Whedon Woos "Wonder Woman" - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 03-18-2005, 08:46 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Joss Whedon has tackled ghastly aliens and dastardly vampires. So, why not work on something Wonder-ful?

The Buffy the Vampire Slayer mastermind has officially lassoed the writing and directing job on Warner Bros.' big-screen version of Wonder Woman, the studio announced Thursday.

"We are excited about working with Joss," Warner Bros. Pictures President Jeff Robinov said in a statement. "He brings great energy and creativity to the process."

Full story...

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...ovies_eo/16145

VeggieBoards Alumni Facebook Group

If you're an old time VB'er stop by and say hi!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-19-2005, 05:27 AM
Veggie Regular

link is stuffed
#3 Old 03-19-2005, 06:16 AM
Administrator

Huh?

VeggieBoards Alumni Facebook Group

If you're an old time VB'er stop by and say hi!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 03-19-2005, 07:29 PM
Veggie Regular

I just hope they don't choose SMG to play Wonder Woman. Don't get me wrong, I liked her as Buffy, but she's petite and Wonder Woman is an amazon!

I think Lucy Lawless (Xena) would make the perfect Wonder Woman. Sadly, some skinny little actress who looks nothing like an amazon will probably be chosen.

We see the world as "we" are, not as "it" is; because it is the "I" behind the "eye" that does the seeing.
#5 Old 03-19-2005, 07:35 PM

Yeah, I thought Sarah Michelle Gellar was great as Buffy (one of my favorite shows), but she would not make a good Wonder Woman.

Lucy Lawless is an excellent choice. I really can't think of anyone else right now that would be a good portrayal.
#6 Old 03-19-2005, 07:38 PM

Quote:
No word yet on who'll play Whedon's leading lady Diana, but the Internet rumor mill has been churning out names like Rosario Dawson, Jessica Biel (news), Buffy vets Charisma Carpenter (news) and Eliza Dushku (news), and even Kim Basinger (news), for an older, wiser Wonder Women.

Out of all of those, the only one I like would probably be Charisma Carpenter, as far as the look.
#7 Old 03-19-2005, 07:54 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA~goth~UK View Post

link is stuffed

Translation please

My Blog: beforewisdom.com
#8 Old 03-19-2005, 10:35 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Whedon is still trying to work out the details of his script, including the setting and how to make Wonder Woman palatable to movie-going audiences that generally don't dig female superheroes (Catwoman and Elektra, anyone?).

Catwoman and Elektra didn't bomb because the protagonist was female, but because the movies sucked like a black hole. I can just hear the studio execs now, "We had a hot chick in a skimpy leather outfit, where did we go wrong?" Hmm...maybe it was having a script that appeared to be written by a mentally deficient fourteen year old?
#9 Old 03-20-2005, 01:50 AM
Veggie Regular

Lol @ BPS..that ticks me off too...I heard this argument often after Catwoman. I mean, that movie was God-awful, like torture for the brain, yet critics dismissed it's failure as due to having a "strong" (gag me) female lead.

<<<puts away soapbox and says...

Yay for WonderWoman, but yuck to those casting choices mentioned. Yikes.

The ones I pity are the ones who never stick out their neck for something they believe, never know the taste of moral struggle, and never have the thrill of victory. - Jonathan Kozol
#10 Old 03-20-2005, 05:42 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Plastic Straw View Post

Catwoman and Elektra didn't bomb because the protagonist was female, but because the movies sucked like a black hole. I can just hear the studio execs now, "We had a hot chick in a skimpy leather outfit, where did we go wrong?" Hmm...maybe it was having a script that appeared to be written by a mentally deficient fourteen year old?

Good point. Look how well the Alien movies did with Sigourney Weaver.

If the __movie___ is good, not just something hacked together to pull teenagers in out of the heat during the summer........people will go to see it.

#11 Old 03-20-2005, 05:45 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceryna View Post

I just hope they don't choose SMG to play Wonder Woman. Don't get me wrong, I liked her as Buffy, but she's petite and Wonder Woman is an amazon!

I think Lucy Lawless (Xena) would make the perfect Wonder Woman. Sadly, some skinny little actress who looks nothing like an amazon will probably be chosen.

I never thought Lucy Lawless looked all that athletic. In fact, even though she was thin she looked very flabby on a talk show I saw her on. Jenn Rose suggested Charisma Carpenter, but I think she looks too delicate/feminine for an amazon.

They need a current day Linda Carter. They a tall woman, who is athletic, but probably stops short of being a female bodybuilder.

Maybe an actress who is also a fitness competitor.

#12 Old 03-23-2005, 12:38 AM
Veggie Regular

Silly article from the Trib, listing some other casting ideas:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entert...ck=3&cset=true

The ones I pity are the ones who never stick out their neck for something they believe, never know the taste of moral struggle, and never have the thrill of victory. - Jonathan Kozol
#13 Old 03-23-2005, 02:16 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post

huh ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by beforewisdom View Post

Translation please

*looks innocent (b'c I am)* ......its works now, it never the other day. It happens way too much when links to news sites are given especially and then later I come come back and find they work afterall despite not the first time.
#14 Old 03-23-2005, 12:17 PM
Beginner

I highly doubt that any of the actresses mentioned in that first article are going to get the role as Diana. I'm hearing (well, reading on the DC Comics message boards anyway) that Whedon seems to be considering actresses Morena Baccarin (From Firefly) and Satu Rautaharju alot right now.

I'm not sure whether I like either of them yet...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page