Gamers: What are you playing? - VeggieBoards

Gamers: What are you playing?

Crouton's Avatar Crouton
03:38 PM 01-29-2016
For all the veggie gamers of the boards, what are you currently playing. Forgive me if there's already a thread like this somewhere, I couldn't see it.

I just finished Assassin's Creed Syndicate, on PS4, which I loved and am now working my way through Tearaway Unfolded. Also on PS4. I was playing Fallout 4 on PC for a while but have put it on hold as I was finding it a bit hard to get into.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Ad Elie's Avatar Ad Elie
04:51 PM 01-29-2016
I'm currently playing ShinMegamiTensei IV on the 3DS.

Though when I think of myself as a gamer, it's all about BOARD GAMES !
Crouton's Avatar Crouton
05:46 PM 01-29-2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ad Elie View Post
I'm currently playing ShinMegamiTensei IV on the 3DS.

Though when I think of myself as a gamer, it's all about BOARD GAMES !
What board games do you like? I've tried a few at PAX and stuff over the years, I quite like Settlers of Catan, but generally it's video games that I love.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
odizzido's Avatar odizzido
05:56 PM 01-29-2016
The games I've played this week are:

Shards of dalaya
Darkest dungeon
Stalker:COP, misery 2.1.1 mod
Crouton's Avatar Crouton
06:20 PM 01-31-2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by odizzido View Post
The games I've played this week are:

Shards of dalaya
Darkest dungeon
Stalker:COP, misery 2.1.1 mod
I generally keep up with games pretty well, but you have me stumped. I've never heard of all three of those titles.
Werewolf Girl's Avatar Werewolf Girl
08:20 PM 01-31-2016
I'm completely and utterly obsessed with Fallout 4. Currently haven't played in a couple days though as I'm at a crucial point in the story where I have to decide between factions and it was getting too stressful.

Before that I had a lot of fun playing Witcher 3, it's a gorgeous game especially whenever Geralt is in the bath.
Crouton's Avatar Crouton
09:02 PM 01-31-2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post
I'm completely and utterly obsessed with Fallout 4. Currently haven't played in a couple days though as I'm at a crucial point in the story where I have to decide between factions and it was getting too stressful.

Before that I had a lot of fun playing Witcher 3, it's a gorgeous game especially whenever Geralt is in the bath.
I played roughly 7 and half hours of Fallout 4, according to my Steam account. I thought it was interesting, but for some reason I struggled to get into it, and didn't have that desire to keep playing. I probably just need to give it more of a chance.

On the other hand when I played Assassin's Creed Syndicate, I couldn't stop. Even when I finished the main story I wanted to keep going and do all the extras, which is rare for me.
Jenn2
09:18 PM 01-31-2016
DH and I just introduced our 4-year-old to mario kart on the wii. He's pretty good! I'm waiting for the day when he'll be able to play wow with us
littestvegan's Avatar littestvegan
09:41 PM 01-31-2016
Fifa 16, tomb raider and evolve!
odizzido's Avatar odizzido
11:39 PM 01-31-2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crouton View Post
I generally keep up with games pretty well, but you have me stumped. I've never heard of all three of those titles.
darkest dungeon is a progressive dungeon crawler I guess you could call it
Shards is an EQemu server
You've never heard of STALKER? How old are you? Stalker:COP came out in...2008? I thought it was pretty famous. Misery mod adds a ton of stuff and with a few other things significantly changes the core of the game.

Actually I think all three are PC only games. Are you a console gamer maybe?

edit---------
Yeah I love the setting of fallout 4 and I like FPS RPGs but I do not like bethesda games. I doubt I'd pick up FO4 if it were a dollar TBH.
Crouton's Avatar Crouton
12:14 AM 02-01-2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by odizzido View Post
darkest dungeon is a progressive dungeon crawler I guess you could call it
Shards is an EQemu server
You've never heard of STALKER? How old are you? Stalker:COP came out in...2008? I thought it was pretty famous. Misery mod adds a ton of stuff and with a few other things significantly changes the core of the game.

Actually I think all three are PC only games. Are you a console gamer maybe?

edit---------
Yeah I love the setting of fallout 4 and I like FPS RPGs but I do not like bethesda games. I doubt I'd pick up FO4 if it were a dollar TBH.
Stalker was the only one of the three that I thought rang a bell, but I've never actually looked much into the title. I actually spread my time between PC and console. I have a PS3,PS4, Vita and 3DSXL to take care of console and handheld sides. And my PC does the rest.

