VeggieBoards banner

What's your favorite TV show/shows these days ???

8K views 57 replies 40 participants last post by  haimen 
#1 ·
Hi guys.
What are you watching ? What are your favorite TV shows ? Genre ?
I really like crime dramas. It's my favorite genre and my favorite shows are Castle, Bones, Rizzoli and Isles,True Detective.

#34 ·
There are so many good shows going this year. I've recently started watching "The Crown" on Netflix and I'm really liking it. Currently waiting for "Walking Dead" to start back up and waiting both for the new season "Outlander" and the first season of "American Gods".

#35 ·
I have watched as little TV as possible since I was about nineteen or twenty, I have very dark views of television, not least of all because I have warm feelings about commercial jingles from my early childhood, and as nice as it may make me feel to have nostalgia, overall I find it ****ing disturbing that I will probably be able to sing the Colgate Pump commercial jingle or the intro to Family Ties when I'm so old I've forgotten where I currently live.

I blame television for things like mindless consumerism and the Trump presidency.

That being said, I like a handful of shows I'll watch on-line or on DVD sparingly (because I think watching TV every day, even without commercials, is a huge waste of mental energy).

The most recent shows I watched were Penny Dreadful and American Horror Story. Aside from that I like really old shows like Twin Peaks, Are You Being Served, Soap and Fawlty Towers. Ironically, the last three actually are not favorite childhood shows, I'm too young to have watched any except Twin Peaks in their original run. I caught Are You Being Served on late night PBS in high school, discovered Fawlty Towers through Netflix in my early twenties and I looked up Soap because of praise I saw online about what a ground breaking show it was socially in the 70s, I think it actually surpasses All in the Family and the humor is a hell of a lot more sophisticated.

In the near future, I plan to next watch new television in May when the new season of Twin Peaks emerges. Twin Peaks is my Star Trek.

Reactions: BlueMts
#36 · (Edited)
I don't really like many of the shows we get here. Used to watch Supernatural but got board with it. Cancelled Netflix and Stan because they kept changing things.

I just buy DVDs and watch what I like.

Although we recently watched a movie from NZ called What We Do In The Shadows which was shot like a documentary with 4 vampires sharing a house in NZ being followed around by a film crew. It was hilarious - so we got the DVD.

#43 ·
The only show that is on broadcast tv that I still watch is iZombie.
Every morning while I exercise i watch a Netflix show. I have an iPad and my gym has wifi.
I mostly go for the superhero shows. And I also finish the season once I start it. Even if i don't like it. That might be dumb of me.
I didn't watch the second season of DareDevi, that fight scenes were just too long. I plan on watching the second season of Jessica Jones tho. And I'm working on Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee, and My Next Guest Needs No Introduction.

But right now I'm just loving Sense8. Totally binge watching it but just a half hour a day. I'm halfway thru the second season. I already know the show has been canceled. Which is a bit disappointing. Sense8 has been great for making the miles go by and getting me pumped up. Its sort of a mystery/supernatural/SciFi/Action/Romance thing. In a way, its like Lost - but better. I put it in the same category as Orphan Black. The settings are great. It was filmed in something like 30 different cities. Its also very adult with nudity, violence, and language, not to mention the sexuality stuff, which you won't find on broadcast TV. But IMHO the best part is the character development. Each character is very different but you fall in love with each one of them.

#52 · (Edited)
Here's what I have been watching and liking so far when I am either sitting in my gaming chair chilling or laying in bed watching TV.

I have been watching Game Of Thrones. I have somewhat of a crush on Tyrrion and I love Danerys who is my absolute favorite character on the show. I, however don't get any of the premium channels on DISH and have to watch this on Blu-Ray. I've watched seasons 1-5 and am about ready to watch season 6 which I have heard is disappointing.

I love Big Bang Theory. Penny and surprisingly Sheldon are my favorite characters.

American Horror Story

Dexter (I've been watching this on Netflix along with Sons of Anarchy, CSI: New York, CSI: Miami, Breaking Bad, That 70's Show and some different cop shows).

Steve Austin's Broken Skull Challenge

Pitbulls and Parollees

My Cat From Hell

Dancing With The Stars

Who's Line Is It Anyway?

#56 ·
Found two shows that are below the radar.

Both English.

Remember when JK Rowlings wrote some mysteries under a pen name? The first 3 books have been made into 7 TV episodes. It's on BBC in the UK. Cinemax in the US or you can buy it on Amazon. I loved the books and thought they did a great job with the TV versions. Perfect casting. The show is called either CB Strike or just Strike.

The other is called Stan Lee's Lucky Man. It's just another one of those crime dramas with a damaged protagonist. This time in London And the Detective Inspector doesn't have a superpower. Instead, it's more supernatural power. A bracelet allows him to be lucky. Ten episodes in the first season. I've been watching them at a pretty quick clip. I think there is 3 seasons.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.