Amazing Race - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 02-09-2005, 02:17 AM

Freddy and Kendra win TAR7

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...amazing_race_8

In the previews, CBS confirmed that Rob and Amber of Survivor fame, are amongst the competitors in the next round of TAR, scheduled to start in just 3 weeks.

The ones I pity are the ones who never stick out their neck for something they believe, never know the taste of moral struggle, and never have the thrill of victory. - Jonathan Kozol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-09-2005, 02:44 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamJen View Post

Freddy and Kendra win TAR7

Shh! Don't tell me! It starts in three weeks!

I can't believe they won TAR6. I was annoyed with Kendra after her ignorant Africa remarks. I'm also annoyed with the season in general, picking such boring couples and couples that fight too much. They also spent half of the season in Europe, and that's pretty poor planning, in my opinion.

I look forward to next season, but I'm kind of annoyed with Rob and Amber being on it. I look forward to watching them again, but what if they win? They already have a million dollars! Rob is an amazing competitor and I'll honestly be surprised if he doesn't win. All I know is that if I was on the next season, and I was in the final three, and Rob and Amber won the prize 30 seconds before I ran onto the platform, I would not play nice!
#3 Old 02-09-2005, 03:19 AM
Veggie Regular

Yeah the final is on here on Sunday night! Though I already peeked at the winners in the article hehe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 02-09-2005, 01:16 PM
Veggie Regular

I was so bummed that Freddy & Kendra won. Kendra's comments on breeding and poverty made me wanna help her rethink some things. I found it humorous that she commented Freddy is worthy of having her children (or however she phrased it).

I was rooting for Kris & Jon to get the cash. Bad, bad airline info!

Can't wait til the next one. I'm glad it's only a few weeks out!
#5 Old 02-09-2005, 02:02 PM

<<<rooting for Kris and Jon too..they were troopers until the bitter end.

Check out the new teams here:

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race7/

You can also apply to be on the show!

The ones I pity are the ones who never stick out their neck for something they believe, never know the taste of moral struggle, and never have the thrill of victory. - Jonathan Kozol
#6 Old 02-09-2005, 02:27 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

You can also apply to be on the show!

If only I knew someone I could apply with that I felt could win the race with me.
#7 Old 02-09-2005, 02:28 PM
Veggie Regular

Weird! I thought these two were going to be twins, and they're not!

I got excited about the gay couple but then I read that one of them hasn't told his parents he's gay! I guess they know now!
#8 Old 02-09-2005, 02:34 PM
Veggie Regular

Looks like they were separated at birth....but only 5 years apart. Pretty scary that they look so much alike.

I'm hoping the teams on the next AR block Rob and Amber at every turn just like the All Stars did to the million dollar winners on Survivor. Amber already has $1,000,000.00 and Rob got $100,000.00 for placing second. I'd hate to see them win but I'm looking forward to getting a peek at how they relate now that they're engaged.
#9 Old 02-09-2005, 04:09 PM
Veggie Regular

Kris & Jon were so cool! Calm under pressure, patient with each other and people they met, and genuinely excited to be in so many different cultures and scenarios. While cheerily optimistic people might make me nuts in real life, they were very fun to watch and root for.

I can't believe that guy hadn't yet told his dad he's gay! And can I just be petty about CBS needing to list Lynn & Alex as a gay couple? One look and you kinda know... just list them as a couple already.

There seem to be several cast members with little to no travelling history - should be fun to watch.
#10 Old 02-09-2005, 04:44 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by winking_turtle View Post

I was so bummed that Freddy & Kendra won. Kendra's comments on breeding and poverty made me wanna help her rethink some things. I found it humorous that she commented Freddy is worthy of having her children (or however she phrased it).

I was rooting for Kris & Jon to get the cash. Bad, bad airline info!

Can't wait til the next one. I'm glad it's only a few weeks out!

My sentiments exactly. Kris & Jon were so decent!

Kendra's comments were shameful. What a couple of greaseballs. She kept gagging trying to get her food down - such a model wimp. She couldn't even eat two pieces of Chicago pizza. Oh well. It was really the Senegal comment that tanned my hide.

OMG, winking_turtle, when Kendra said that Freddy was worthy of having her I almost keeled over. Please at least get some nicer models next time if you're going to go that route.

This is the only show on TV I watch, besides news stuff, and I never miss an episode. I'll be on the next one right away.
#11 Old 02-09-2005, 05:06 PM
Veggie Regular

And Jen -- Do you really think you could master those challanges? Man, they are hard. How about window washing that building in China and scaling down it?

Of course, the producers aren't going to let you die. There are safety precautions, but it looks sooo scaaaary.

Maybe eventually you can find a willing partner.

Personally, I'd love to see a girl team win! So many of the tasks, the guys are really better at, I hate to admit.
#12 Old 02-09-2005, 06:20 PM
Veggie Regular

I'd like to see a female team win as well.

