Eating You Alive - Documentary - Now on sale - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 06-04-2018, 05:43 PM
Veggie Regular

Eating You Alive - Documentary - Now on sale

For those of you interested, you can now buy the vegan documentary Eating You Alive. Blu-Ray is $25. DVD is $20. Digital Download is $10.

This movie only had a very limited engagement. One night and just 500 theatres. It was playing near me and I saw it.

Quick Review: Still worth seeing but not as good as What the Health. It just isn't as interesting as What the Health. but perhaps if you saw this first your opinion would be reversed. It plows a lot of the same ground as WTH. Even has the same Doctors saying more or less the same things.

On the plus side, there are a few notable celebrities who make appearances in this movie, which is cool. it spends some time on other issues like the environment and animal rights. Although those things are pretty well covered in Kip Anderson's other movie, Cowspiracy.

Cowspiracy and What the Health are both available at the public library and on Netflix. So if you haven't seen them yet, I would put them on the top of the list. This movie might not even make it to third place. it's not like there are a million vegan or WFPB movies. I'm sure that most of us will learn something new from Eating You Alive. It also just might be a better movie for the general public than FOK or WTH.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-04-2018, 10:13 PM
A softball catcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. H. View Post
For those of you interested, you can now buy the vegan documentary Eating You Alive. Blu-Ray is $25. DVD is $20. Digital Download is $10.

This movie only had a very limited engagement. One night and just 500 theatres. It was playing near me and I saw it.

Quick Review: Still worth seeing but not as good as What the Health. It just isn't as interesting as What the Health. but perhaps if you saw this first your opinion would be reversed. It plows a lot of the same ground as WTH. Even has the same Doctors saying more or less the same things.

On the plus side, there are a few notable celebrities who make appearances in this movie, which is cool. it spends some time on other issues like the environment and animal rights. Although those things are pretty well covered in Kip Anderson's other movie, Cowspiracy.

Cowspiracy and What the Health are both available at the public library and on Netflix. So if you haven't seen them yet, I would put them on the top of the list. This movie might not even make it to third place. it's not like there are a million vegan or WFPB movies. I'm sure that most of us will learn something new from Eating You Alive. It also just might be a better movie for the general public than FOK or WTH.
I'll have to check this out. I just saw Cowspiracy and Earthlings at a sleepover with some friends. I thought Cowspiracy was pretty good. Earthlings really affected me. I couldn't watch the whole thing...and I like horror movies. I think the realism really got to me. It's really made me rethink eating cheese, meat and eggs.
#3 Old 06-05-2018, 03:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rylielovessoftball View Post
I'll have to check this out. I just saw Cowspiracy and Earthlings at a sleepover with some friends. I thought Cowspiracy was pretty good. Earthlings really affected me. I couldn't watch the whole thing...and I like horror movies. I think the realism really got to me. It's really made me rethink eating cheese, meat and eggs.
Yes, Earthlings need only be watched ONCE. More than once is masochism. As I'm a confirmed vegan I don't torture myself with these types of films anymore. I don't enjoy weeping, and prolonged scenes of animal pain/suffering usually make that inevitable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 06-05-2018, 04:23 AM
Veggie Regular

I've tried watching Earthlngs twice. Never got past the half way point. As a vegan, I thought I should watch it. but now I think as a vegan its not necessary for me to finish it.
#5 Old 06-05-2018, 04:31 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rylielovessoftball View Post
Since you liked Cowspiracy, I would put What The Health above Eating You Alive. WTH is another Kip Anderson film. And available at the public library and Netflix. Eating you Alive you will have to download for $10 for now. Eating You Alive covers the same ground as Cowspiracy and WTH.

The main attraction of Eating You Alive is it would be a good intro movie for non-vegans. Which I suppose is what its intention was in the first place.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page