#6 Old 06-03-2003, 08:16 PM
Veggie Regular

I wouldn't say I'm a die-hard fan by anymeans, but i'm starting to get into it.. i've seen both the movies out so far, i just recently read the first book .. hoping to read the 2nd one sometime too if i get the time for it. Seems like after the 2nd one the books get helluh thick! But then, I've read Jordan's Eye of the World and MZB's Mists of Avalon, so the longer HP books shouldn't be much trouble
#7 Old 06-03-2003, 08:52 PM

ceryna, I think you mentioned that you write fanfic. What are your stories I'd love to read them! I've read "Irresistable Poison" and I loved it. I just read AN AMAZING! fic the other day that left me breathless. It was called "Ruses" by Empress of the Eclipse. Here's the link if you're interested.. it was so realistic that I felt everything going on and it left me amazed. It's a little dark, though. Not usually my style but still worth reading!

http://www.sarcastic-muse.com/purema...se/ruses00.htm
#8 Old 06-03-2003, 09:04 PM
Veggie Regular

I've read that one. ^_^

It is a bit dark...and I'm more than a little susceptible to fluff. ^^;;

As for my own fanfics, I haven't posted any of my HP stuff yet...although I'm working on a HP/DM fic.

I'll let you know when it's ready to be seen. ^^

#9 Old 06-10-2003, 01:19 AM
Veggie Regular

I'm really excited for the new book. My local bookstore is opening at midnight for a Harry Potter party. I'm definitely going to go.

I look forward to discussing the book here.
#10 Old 06-15-2003, 04:50 PM

hey don't say any thing bout what's going to happen i am incredebly excited bout this book and it's getting released in New Zealand in 6 days

yea i love harry potter
#11 Old 06-17-2003, 02:08 PM
Veggie Regular

Yeah!

I'm happy about the book coming out. I don't like the movies though.
#12 Old 06-17-2003, 02:57 PM
Veggie Regular

I heard a rumor that cute ickle Danny-kins (Daniel Radcliffe) wants to go back to school after the third movie.

Which means that there will be a new actor for Harry Potter in the rest of the movies. (If they keep making them, which I assume they will, given how popular they are.)

That makes me sad.

Not that I don't understand his desire to go back to school, but Daniel Radcliffe IS Harry Potter.

#13 Old 06-17-2003, 04:59 PM
Meo
Veggie Regular

Yeah... although I don't liked the movies even a tiny fraction as much as the books, I'd rather the actors they have now stayed.

Fifth book is out on June 21st! You wouldn't believe how many times I've watched the movies, read the books over, and read fanfics (started Irresistable Poison) since I got back from Dorian Sunday! I'm... let's say... incredibly entralled.
#14 Old 06-17-2003, 05:01 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm going to be at the Harry Potter Party at Borders on Friday night at Midnight, picking up my pre-ordered copy of OotP! ^_____^

#15 Old 06-17-2003, 09:32 PM
Meo
Veggie Regular

Ah! I just finished Irresistable Poison. I almost started crying at the end... after throughout certain parts I told them aloud to "just snog already". That's the best H/D fic I've ever read... and I've read quite a few (most of them Piri's).
#16 Old 06-17-2003, 09:36 PM
Veggie Regular

I like Rhysenn, Plumeria, and Chiya.

Eeeee! Irresistable Poison is SO good. ^____^

#17 Old 06-18-2003, 03:26 AM

I too, adore HP. I can't wait for the new book.
#18 Old 06-18-2003, 02:17 PM

Daniel has said recently that that was just a rumour and he's 90% sure that he'll be doing the fourth movie. There was also this:

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.j...toryID=2944479

which states that there's going to be a fifth movie. Whether or not a fifth movie is in the works I don't know but I'm rather sure all three actors will stay on for at least the 4th movie, worry not!
#19 Old 06-18-2003, 03:06 PM
Veggie Regular

Oh, thank you Valerie! *squees*

#20 Old 06-18-2003, 04:57 PM

never believe what you hear on the internet most of the time it's rubbish
#21 Old 06-19-2003, 03:17 AM
Veggie Regular

Don't forget that the actor that played dumbledore has died in real life. He will be very hard to replace.
#22 Old 06-19-2003, 01:49 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
In a state of unprecedented excitement, the bookselling trade is anticipating a historic moment -- 12:01 a.m. June 21, to be precise. That's when J. K. Rowling's ''Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix'' -- with a record-setting 8.5 million-copy first printing and more than 730,000 books sold in advance -- hits bookstore shelves worldwide.

