VeggieBoards banner

Shoot me

3K views 35 replies 19 participants last post by  GhostUser 
#1 ·
I found this:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...ilm_lavigne_dc

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Pop singer Avril Lavigne's hit single "Sk8er Boi" is heading to the big screen.

Paramount Pictures has optioned the song and hired "ER" writer/producer David Zabel to adapt its words into a feature film to be produced by studio-based MTV Films and Alphaville.

The song, which captures the divide between cliques and cultures, is about a teenage girl who rejects a skater boy with a crush on her because her friends didn't approve of him -- even though she secretly likes him. Years later, he becomes a famous rock star and she is left with regrets.

Because the song has become an anthem for teenagers, the film will be true to spirit of the song. Also titled "Sk8er Boi," the feature will focus on the two teens from different backgrounds and the social constraints in which they find themselves.

The project, though not a musical, will have a heavy musical component in the style of the studio's previous hits "Flashdance," "Footloose" and "Save the Last Dance."

Scott Spock, Lauren Christy and Graham Edwards -- the writing-production team collectively known as the Matrix who co-wrote with Lavigne and produced "Sk8er Boi," among other hits, on Lavigne's album "Let Go" -- will act as consultants on the screenplay. They also will create an event album with new original songs around the movie and executive produce the soundtrack.

Now, I know hollywood is going downhill, but I'm losing faith in movies and the will to live when I hear this kind of news. The sad thing is that I actually might want to go see "Sk8er Boi: The Movie" simply to see how much of a [censored] up it is.

See less See more
#8 ·
My sister was a compulsive Avrile Lavigne listener for several months this winter. My room happens to be next to hers, she happened to be careless with the volume. I think I've listened to Avril Lavigne more than the average avid fan out there, thanks to my sister. Yeah guess who's sick and tired of this wannabe punk girl with her (loud ! loud !) annoying voice. If anything, the only thing more annoying is the spelling of "skater boy" what IS that...?

And now a movie..... *sigh*

#10 ·
Showing my age (and dislike for mainstream pop/country/rock/all-of-the-above-melded-into-one-styles) I have no idea who/what Avril Lavigne is (or how to pronounce it.)

Azalea - upon seeing the title of this track (Sk8er Boi) the spelling popped out at me as a form of text-messaging as well as a form of netspeak the young like to use with their nicks and general typing, such as "aZaLeA" where every other letter is all caps. I suspect they do it more to annoy than to be perceived as "cool." Unless being annoying is now considered cool, too?

But, I do sympathize with you all. My wife loves popular rock from the '70's/80's and though a very few of her tastes agree with mine, most often my tastes are at odds with hers. I mean, how many out there listen to or like or even know of Caspar Brotzmann? I can't really begin to describe his guitar work, but you won't be hearing it on anything but public/college radio

Speaking of bad movies/plots, my take on "2Fast, 2Furious" is that it could be stopped in its tracks with a box of nails

#13 ·
Id just like to point out a certain thing in there

Quote:
Because the song has become an anthem for teenagers,
I hate generalizations that discriminate against me (Yes, i am selfish)

I am a teenager... is it an anthem.. No.. Its one of those songs like "wannabe by the spice girls" people like it, then they get incredibley sick of it. (id like to point out i dont like it, nor do i like her)

I seriously scream when he songs come on.. screams on pain. I cant stand her. People say she stands for individuality, yet why is she the cliched try-hard? She changes her looks all the time to fit in....

Ill stop now before i get carried away.

The only thing that could make it worse would be if she were to act in it.....

As for the "Punk" spelling... no.. just no... Its not punk. Its try hard.

Danny
LL

#14 ·
And yes to those of you who have not heard of her, you are lucky.

Under no circumstances are you to go looking for and download her songs. Obviously i have gone to a few sites about her, but that was to reasearch more about her, im not going to mock/diss someone that i know nothing about.

Danny

#15 ·
Yeah...hmm I realized I sounded a little harsh in my earlier statement, - just to get this clear, I dont really have anything against Avril Lavigne, I'm more uninterested in her than hateful or such..... I probably listen to music that some people would characterize as pretty uncool (nah, no names..! )...sooo...

Bah I still find her a tad pretentious....

And oh oh that spelling was meant to give her "cred" among skaters... oh that's too funny *grin*

"aZaLeA" (would you mistake me for a skater hmmm..? )

#22 ·
OOO! I read that too intel!

Shes a "vege" who eats chicken and fish...wait for it...

AND GOES HUNTING!!

Wow! Never knew they exsisted!!

Oh, and also.. Go to her website and you can watch a video of her covering (I mean killing) A greenday song...

Does anyone know if she's touring with Metallica? I read somewhere she was.. But now I cant find that...

They are already touring with Linkin and Limp...

I dont really like their new song either...

Oh, and If you thought it couldnt get much worse (metallica and avril wise)

Avril will be covering a Metallica song... Geez I cant wait for that! (PLEASE MAKE IT NOT UNFORGIVEN OR NOTHING ELSE)

All the teeny boppers will be singing it and saying how
orginal and great it is! grr...

Danny

#24 ·
Give me a break people! Lighten up. Her songs are not that bad, they just got overplayed on the radio. At least she doesn't dress like a whore.

And the movie is being made for a teen audience, so don't spout off about how stupid it is or how lame it will be. It's not meant to entertain adults, so don't go see it!

Sometimes I think people ***** just for the sake of bitching.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.