Moby tour - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 04-29-2005, 02:52 PM
Veggie Regular

Just to brag...I went to the SLC Moby concert Wednesday night. It was very good, and there was a clear pro-animal rights feeling (there was a big PETA booth set up, moby wore a peta2.com tee shirt, and they played a song from the animal rights album). I'd highly recommend getting tickets for any Moby fans that live near an upcoming concert. It was really a fun concert to go to.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-29-2005, 03:38 PM
Beginner

Moby is a blundering idiot and a crashing bore. He actually said this:

Quote:
As a matter of fact, I was talking to my friend Laura, who sings on my latest record, and were both getting to the point where we want to start families, Moby said. Were convinced that if we have children, were going to do everything in our power to make them gay. Like maybe drinking a lot of extra soy milk while shes pregnant, or anything that would work to make that happen. Id just rather have a really sharp, interesting, smart gay son than some big dumb hetero meathead.

And he was serious. What a bloody stupid lefty taking it too far.
#3 Old 04-29-2005, 04:38 PM
Veggie Regular

If you don't like him, don't go to his concerts. I was recommending it to people who like his music. I know there are several Moby fans on VB.

As to the whole Moby-wants-gay-kids thing, he responded to that on his website. Here's the relevant entry:

ok, normally i don't respond to the reactionary slander that some people spew on moby.com, but the 'moby wants to turn his child gay' is just too tempting and i have to respond.

first off: i don't have any children.

secondly: if i had children i would want them to be happy, regardless of their sexual orientation.

if they were heterosexual i'd want them to be happy and straight. if they were gay i'd want them to be happy and gay.

i would want my children to be proud of who they were regardless of their orientation and how socially acceptable it might or might not be.

parents should love and support their children, case closed. how much needless hurt and pain has been created by parents and family members not accepting a child's sexual orientation? far too much.

and i don't want to get into the o.t theological debate about homosexuality. many right-wing christians base their homophobia on the 'the old testament forbids homosexuality.'

yes, in leviticus.

where it's also stated that it's ok to make slaves from neighboring countries, it's ok to kill people who make offerings to foreign deities, and that a man should be put to death for cutting the corners of his hair.

so to my erstwhile right-wing christian readers: when reading the old testament and the pentateuch it's probably a good idea to incorporate a degree of historical context in your hermeneutic exploration of o.t theology.

-moby

Honestly, people...Yes, Moby's a bad guy because he wants well adjusted children. But, then, i'm also a bloody lefty, so what do I know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 04-29-2005, 05:31 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Honestly, people...Yes, Moby's a bad guy because he wants well adjusted children. But, then, i'm also a bloody lefty, so what do I know.

He wants well adjusted children but is, according to himself, willing to try to raise a child in a certain way which should have nothing to do with him. In the same comment he also insults the whole heterosexual community, of which I believe he is a member, by calling them "meatheads". He also panders to another ludicrous stereotype that all gay men are "sharp", "interesting" and "smart". While lots of digusting right-wingers have jumped on this story, they are right that he is an idiot for saying such a thing.

Although, that's some very good backpeddling he did.
#5 Old 04-29-2005, 07:54 PM
Veggie Regular

ANYWAY... back on topic please.
#6 Old 04-30-2005, 03:20 AM
Veggie Regular

I have tickets for next Friday. Very very excited! The last time I saw him was on his Area 1 tour and I was very depressed at the time. He really helped me out! I'm glad to get a chance to see him again. Did I mention I am very excited?
#7 Old 04-30-2005, 03:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OregonAmy View Post

ANYWAY... back on topic please.

Thank you. Phew.

I've only been to ONE concert in my entire life. But I'd love to see Moby perform someday.

And he seems like he'd be such a great guy to hang out with, too.
#8 Old 05-07-2005, 04:16 AM
Veggie Regular

I got back from the concert a little while ago and it was absolutely amazing. It was my favorite concert I've ever been to, including the past Moby concert I've gone to!

I was just 20 feet away from the stage and I was several steps up, so there was absolutely no one in front of me. I had the best view! It was wonderful.
#9 Old 05-07-2005, 04:36 AM
Veggie Regular

I'd love to see Moby in concert.

#10 Old 05-07-2005, 11:07 AM
Veggie Regular

It's the absolute best feel-good time.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page