I was thinking that if Lena & Kristy hadn't been stopped by that stupid unrolling the hay bales roadblock, they could have gone far. They looked like a solid team. I'm not really a fan of challenges that are based on luck - I really think they should have some degree of a person's skill involved. (Said the armchair quarterback...)
#13 Old 02-10-2005, 02:57 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyCat View Post

I'd hate to see them win but I'm looking forward to getting a peek at how they relate now that they're engaged.

Yes! I agree completely. I don't want them to win at all, but I would love if they were in the season until the end. Then came in 3rd.
#14 Old 02-10-2005, 02:58 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by winking_turtle View Post

And can I just be petty about CBS needing to list Lynn & Alex as a gay couple? One look and you kinda know... just list them as a couple already.

I'm glad you pointed that out. I didn't even notice that the qualifier is unnecessary. They do have them listed on the side as "boyfriends" which I thought was good.

I would love to see a female team win for once too. On looks alone, Heidi and Megan look like they could be strong competition, but so does most of the other teams.

I'm happy to see a mother/son team finally! That site says it's the first one. About time! I just read that the son is gay. That's cool.

Quote:
Ray & Deana are a dating team from Canfield, Ohio and Youngstown, Ohio respectively. Ray is a stockbroker and Deana is a marketing and promotions executive. Their primary motivation for participating in this Race is to put their on-again/off-again relationship to the test and see how they fare.

Ray, who is 17 years older than Deana, has worked as a stockbroker for 18 years. A former college and semi-professional football player, Ray describes himself as cocky and admits that hes never wrong about anything. He enjoys weightlifting, singing and karate.

Deana is admittedly just as determined and competitive as her teammate. She grew up camping in the backwoods of Ohio and has never traveled outside the United States. Deanas favorite hobbies include lifting weights, karate, hunting and fishing.

Both admit they are looking for some answers to what the future holds for their relationship and are hoping the Race will provide some.

I think I've found the team that we'll all love to hate!
#15 Old 02-10-2005, 03:12 AM
Veggie Regular

I bet that Ryan and Chuck are first off this season. Any takers?
#16 Old 02-10-2005, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cymbeline View Post

And Jen -- Do you really think you could master those challanges? Man, they are hard. How about window washing that building in China and scaling down it?

Of course, the producers aren't going to let you die. There are safety precautions, but it looks sooo scaaaary.

Well, I don't know if I could "master" them..but I'd try. Many of them look like fun. Skydiving, rolling down a hill inside a big ball, surfing down a sand dune in Egypt..heck yeah, sign me up!

And I think that "guys are better" at some yes, but there are many at which the women-folk excel too. (the thing with the keys/locks in China comes readily to mind)

As for a female team winning, well you'll all just have to wait until season 8 when my sister and I take home the prize.

#17 Old 02-10-2005, 01:49 PM
Veggie Regular

the key in th elock thing was really funny. i watched the show with my friend who is psychic. when they showed all of the locks, she would go--no! yours is over there! and move over to that one! it's the big one near the post! LOL

she was right too. so, i think i'll partner with her if i were to apply to do a reality show, which i wouldn't.
#18 Old 02-10-2005, 02:36 PM
Veggie Regular

Maybe you could loan your psychic friend out to Mikie? Between his braun and her psychic abilities, they'd be a shoe in!!
#19 Old 02-10-2005, 02:48 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

And I think that "guys are better" at some yes, but there are many at which the women-folk excel too. (the thing with the keys/locks in China comes readily to mind)

You can't use that example! No guys had to do that challenge!

Quote:

As for a female team winning, well you'll all just have to wait until season 8 when my sister and I take home the prize.

I would be so excited and so jealous if you went on that show!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyCat View Post

Maybe you could loan your psychic friend out to Mikie? Between his braun and her psychic abilities, they'd be a shoe in!!

I have brawn! Who would have known?
#20 Old 02-10-2005, 04:36 PM
Veggie Regular

Yeah, the key/lock roadblock was pretty brutal for Hayden & Rebecca. They were out there for hours! It's like the hay one they had to do in Sweden - required only luck and patience.

I didn't care much for Hayden & Aaron, but I felt bad for her during that one. Something about seeing one's last nerve fraying just makes me cringe.
#21 Old 02-10-2005, 11:32 PM
Veggie Regular

For all you AR fans, Jon and Victoria will be on Dr. Phil's Primetime Special on Tuesday, Feb.15. I can't wait to see it!!
#22 Old 02-11-2005, 01:26 AM
Veggie Regular

I know! I can't wait to see it either. I hope I don't miss it!

Jonathon is going to get chewed out by Dr Phil. I'm not sure what he was thinking when he agreed to this nationally televised TV show!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page