I'm honestly not super big on Bethesda games either, I find whenever I play them they struggle to capture my attention.
jocelyn3113's Avatar jocelyn3113
10:30 AM 02-01-2016
I'm addicted to Mario Kart Wii U edition. I love Nintendo. I am also in the midst of playing through Diablo 3 on the PS4 with my husband. Awesome multiplayer on that game. I would like to check out the witcher at some point.
Jasminedesi16's Avatar Jasminedesi16
10:31 AM 02-01-2016
Rise of the Tomb Raider!
Crouton's Avatar Crouton
03:40 PM 02-01-2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasminedesi16 View Post
Rise of the Tomb Raider!
So jealous! I used to live with a girl who had an Xbox ONE, and I played the first 2 hours of it and loved it. But then she moved out, and the price is currently too high for me on Steam, so I'm going to wait it out. I hate what Microsoft did to that game, those greedy *******s. Making a huge multi-plat game like that a timed exclusive is a really desperate move on their behalf, shows they are panicking about how low the Xbox ONE sales have been when compared to PS4.
Jasminedesi16's Avatar Jasminedesi16
03:49 PM 02-01-2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crouton View Post
So jealous! I used to live with a girl who had an Xbox ONE, and I played the first 2 hours of it and loved it. But then she moved out, and the price is currently too high for me on Steam, so I'm going to wait it out. I hate what Microsoft did to that game, those greedy *******s. Making a huge multi-plat game like that a timed exclusive is a really desperate move on their behalf, shows they are panicking about how low the Xbox ONE sales have been when compared to PS4.
Yeah I got lucky because my mom got me it with Xbox 1 for Christmas Did you play Tomb Raider from 2013? If not you should play it, it is amazing! Rise of the Tomb Raider is even better, and there are so many side things you can do and you get other quests and challenges! Tomb Raider 2013 and Rise of the Tomb Raider are two of my favorite games ever. And yeah I agree that was so greedy of Microsoft to do it as an Xbox 1 exclusive. I hope it sells better because I want them to do another TR game
Crouton's Avatar Crouton
04:06 PM 02-01-2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasminedesi16 View Post
Yeah I got lucky because my mom got me it with Xbox 1 for Christmas Did you play Tomb Raider from 2013? If not you should play it, it is amazing! Rise of the Tomb Raider is even better, and there are so many side things you can do and you get other quests and challenges! Tomb Raider 2013 and Rise of the Tomb Raider are two of my favorite games ever. And yeah I agree that was so greedy of Microsoft to do it as an Xbox 1 exclusive. I hope it sells better because I want them to do another TR game
Yes I played the first one, on my PS3. Microsoft thought it would be a console seller for them, so they made it a timed exclusive, which is a greedy move, but in the meantime they also basically killed the games chance of being really successful. We just have to hope that the PC and eventual PS4 sales will make up for the abysmal Xbox sales, so we have a chance of getting a third game in the series. Exclusive games are fine, all consoles have exclusive games, but to take a very popular game that everyone played on all consoles, then make some people wait up to a year to play it is such a dick move. I hate Microsoft sometimes haha.
faded_amaranth's Avatar faded_amaranth
04:09 PM 02-01-2016
Don't Starve
It's a good game to play in the winter, I think.
odizzido's Avatar odizzido
04:13 PM 02-01-2016
I am glad you are liking new tomb raider 2. I enjoyed new tomb raider 1 quite a bit so I am interested in playing it for sure.

Also going to be waiting on a price drop though. Steam DRM means the price needs to be less than $10 for me.
Crouton's Avatar Crouton
04:33 PM 02-01-2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by odizzido View Post
I am glad you are liking new tomb raider 2. I enjoyed new tomb raider 1 quite a bit so I am interested in playing it for sure.

