VeggieBoards banner

upcoming shows

4K views 58 replies 29 participants last post by  Gredge 
#1 ·
so i know some of you must like going to concerts as much as I do....

so, use this thread as a way to post about them!

What concerts are you going to in the near future?

For those you just went to, how were they?

I need to buy tickets to SO many shows.

I have a ticket for Pretty Girls Make Graves on the 23rd

I WANT a ticket for, but probably won't go to, theSTART on March 29

I need a ticket for Vendetta Red/Finch on April 14

I need tickets for the Rocket Summer April 24 and 25

I need a ticket for Rasputina May 12 (I AM SO EXCITED ABOUT THIS ONE!!!)

eee!

See less See more
#28 ·
update! 2 WEEKS TO THE RASPUTINA SHOW!!!!! eeeeeeeek.

A bunch of my friends went to see the Good Life a few days ago, and my boyfriend went to a free show of theirs in san diego in addition to that one. Apparently they were REALLY good shows.

#34 ·
I just went to U2 earlier this week..it was moderately good, but kind commercialized
. Coming up this summer is Lollapalooza (at which the Pixies are making an appearance
) and Taste of Chicago, where I hope to catch Moby and Santana (the concerts are free and hence, pretty crowded).

A couple weeks brings the Blues Festival here, which is *amazing* too!

#35 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by lijahbaby View Post

I am going to see Sonic Youth and Cat Power in a few weeks. That's all I have planned for the near future.
Oh, I'm quite jealous. That would be a grand show. Take photos.

I went to Bright Eyes featuring The Faint, last night. I was front and center- Connor inadvertantly spit on me a few times.

They played songs off of Digital Ash solely- with the exception of 'Lover I Don't Have to Love" during the encore.

The Faint put on a great show, also. I'd never seen them live before last night, and I must say that I was rather impressed. I'll see them again in the future.

#37 ·
i went to the shows i mentioned a couple days ago. the mountain goats were okay (i think i liked one of their openers better, though - experimental cello, dude. it was awesome), and the autechre show was OHMYGODFREAKINGAMAZING. as a result of seeing these shows, i'm broke for the next very long time and i have to stay in cambridge a week longer than i intended because i lost my bus ticket home (how typical of me
), but ah, what the hell, it was worth it

#38 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamJen View Post

I just went to U2 earlier this week..it was moderately good, but kind commercialized
. Coming up this summer is Lollapalooza (at which the Pixies are making an appearance
) and Taste of Chicago, where I hope to catch Moby and Santana (the concerts are free and hence, pretty crowded).

A couple weeks brings the Blues Festival here, which is *amazing* too!
Color me green beyond green with jealousy!

#41 ·
Heh..I just heard of Bright Eyes about a week ago..he/they have a show here this weekend. I looked up some of their stuff...pretty groovy.

#43 ·
Catpower is in Melbourne this week [she's here like 2 or 3 times a year] whom I'd like to see but her only solo show is at some crap venue the other side of melbourne on Tuesday night and I have to work super early wednesday morning. Yes, I'm an old maid.

Anyway doesn't she get completely enebriated at all her shows?

#44 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by stellar26 View Post

Oh, I'm quite jealous. That would be a grand show. Take photos.

I went to Bright Eyes featuring The Faint, last night. I was front and center- Connor inadvertantly spit on me a few times.

They played songs off of Digital Ash solely- with the exception of 'Lover I Don't Have to Love" during the encore.

The Faint put on a great show, also. I'd never seen them live before last night, and I must say that I was rather impressed. I'll see them again in the future.
Now I am jealous! I love Bright Eyes!! They are coming out here next weekend but the show is sold out. I may go anyway just in case Conor Oberst spots me and falls madly in love with me and decides to marry me. Hey, you never know
Anyway, the Cat Power/ Sonic Youth show was amazing. I just found out that Modest Mouse is coming here next month. I'm getting my ticket tomorrow!

#50 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayuko View Post

against me! was one of the shows i didn't get to go to last week

oh well, no more sulking for mayu. have fun!
That sucks, I might not be able to see them either! The show is sold out. I knew I procrastinated for too long. I have a friend who works at the club though, so I may just be able to get in. We'll see.

#51 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by lijahbaby View Post

Now I am jealous! I love Bright Eyes!! They are coming out here next weekend but the show is sold out. I may go anyway just in case Conor Oberst spots me and falls madly in love with me and decides to marry me. Hey, you never know
Anyway, the Cat Power/ Sonic Youth show was amazing. I just found out that Modest Mouse is coming here next month. I'm getting my ticket tomorrow!
YOU GOT TO SEE SONIC YOUTH?????
I wish I were so lucky!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.