What's your favorite TV show/shows these days ??? - Page 2 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 21Likes

#31 Old 06-10-2016, 03:49 PM
Veggie Regular

Location: Melbourne, Australia. A haven of a country! But my heart is where my earliest years were spent in California and Canada as well...
So many zombie-lovers! Crikey! Not for me.
I love Game of Thrones' frozen undead but I wouldn't seek out zombie books, movies or series. 28 Days Later felt so overrated! Ha.

I'm loving the crap out of Northern Exposure a second time 'round (so cosy, so clever and so idealistic. Mmm, Chris... delicious...) and also rewatching Hitchhiker's (thanks for all the fish!).

I've finally started Community and it's hilarious but oddly depressing in some ways. Possibly Dan Harmon's slightly bleak world-view coming through. Quirky and fun though.
Annnnd I started Downton Abbey and finished it in a month... Fabulous. Loved. Way better than I thought hence never having watched til now...

Hearing so much about Orphan Black but it sounds too dark for my winding down evenings...?
Mr. H. likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 07-03-2016, 06:16 PM
Beginner

It's sometimes dark, but I loved Orphan Black.
#33 Old 02-10-2017, 01:41 PM

Walking dead, blacklist, how to get away from the murder and flash )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#34 Old 02-10-2017, 03:34 PM
Vegan since 2011

There are so many good shows going this year. I've recently started watching "The Crown" on Netflix and I'm really liking it. Currently waiting for "Walking Dead" to start back up and waiting both for the new season "Outlander" and the first season of "American Gods".

"The first step in changing anything is getting people to care." - Misha Collins
#35 Old 02-10-2017, 04:18 PM
Bandit

I have watched as little TV as possible since I was about nineteen or twenty, I have very dark views of television, not least of all because I have warm feelings about commercial jingles from my early childhood, and as nice as it may make me feel to have nostalgia, overall I find it ****ing disturbing that I will probably be able to sing the Colgate Pump commercial jingle or the intro to Family Ties when I'm so old I've forgotten where I currently live.

I blame television for things like mindless consumerism and the Trump presidency.

That being said, I like a handful of shows I'll watch on-line or on DVD sparingly (because I think watching TV every day, even without commercials, is a huge waste of mental energy).

The most recent shows I watched were Penny Dreadful and American Horror Story. Aside from that I like really old shows like Twin Peaks, Are You Being Served, Soap and Fawlty Towers. Ironically, the last three actually are not favorite childhood shows, I'm too young to have watched any except Twin Peaks in their original run. I caught Are You Being Served on late night PBS in high school, discovered Fawlty Towers through Netflix in my early twenties and I looked up Soap because of praise I saw online about what a ground breaking show it was socially in the 70s, I think it actually surpasses All in the Family and the humor is a hell of a lot more sophisticated.

In the near future, I plan to next watch new television in May when the new season of Twin Peaks emerges. Twin Peaks is my Star Trek.
BlueMts likes this.

"Thinkers may prepare revolutions, but bandits must carry them out"~
Ingrid Newkirk
#36 Old 02-12-2017, 07:44 AM
person

I don't really like many of the shows we get here. Used to watch Supernatural but got board with it. Cancelled Netflix and Stan because they kept changing things.

I just buy DVDs and watch what I like.

Although we recently watched a movie from NZ called What We Do In The Shadows which was shot like a documentary with 4 vampires sharing a house in NZ being followed around by a film crew. It was hilarious - so we got the DVD.

