VB RP Discussion thread. [ooc discussion for players only] [Back from Hiatus!] - Page 2 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#31 Old 09-10-2004, 01:22 PM
Veggie Regular

Ok. I'll play. But I've never done this sort of thing before. But I'm definitely gonna be some sort of Amazonian chickie. bbl.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 09-10-2004, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharityAJO View Post

Oh my world. I've not done this since I was a far smaller child.

I was thinking this too. My pre-pubescent days with filled with the likes of DnD and Bard's Tale.

The ones I pity are the ones who never stick out their neck for something they believe, never know the taste of moral struggle, and never have the thrill of victory. - Jonathan Kozol
#33 Old 09-10-2004, 01:27 PM
Veggie Regular

I've got a great first few paragraphs ready to go, so as soon as we get some more character profiles, I'll start it up!

Also, any ideas for a title?

We see the world as "we" are, not as "it" is; because it is the "I" behind the "eye" that does the seeing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#34 Old 09-10-2004, 01:59 PM

I'm still thinking of a character

I think I'll just borrow one of the misc sidebar characters from my book and use them
#35 Old 09-10-2004, 02:37 PM
Veggie Regular

Okay, I have officially finished the first post! I'm ready! I'm ready!

Oops, channeling Spongebob. XD

Anyway, I'm all set, and I'm super excited, as you can all see.

We see the world as "we" are, not as "it" is; because it is the "I" behind the "eye" that does the seeing.
#36 Old 09-10-2004, 02:47 PM

<---wants more time
#37 Old 09-10-2004, 02:59 PM
Veggie Regular

Sure, take as much time as you need, I'm just excited and...bouncy. Yeah. ^^;;

#38 Old 09-10-2004, 03:10 PM
Veggie Regular

*thought bubble* Gah, can't come up with a good character. *mutters to self*
#39 Old 09-11-2004, 01:52 PM
Veggie Regular

Name: Morien Warlow

Species: Human*

Physical Characteristics:

Skills/Abilities: Morien is an all-theory-no-reality wizard. His ad-hoc spells, while really rather workable in theory, tend to either fail or have many non-intended effects. When taking the time to cast, he can conjure up impressive effects. Unfortunately, he rarely does this. Considering his age, he has a remarkable knowledge of lore and myths.

He is definitely not a physically-oriented person. When involved in brawls or fights he tends to disdainfully exclaim that he is a scholar, a wizard, and not some kind of uncivilized brute.

Backstory: Morien is really at a loss as to his heritage. In his youth, both his parents remained exceedingly silent about their common past. When his father did not return from the war ten years ago, his mother sent him away to a school where he could realize his full magical potential. He has heard nothing from her since (except the rumour that she went to dwell in the wild forests in the east). Ever since he graduated, he has wandered the world, taking on whatever work comes his way.

Motivations:

While he is fun-loving in general, Morien also has a rather unpleasant side. His thirst for knowledge is motivated by a strong desire for power. He wants to be a great wizard and he will do nearly anything to further that goal.
#40 Old 09-11-2004, 02:07 PM
Veggie Regular

ooh, sounds interesting, Finlay!

#41 Old 09-11-2004, 02:19 PM

<---is still working on it
#42 Old 09-11-2004, 02:24 PM
Veggie Regular

Cool Finlay!!

*still hopping around impatiently*
#43 Old 09-11-2004, 02:27 PM
Veggie Regular

Is it too late to join??

*reverts back to early childhood*

Cuz it sounds like this is gonna be fun!!

Me wants in!!!

"you know, nowhere in the bible does it say that jesus was not a raptor"

www.animal-adoptions.org

#44 Old 09-11-2004, 02:38 PM
Veggie Regular

Scorpius, it's not too late, just make up a character and post the info here.

I would like to have profiles from everyone who plans to participate before I make the first post, although if someone wants to join in later, we can work something out.

^_^

#45 Old 09-11-2004, 02:39 PM
Veggie Regular

Sweout

I have a character of my own (actually have a few.....) so I'll use one of them.

You'll hear from them soooon!!!!