Stores across America will stay open until 2 or 3 a.m. Saturday, using every gimmick imaginable to attract children, their parents, and their cash: parades, parties, Potter characters on motorcycles. Virtually all Boston-area bookstores are joining in the festivities.

Already, the 896-page book is a gigantic best-seller. Small independent bookstores, large chains, and Internet giant Amazon.com have reported brisk sales since a publication date was set in the winter.

''No one has ever seen anything like this before,'' says Cissy Greenbaum, owner of Westwinds Bookshop in Duxbury.

896 PAGES!!! YAY!!
#23 Old 06-20-2003, 09:58 PM
Veggie Regular

896 pages? holy crap!

I read in the newspaper yesterday that JK Rowling cried while writing the part where Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
a main character dies
! I'm scared to read it now.

Moderator's Note: Edited to add spoiler tags.
#24 Old 06-21-2003, 01:19 AM
Veggie Regular

Yay! I have it! I went just last hour to the store with a friend and we both waited in a line of about 100 people (Seriously! And it's a small town bookstore... not even a Borders or anything!)! Did I mention that there was probably another 100 behind us!?

It was great. The kid in front of us was dressed like Harry Potter and the local newspaper people were taking photoes of him reading the book (he couldn't even make it out of the store ).

I'm so excited to read it... I'll probably start another thread for spoilers. I'll be done in just 4 days, I BET.
#25 Old 06-21-2003, 03:36 AM
Veggie Regular

I got home with my copy at about 1AM, started reading at about 1:30, and three hours later, I'm a little over halfway finished and I can't decide whether or not to keep reading or go to bed.

Sleep? Who needs sleep when you have Harry Potter?

I do keep mentally shouting at Harry and Draco to JUST SNOG ALREADY, KTHX!

But alas, that is not to happen in the canon. *dramatic sigh*

I'll just have to make do with whatever girl J.K. Rowling has chosen for Harry.

<---remorseless slash fangirl signing out...

#26 Old 06-21-2003, 06:00 AM
Veggie Regular

Done.

Yes, I stayed up all night reading.

*goes to pass out*

#27 Old 06-21-2003, 01:19 PM
Meo
Veggie Regular

I won't get it until my birthday at the earliest. Oh glory. So I have to stay away from HP sites if I don't want spoilers. I'll die by the end of the day, I know it.
#28 Old 06-21-2003, 03:32 PM
Veggie Regular

I just need the good fanfic authors to finish reading and start writing new fanfics.

Yeah.

Since I just read a whole canon novel in which Harry and Draco do NOT start snogging madly [insert Hogwarts location here] and declaring their undying love for one another, I need some good slash.

I doubt I'm spoiling anyone when I say that my favorite slash pairing still has not become a reality. ^^ (And I know it never will. Poor me. )

#29 Old 06-21-2003, 10:19 PM
Veggie Regular

I ordered my copy online today. Turns out that a lot of stores still have them in stock so I could have gotten it today. But it's OK, i'll only have to wait 3-8 business days to get the book!
#30 Old 06-22-2003, 12:10 AM
Meo
Veggie Regular

You know what? *pauses* My parents got me the book when they were shopping today! ^^ I'm so incredibly excited. I've given my mom daily updates of how long it was til the book comes out for the past month and a half. Whee! *bounces up and down, clearly hyper* I'm already halfway through. I had to stop now to read my favorite part of IP, though. And I've already caught myself talking to my book. Is that normal?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page