"The time will come when men such as I will look upon the murder of animals as they now look upon the murder of men." - Leonardo Da Vinci, Italian Painter, Sculptor, Architect, Musician, Engineer, and Scientist

When it comes to having a central nervous system, and the ability to feel pain, hunger, and thirst, a rat is a pig is a dog is a boy. ~Ingrid Newkirk

Last edited by BlueMts; 02-12-2017 at 07:52 AM. Reason: To add last paragraph.
#37 Old 02-12-2017, 08:09 AM

People Of Earth is great if you like quirky, off-the-wall comedy with a nod to conspiracy theories.
#38 Old 02-12-2017, 10:39 AM
Super Moderator

I watched the first episode of Legion last night, it's insaaaaaane! And I guess it's related to X-Men? I feel like this show transcends X-Men, it's so creative and surreal.
Mr. H. likes this.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#39 Old 02-14-2017, 02:49 PM

Vikings, Brookline Nine Nine, 2 broke girls and how to get away from the murder
#40 Old 03-25-2018, 05:58 AM

Criminal Minds
#41 Old 03-25-2018, 10:11 AM
Super Moderator

I'm obsessed with The Good Place lately.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#42 Old 03-25-2018, 01:20 PM

The Americans. New season starts in three days!
#43 Old 03-25-2018, 01:23 PM
Veggie Regular

The only show that is on broadcast tv that I still watch is iZombie.
Every morning while I exercise i watch a Netflix show. I have an iPad and my gym has wifi.
I mostly go for the superhero shows. And I also finish the season once I start it. Even if i don't like it. That might be dumb of me.
I didn't watch the second season of DareDevi, that fight scenes were just too long. I plan on watching the second season of Jessica Jones tho. And I'm working on Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee, and My Next Guest Needs No Introduction.

But right now I'm just loving Sense8. Totally binge watching it but just a half hour a day. I'm halfway thru the second season. I already know the show has been canceled. Which is a bit disappointing. Sense8 has been great for making the miles go by and getting me pumped up. Its sort of a mystery/supernatural/SciFi/Action/Romance thing. In a way, its like Lost - but better. I put it in the same category as Orphan Black. The settings are great. It was filmed in something like 30 different cities. Its also very adult with nudity, violence, and language, not to mention the sexuality stuff, which you won't find on broadcast TV. But IMHO the best part is the character development. Each character is very different but you fall in love with each one of them.
#44 Old 03-25-2018, 01:26 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoroAdams View Post
Hi guys.
What are you watching ? What are your favorite TV shows ? Genre ?
I really like crime dramas. It's my favorite genre and my favorite shows are Castle, Bones, Rizzoli and Isles,True Detective.
I used to love Castle. But by the end, I didn't mind it being canceled. The last season seemed to be pointless
#45 Old 03-25-2018, 01:28 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crouton View Post
My favourite shows that are currently still airing or still being made.

The 100
Ash vs The Evil Dead
Broad City
iZombie
Sense8
Orange is the New Black
UnReal
Love iZombie and Sense8. The 100 is on my Netflix List.
#46 Old 03-25-2018, 01:33 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beets&Beats View Post
So many zombie-lovers! Crikey! Not for me.
I love Game of Thrones' frozen undead but I wouldn't seek out zombie books, movies or series. 28 Days Later felt so overrated! Ha.

I'm loving the crap out of Northern Exposure a second time 'round (so cosy, so clever and so idealistic. Mmm, Chris... delicious...) and also rewatching Hitchhiker's (thanks for all the fish!).

I've finally started Community and it's hilarious but oddly depressing in some ways. Possibly Dan Harmon's slightly bleak world-view coming through. Quirky and fun though.
Annnnd I started Downton Abbey and finished it in a month... Fabulous. Loved. Way better than I thought hence never having watched til now...

Hearing so much about Orphan Black but it sounds too dark for my winding down evenings...?
I loved Northern Exposure. I used to live near Roslyn, WA where it was filmed.

Community was great - but for the last couple of seasons. I liked the first season where Brita was the smartest character in the room. Did not like dumbed down Brita.

Watched a few seaons of Downton Abbey, but the villians keept me from loving it.

