Veggieboards roleplaying thread. [Fantasy] - Page 14 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#391 Old 05-25-2005, 03:21 PM
Veggie Regular

"Silenced? That don't sound good." Trigg said, shaking his head. "Right then, come on, let's go kill that witch! We'll show her you don't mess with our Cindra!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#392 Old 05-25-2005, 04:08 PM
Veggie Regular

Straightening both his back and his robes, Morien grasped his staff firmly and fixed his gaze on the water sprite. Noticing the water-sprite's indifference to his gaze, he turned his eyes to meet Cindra's. In a flash which seemed to last unbearably long, however brief it might have been, he felt Cindra's anguish as if it were his own.
#393 Old 05-25-2005, 10:40 PM
cyk
Veggie Regular

Minny took hold of Cindras arm and shook it and gave her a nudging with his head.

Stop that Minny! Let her have room to breath. She will speak on her own accord! Philos shouted abruptly as he jerked towards and grabbed his companion.

Philos then stood and listened closely with his head tilted to one side for anything that may come out of Cindras mouth.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#394 Old 05-27-2005, 04:58 PM
Banned

Jovan frowned at Trigg. "Get ahold of yourself."
#395 Old 05-27-2005, 07:19 PM
Veggie Regular

Trigg rolled his eyes and snorted.

Stupid, pansy elf!

"Well what should we do then, eh? Prance around and style our hair? Cindra's been bewitched, she has! What are we supposed to do now?" He grabbed his axe and ran his thumb down the edge. "I may be water logged, but my blade's still sharp! What else can we do? I still says we should kill her!"
#396 Old 05-27-2005, 09:15 PM
cyk
Veggie Regular

Sniff, Sniff... Crack, Crunch

"Ahhhhhh!!!!" Philos yelled hobbling away into the dense forest waving his arm wildly, trying to shake Minny from the vice of his small, but sharp teeth - clamped snug into the flesh of Philoss finger. You weasel!

Meek Meek! Minny said with his nose held high.

Soo what? I am also hungry, but do I go sniffing around and biting into anything that looks to like food?! I repeat, just because my finger looks like a prune does not mean it will taste like one!

Philos walked slowly out of the forest with his hands behind his back to where the group stood while trying to hide the trickling of blood that fell one by one down his finger.

Kill her? I agree! Philos pause. If Cindra does not wake from this spell, I say we get revenge! I shall put her into a deep sleep! Only, my sleep shall be two times as powerful! Meaning She will no longer be alive! Philos paused again briefly and muttered, I suppose.

Philos reached into his pockets to grab his weapon of choice. With both hands he grabbed two clumps of sticky wet mud. His face grew ruddy with frustration as he made his hands into tightly clenched fists, and squished the mud through his fingers.

So be it. If I can not use the magical properties of the sand to put her to sleep The magical sand that I have heard countless stories and legends of - when the townsmen sang praise to their children before night came, I will have to use a different strategy.
#397 Old 05-30-2005, 07:31 PM
Banned

Jovan stood firm. "We are not killing anyone until Cindra tells us what happened. Bring her back to the horses, I have paper. She can write what's wrong." He looked at Cindra, "You can write?"
#398 Old 06-02-2005, 01:02 PM
Veggie Regular

Cindra looked up at Jovan sadly. She could not write in any way that he would understand, because her people had abandoned writing in the way of the land dwellers long ago. Certain symbols were used for marking things, but in a society of telepaths, the majority of communication was mental. Even the histories and repositories of sacred information were held within specially selected historians, chosen for their ability to train their memories for perfect retention.

She turned to look pleadingly at the water sprite. Of all of them, only she could receive and understand Cindra's telepathic messages.

"Settle down, all of you. I will speak in her place."

Cindra felt a wave of relief, followed by a sharp tang of fear. Would her comrades believe Hyalin's words, having no way to ensure that they were truly Cindra's thoughts? And for that matter, would the water sprite accurately relay them?

I will have to use my body language. If she relays my thoughts accurately, I will nod. If she does not, I will shake my head...but will they accept that?

We see the world as "we" are, not as "it" is; because it is the "I" behind the "eye" that does the seeing.
#399 Old 06-02-2005, 03:47 PM
Veggie Regular

"Settle down, all of you. I will speak in her place."

