VB RP Discussion thread. [ooc discussion for players only] [Back from Hiatus!] - Page 21 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#601 Old 06-02-2005, 10:10 AM
Tom
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverC View Post

Hi Tom! I was very happy to see your post. I've always wondered if anyone besides us were reading the thread, and if anyone else enjoyed it.

You can still jump into this one, if you like. PM me or Ceryna, and we can write you in. Don't worry, we've slowed down a lot since the beginning of the story. We were posting 5 times a day at one point! Now we're lucky if we get 5 posts a month!

And if you don't want to write in this one, there's always the next one, depending on how many people would be interested in doing another one. And we could do a sci-fi one, if you'd prefer that to fantasy.

It wasn't the initial pace so much that made me feel out of my league... it's the quality of the writing. You all have vivid imaginations. I've been thinking about getting in on something like this and I think I might do OK at it, but I'd need practice in creative writing first.

How much longer do you think this story will last? Of course, after it ends, there could always be other adventures for Cindra, Jovan, Morien, Sevy (if she survives- I HOPE she does- I really like her character: she's tough only because she knows she has to be), Cass...

Peasant (1963-1972) and Fluffy (1970s?-1982- I think of you as 'Ambrose' now)- Your spirits outshone some humans I have known. Be happy forever.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#602 Old 06-02-2005, 12:43 PM
Veggie Regular

Tom, if you want to join this one, you are more than welcome. We'll work you in.

If you want to wait 'til the next one, doing sci fi is a definite possibility.

As for when it will end, we're winding down to it. I have it all plotted out, mostly, but I don't want to give it all away.

We see the world as "we" are, not as "it" is; because it is the "I" behind the "eye" that does the seeing.
#603 Old 06-02-2005, 03:41 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post

Sevy (if she survives- I HOPE she does- I really like her character: she's tough only because she knows she has to be)

Aww thanks! That made my day!

I'm currently writing a novel about Sevy, and I'm almost done the first draft. It details her growing up in Eloria, joining Jarro's gang, his death and her quest for revenge. Of course, there is a different bad guy, since the Master is Ceryna's property. It's sort of alternate universe to the events taking place in the RPG thread. I just liked her so much, I had to keep writing about her.

Will she survive? I'm not telling!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#604 Old 06-02-2005, 04:52 PM
Banned

The story also tells of her night of passion with Jovan.
#605 Old 06-02-2005, 05:01 PM
Veggie Regular

He wishes!
#606 Old 06-13-2005, 04:14 PM
Banned

*crickets*

Jovan is 7 days away from pulling his sword out and beheading Cindra in a possessed fit.

FYI.
#607 Old 06-13-2005, 11:56 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshTart View Post

*crickets*

Jovan is 7 days away from pulling his sword out and beheading Cindra in a possessed fit.

FYI.

I appreciate the fact that you're impatient for me to post, but I am doing the best I can. If you'd like me to step down as GM and let SilverC take over, I'm sure that can be arranged.

Killing another person's character without his/her consent (regardless of the circumstances) is not allowed in this type of game.

FYI.

ETA: Stressing about losing my job isn't exactly conducive to creativity, and if I don't pass the assessment on Wednesday, that's exactly what will happen. (Termination.)

We see the world as "we" are, not as "it" is; because it is the "I" behind the "eye" that does the seeing.
#608 Old 06-14-2005, 10:12 AM
Banned

Just seeing if you're still listening.

I'm sorry that you are stressful about losing your job. I'm also waiting to hear if I'm going on strike or getting lockouted totally. I do understand the pressure of that.

However, we still all made committments to complete this story and it's dragging on. It is frustrating that the story hinges on your characters and we are in a place where we cannot continue without your input. It is your role as GM to help us do that.

If you need to take a break from it and ask Silver to take over for a couple of weeks, I support that. I want to finish the story. It's been dragging for months now. The story has become a chore, and that's a bad thing.
#609 Old 06-14-2005, 12:37 PM
Veggie Regular

I understand how you feel, and I'm sorry that you are frustrated. I'm frustrated, too, because I know what needs to be done but forcing it out is hard. Part of it has to do with feeling like I'm constantly overloaded with this new information that I have to absorb, comprehend, retain, and be able to regurgitate at will or risk losing my job.

(The training program is very strict. I suspect they use it to weed people out, because there are tough evaluations that you have to pass to continue your employment.)

Part of it is that I haven't really felt creative at all lately, and I don't really know why.

I check VB every day, even if I don't post much, and I always check/read these threads when anything new appears. In the future, if you want to make sure that I'm paying attention, perhaps you can send me a PM, rather than issuing ultimatums.

#610 Old 06-14-2005, 12:45 PM
Banned

Then should we just stop this? Let's be honest, it's been going on way too long without any posts. We cannot MOVE right now. I don't know what's going on, so I can't move us along.

In D&D, we'd just continue without the first GM by electing a new one and just continue wherever the new Gm wants to go. As this story is different (you aren't rolling a die to see if we go left or right; you already have the story planned), we can't continue without you, unless we completely changed the story (and then we might as well just start a new thread w/ a new story and just let this die into the abyss -- something that I don't want to happen).
#611 Old 06-14-2005, 12:48 PM
Veggie Regular

SilverC knows everything that I had planned. If she is willing to take over for awhile, perhaps permanently (depending on whether I feel capable of contributing regularly again before it is over) then that may be the best course of action.

#612 Old 06-14-2005, 12:52 PM
Banned

That's fair, if she's willing to continue for a time.

Maybe if you have a break from feeling you have to contribute, you may want to come back.
#613 Old 06-14-2005, 02:38 PM
Veggie Regular

First, let me just say that I wish you all the best in your new job, Ceryna. I know how stressed you've been about it, but try not to worry, you'll do fine.

Now, about me becoming GM, that's not something I feel comfortable doing for two reasons. First, I've got a lot of crap happening in my life right now, and while popping out a post every couple of days is not a problem, managing the entire story is. I just don't have the time or energy.

Second, this story and it's plot are Ceryna's brain child. Yes I know everything that Ceryna has planned, but I wouldn't feel comfortable stepping in to replace her. The Master, Sabakuno and Cindra are her creations, and I feel that no one else should write for them.

So we have two options, as I see it. One: we wait until Ceryna has the time and energy to finish the story (I am perfectly okay with this). Two: we just let it die and start a new one (I'd be a bit disappointed, but still, okay with that).

Perhaps we should have a vote?
#614 Old 06-15-2005, 01:15 AM
cyk
Veggie Regular

Good luck with your job cernya!

I would like to see this story come to an end too!

I don't mind the slow pace at all. I think I would be kinda sad if ceryna can't play anymore (or anybody else for that matter - because theres only like 4 people playing)!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page