I think Orphan Black might have been the best thing on TV. You should really try it. And if you want something less dark, try Call the Midwife.
#47 Old 03-26-2018, 06:10 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyfey View Post
My favorites aren't on anymore, The A-Team (greatest show ever!) and Firefly.
I love Firefly. Hadn't heard of it till it was over. Watched it on DVD the following year. Just another reason to hate FOX. At least all the actors and actresses went on to bigger and better things.
#48 Old 04-30-2018, 01:21 AM

Watching some Legion.
#49 Old 04-30-2018, 01:15 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponny View Post
Watching some Legion.

I really liked the 1st season. Not so much in love with S2.

Just finished binge watching NetFlix's Travellers.
#50 Old 05-08-2018, 11:05 AM
Ponyo

I love Lois & Clark the new Adventures of Superman, the story is very good and the creativity.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Veggie since my 3 years old and I love climatology.
#51 Old 05-08-2018, 11:12 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. H. View Post
I really liked the 1st season. Not so much in love with S2.

Just finished binge watching NetFlix's Travellers.
I'm watching Legion and iZombie in real time.

I was very pleasantly surprised how much I enjoyed Travelers.

I"m about to finish Jessica Jones, S2.

Then I will go to the 100 or to Parks and Rec. Or maybe both.

And Orphan Black is so great!You should watch it.
#52 Old 05-18-2018, 11:47 PM
A softball catcher

Here's what I have been watching and liking so far when I am either sitting in my gaming chair chilling or laying in bed watching TV.

I have been watching Game Of Thrones. I have somewhat of a crush on Tyrrion and I love Danerys who is my absolute favorite character on the show. I, however don't get any of the premium channels on DISH and have to watch this on Blu-Ray. I've watched seasons 1-5 and am about ready to watch season 6 which I have heard is disappointing.

I love Big Bang Theory. Penny and surprisingly Sheldon are my favorite characters.

American Horror Story

Dexter (I've been watching this on Netflix along with Sons of Anarchy, CSI: New York, CSI: Miami, Breaking Bad, That 70's Show and some different cop shows).

Steve Austin's Broken Skull Challenge

Pitbulls and Parollees

My Cat From Hell

Dancing With The Stars

Who's Line Is It Anyway?

Last edited by rylielovessoftball; 05-18-2018 at 11:48 PM. Reason: Formatting
#53 Old 07-13-2018, 06:27 AM
Banned

I'm heavily into west world
#54 Old 10-08-2018, 03:22 AM

Ripper Street, American Horror Story, House

And if reality shows count, Ink Master.
#55 Old 10-08-2018, 10:20 PM

I don't really watch much tv but I do like some things on Netflix like "Limitless" and "Sherlock".
#56 Old 10-09-2018, 04:40 AM

Sherlock is best, better than the books in a different way.
#57 Old 10-09-2018, 06:26 PM
Veggie Regular

Found two shows that are below the radar.

Both English.

Remember when JK Rowlings wrote some mysteries under a pen name? The first 3 books have been made into 7 TV episodes. It's on BBC in the UK. Cinemax in the US or you can buy it on Amazon. I loved the books and thought they did a great job with the TV versions. Perfect casting. The show is called either CB Strike or just Strike.

The other is called Stan Lee's Lucky Man. It's just another one of those crime dramas with a damaged protagonist. This time in London And the Detective Inspector doesn't have a superpower. Instead, it's more supernatural power. A bracelet allows him to be lucky. Ten episodes in the first season. I've been watching them at a pretty quick clip. I think there is 3 seasons.
#58 Old 10-07-2019, 02:55 PM

Titans.... surprisingly I am finding this quite enjoyable. Very little superhero action going but when it does its quite brutal in the punisher style, maybe not as bad and brutal but good enough.
#59 Old 10-09-2019, 05:03 AM

My favorite one is Walking Dead.
#60 Old 10-13-2019, 08:35 AM
haimen

The Best TV Shows on Right Now are:

The Boys
GLOW
Mindhunter
The Dark Crystal: The Age of Resistance
The Righteous Gemstones
Succession
On Becoming a God in Central Florida
Twitch

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page