Trigg looked from the sprite to Cindra and back again. They were communicating, but he wasn't sure how.

Magic folk. Ain't nothing more confusing than magic folk.

"Alright missy, what's the deal? What did that witch mistress of yours do to her?"

He kept a firm grip on the handle of his axe, ready to strike if anything seemed out of sorts. He glanced over at Philos and wondered why he was holding two handfuls of mud.
#400 Old 06-02-2005, 11:08 PM
cyk
Veggie Regular

"Please, sprite, do tell us what has become of her. Why has she become dumb? Philos opened and motioned his arms towards Cindra in a pleading gesture. Look! She can not speak to us! Tell us what, if anything, harms her!
#401 Old 06-03-2005, 12:52 AM
Banned

"The sprite would tell us if everyone would shut up and let 'em get a word in." Jovan swatted at Trigg's hand, "Take your hand off the axe. We're not doing any killing here."
#402 Old 06-08-2005, 09:43 PM
cyk
Veggie Regular

From 20 paces away from where the group stood, Tigris kept a watchful eye on the commotion that was going on, while the other eye was shut getting much needed rest. She then slowly rose from where she was lying and stretched her front legs out in front of her, digging her claws into the moist ground. Her claws struggled to catch hold of the damp earth, and she repeatedly attempted to grab hold of something solid in the ground to stretch the one last muscle that had not been stretched. She slowly trotted her way lifting her legs and head higher than usual as she walked to where the group stood, intent on listening to the Sprite for something of seemingly importance, and weaved across, through and between all of the legs that were there for her to rub on. Triggs legs would have been a challenge for Tigris to weave through, as nimble as she may be; it was not worth her trying, instead, she settled on rubbing on his belly with the back of her head shifting his balance, and almost knocking him to the ground.

Tigris stopped and sat in front of Philos, with her eyes gazed upon him almost as if expecting something all the while slowly licking her lips. Philos, as well as the rest of the group, were intent on looking and listening to the Sprite, paying no mind to her.

Her lips curled on one side, then her tongue stuck out of her now open mouth.

Hack hack cough Errahh!

A splurge of green matter covered with grass - in the shape of a rock - shot out of Tigris's mouth and lay on the ground in front of Philoss boots, which were already half sunken into the mud from the time he began waiting for an answer from the Sprite until now.

The small matter tore in half, and a cricket appeared wet, and disoriented. It jumped one direction, then another direction, and then finally jumped into the grass and onto a rock.

It turned around to face its enemy, and gave five rubs of its wings.

Tigris lay where she sat, with her head resting on her paws.
#403 Old 06-12-2005, 08:34 PM
cyk
Veggie Regular

Minny sneaked behind the rock, taking each step with the top parts of his four paws, and jumped through the air swiftly and silently, coming to a soft landing behind the cricket. As soon as the cricket realized what menacing presence was standing behind it, it jumped five feet straight in the air, startled and shocked. Minny snatched it in mid leap with the quickness of a leopard. Minny grabbed tightly around the body of the cricket with his paws that did not fit around the crickets body.

HeeHeeMeekLookie! I gotchu, gotchue!. Heehee! Minny squealed as he waved the cricket at the companions who were not looking at his direction. At the bottom of the wave, the crickets eyes bulged out of its sockets from the hard pressure Minny unknowingly put around the squirming, flopping body of the cricket. At the top of the wave, the cricket slipped out from Minnys stubby paw, and onto a leaf dangling from a flimsy rope-like branch above. The cricket then gave ten rubs of its wings even louder than the ones before - to its new enemy. Minny ran into is pouch on Philoss breastplate, and curled up slept.
#404 Old 06-13-2005, 04:13 PM
Banned

Jovan glared at Minny. It was hard to concentrate on Cindra being a mute with all the cricket chasing.
#405 Old 06-13-2005, 04:48 PM
Veggie Regular

Putting his staff to the ground, Morien muttered a spell. The sound of the crickets, which had been really rather annoying, ceased.

Morien sighed, "Some real silence, at last."

Suddenly, the sound of the crickets returned with doubled intensity.
#406 Old 06-13-2005, 05:48 PM
Banned

Jovan glared at Morien and motioned at his staff, making a snapping gesture.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page