"you know, nowhere in the bible does it say that jesus was not a raptor"

www.animal-adoptions.org

#46 Old 09-11-2004, 02:51 PM
Veggie Regular

Sounds great! I look forward to seeing what you come up with! ^_^

#47 Old 09-13-2004, 05:05 AM
Administrator

I was actually thinking of something like this the other day. Fanfics are where you take characters from a book, movie, etc. and write your own story for them right? I know they're big on some message boards. I thought it might be cool to have made-up stories involving VB members. Something along the lines of what Tame does every so often.

Follow me on Twitter - @_jorts
#48 Old 09-13-2004, 09:55 AM
Veggie Regular

Yes, that's what fanfic is, Michael. ^^

As for VB fanfic, Verbi and I used to joke about it, but while I am a fanfic writer/reader, I draw the line at "real people fic". I will only write/read about fictional characters.

Tame's stuff was great, though, and I loved that stuff that Bethanie was posting awhile back. It might be fun to write some kind of parody type thing, as long as no one objected to being mentioned. Maybe start a separate thread for it and ask people who are willing to be included to post their names? And then only use the names of people who have given permission.

Just my $0.02.

#49 Old 09-13-2004, 10:10 AM
Veggie Regular

[QUOTE=Finlay]

Skills/Abilities: Morien is an all-theory-no-reality wizard. His ad-hoc spells, while really rather workable in theory, tend to either fail or have many non-intended effects. [QUOTE]

Are you sure he isn't an engineer? My husband is an engineer and this sounds exactly like him and everyone he works with Well, maybe not "no-reality" but "minimal reality".

This sound like so much fun! I wish I had time to play but I have been getting some strong messages that I need to spend less time on the computer and more doing other things.

Have fun, and when I have time I want to come and read, if that is Ok.

Sunny
#50 Old 09-13-2004, 10:13 AM
Veggie Regular

Of course, Sunny. I hope you enjoy reading what we put together, when we get started, and if you decide later on that you want to join in, PM me, and maybe we can work you in. ^^

#51 Old 09-13-2004, 01:07 PM

ok ok I'm done

Name: Gladys

Occuption: Innkeeper

misc: 30 year old human female, below-average health, simple education. Runs an inn that services the common folk and the high quality of humans and elves. Her inn is divided into "common" and "quality" rooms.

Background: Her inn is a front for part of an underground smuggling of female sex slaves. The girls are kidnapped from slave owners and then moved to live with the elves, who protect the girls until they are able to survive on their own. The inn employes several of the girls. Rumor has spread that she maybe hording slaves and their "owners" are coming to find out if it's true.
#52 Old 09-13-2004, 03:32 PM
Veggie Regular

Sounds great, Krista. I can't wait 'til we meet up with her. ^^

#53 Old 09-13-2004, 09:21 PM

<---awaits the official thread.

I had 4 days off starting Wednesday
#54 Old 09-13-2004, 11:30 PM
Veggie Regular

Currently, we are waiting for character profiles from:

Cherry Head

CharityAJO

AngelOfDance

Kiz

rincaro

As soon as we get profiles for these folks, we can start the official thread. I have my first PC post ready, which is mostly a character introduction, and I'll be introducing some NPCs later on to help advance the plot. In the meantime, I thought we'd all like a chance to do introductory posts and get the feel for what we're doing.

Feel free to PM the ones we're waiting on to remind them.

If those who are ready want to go ahead and start while we wait for the stragglers, that's fine too. Just shoot me a PM.

#55 Old 09-14-2004, 11:58 AM
Veggie Regular

Yay another character!! This is going to be fun!!

Maybe we could set a deadline for characters? They can still join in later on, of course, but just so we can get started!
#56 Old 09-14-2004, 12:54 PM
Veggie Regular

That's fine with me, SilverC. What sounds fair?

#57 Old 09-14-2004, 12:57 PM

Agreed. Let's give a deadline of end of tomorrow

<---on vacation as of tomorrow
#58 Old 09-14-2004, 12:58 PM
Veggie Regular

Tomorrow sounds good!
#59 Old 09-14-2004, 01:00 PM
Veggie Regular

End of tommorrow??

I'll get chugging.
#60 Old 09-14-2004, 01:02 PM
Veggie Regular

Tomorrow at Midnight EST, then. I'll make the first post at 1201AM Thursday morning. ^_~

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page