Also going to be waiting on a price drop though. Steam DRM means the price needs to be less than $10 for me.
Yeah I am also waiting for the price to drop on Steam. It's currently $54 USD on steam, and when I change that to the Australian dollar it goes up to $75. Way too much for me at the moment.
ngemini
07:33 PM 02-01-2016
I'm currently replaying through Life is Strange. I highly recommend playing this if you havent already.
Crouton's Avatar Crouton
07:54 PM 02-01-2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngemini View Post
I'm currently replaying through Life is Strange. I highly recommend playing this if you havent already.
I love this game! I played it through twice completely to make different decisions and see what happened. My roomate recently bought the limited edition boxed release of it that comes with an art book and CD.
odizzido's Avatar odizzido
10:44 PM 02-01-2016
Life is strange looks like a game I'd really enjoy. I am just waiting for it to fall in price or release DRM free.

If you guys are interested in story games I'd check out Dreamfall:Chapters
http://www.gog.com/game/dreamfall_chapters_season_pass

It's not quite complete, they're working on the final part right now, but from what I've heard it is pretty good if you're into story games. I do own it myself, but I am waiting for them to finish it before I play so I can do it all at once for the best possible experience.
Purp's Avatar Purp
11:23 PM 02-01-2016
I've recently finished the last of the Submachine games by Matuesz Skutnik. I've also found Elf Bowling and Elf Bowling II on the internet, along with some old Commander Keen, Jazz Jackrabbit, and Hugo and Penelope games.
My name isn't Bob
03:01 AM 02-02-2016
League of legends and Heroes of the Storm... and have been doing for the last 3 years. I really need to get a new hobby...
ngemini
03:57 PM 02-07-2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crouton View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngemini View Post
I'm currently replaying through Life is Strange. I highly recommend playing this if you havent already.
I love this game! I played it through twice completely to make different decisions and see what happened. My roomate recently bought the limited edition boxed release of it that comes with an art book and CD.
Yeah I loved it too! Bought both the digital and limited edition since I felt like they deserved as much as a regular $60 dollar game. If you have a PS4 I reccommend getting Until Dawn. Its a lot like Life is Strange where you make decisions and it uses a butterfly effect system. One tiny decision could lead to a major consequence.

You'll also have QTEs and so some decisions could be gut reaction. I was really surprised how much I enjoyed this game too. I want to give a warning, if you do get it make sure you do a blind playthrough. I made the mistake in looking up something and accidently seeing a spoiler. Tell me how you like the game!
Crouton's Avatar Crouton
04:30 PM 02-07-2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngemini View Post
Yeah I loved it too! Bought both the digital and limited edition since I felt like they deserved as much as a regular $60 dollar game. If you have a PS4 I reccommend getting Until Dawn. Its a lot like Life is Strange where you make decisions and it uses a butterfly effect system. One tiny decision could lead to a major consequence.

You'll also have QTEs and so some decisions could be gut reaction. I was really surprised how much I enjoyed this game too. I want to give a warning, if you do get it make sure you do a blind playthrough. I made the mistake in looking up something and accidently seeing a spoiler. Tell me how you like the game!
I played Until Dawn twice! It's amazing. Both times I played had completely different outcomes, and whole scenes I never saw in the other version.
ngemini
04:46 PM 02-07-2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crouton View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngemini View Post
Yeah I loved it too! Bought both the digital and limited edition since I felt like they deserved as much as a regular $60 dollar game. If you have a PS4 I reccommend getting Until Dawn. Its a lot like Life is Strange where you make decisions and it uses a butterfly effect system. One tiny decision could lead to a major consequence.

You'll also have QTEs and so some decisions could be gut reaction. I was really surprised how much I enjoyed this game too. I want to give a warning, if you do get it make sure you do a blind playthrough. I made the mistake in looking up something and accidently seeing a spoiler. Tell me how you like the game!
I played Until Dawn twice! It's amazing. Both times I played had completely different outcomes, and whole scenes I never saw in the other version.
I want to replay that game but i'm afraid it may not be the same experience due to having known what decisions lead to what. Not sure how much that will affect my 2nd playthrough
Crouton's Avatar Crouton
05:41 PM 02-07-2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngemini View Post
I want to replay that game but i'm afraid it may not be the same experience due to having known what decisions lead to what. Not sure how much that will affect my 2nd playthrough
You should do it and just make different choices. I think the game might surprise you. I know one friend who played it 5 times and each time was different.
odizzido's Avatar odizzido
10:13 AM 02-16-2016
Guess this is the correct thread to post this

https://www.khronos.org/news/press/k...-specification
Crouton's Avatar Crouton
02:36 PM 02-16-2016
I finally got Rise of the Tomb Raider and have been playing that.

Reply Up
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3