VeggieBoards banner

What's your favorite TV show/shows these days ???

8K views 57 replies 40 participants last post by  haimen 
#1 ·
Hi guys.
What are you watching ? What are your favorite TV shows ? Genre ?
I really like crime dramas. It's my favorite genre and my favorite shows are Castle, Bones, Rizzoli and Isles,True Detective.

#13 ·
The Mindy Project and Forensic Files

#14 ·
What is it Forensic Files, is this some documentary, I haven't heard about it . I will check it for sure, because forensic and crime TV shows are my favorite. And for the Mindy Project I watched a first season, and Chris Messina is one handsome guy. Good job for hulu tv.

#15 ·
Forensic Files shows how they used forensic to solve murders, etc. You'd love it if you're into crime drama. I binge watch it when I can't sleep.

#16 ·
Currently watching Borgia on Netflix. Not to be confused with the other The Borgias, the American version produced for Showtime subscribers. Borgia is a French, German, Czech production (in English) for CANAL+. It's an excellent show.

Both shows are good, but the French one feels much more authentic. (it isn't fanatically historically accurate, but is much more so than the other)

#19 ·
I tend to like science fiction, and also fantasy and comedy. I don't watch TV anymore; the last shows I liked were "Chuck", "Enterprise" (which I thought went downhill after the first season), and "Heroes" (which I thought also became less enjoyable, and I didn't care for what I saw of the recent reboot "Heroes Reborn"). I sort of liked "Grimm" but didn't really start watching it.

Reactions: Mr. H.
#30 ·
These are my top favorite shows I'd recommend RIGHT NOW:

The Family - mystery drama, it's sooooo good
http://abc.go.com/shows/the-family

Orphan Black - scifi thriller/mystery
http://www.bbcamerica.com/shows/orphan-black

Crazy Ex Girlfriend - musical comedy, sooooo funny!
http://www.cwtv.com/shows/crazy-ex-girlfriend/

Other shows I like:
Madame Secretary
Unreal
The Good Wife (so sad the series is over)
Mindy
Empire
The Catch
Quantico
Bones
Jane the Virgin
Jessica Jones
Modern Family
Blackish
Master of None
Brooklyn Nine Nine
Parks and Rec (sad it's over)

#31 ·
So many zombie-lovers! Crikey! Not for me.
I love Game of Thrones' frozen undead but I wouldn't seek out zombie books, movies or series. 28 Days Later felt so overrated! Ha.

I'm loving the crap out of Northern Exposure a second time 'round (so cosy, so clever and so idealistic. Mmm, Chris... delicious...) and also rewatching Hitchhiker's (thanks for all the fish!).

I've finally started Community and it's hilarious but oddly depressing in some ways. Possibly Dan Harmon's slightly bleak world-view coming through. Quirky and fun though.
Annnnd I started Downton Abbey and finished it in a month... Fabulous. Loved. Way better than I thought hence never having watched til now...

Hearing so much about Orphan Black but it sounds too dark for my winding down evenings...?

#46 ·
I loved Northern Exposure. I used to live near Roslyn, WA where it was filmed.

Community was great - but for the last couple of seasons. I liked the first season where Brita was the smartest character in the room. Did not like dumbed down Brita.

Watched a few seaons of Downton Abbey, but the villians keept me from loving it.

I think Orphan Black might have been the best thing on TV. You should really try it. And if you want something less dark, try Call the Midwife.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.