Marilyn Manson - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 08-26-2004, 02:09 PM
Beginner

Does anyone here like Marilyn Manson?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-26-2004, 02:15 PM

i think hes a really smart guy.... and intersting. but i dont really dig the music for the most part. much of the most part
#3 Old 08-26-2004, 02:21 PM
Veggie Regular

Yeah, I love Marilyn Manson, I love both the music and him/the band, I have all thier albums, and I think Marilyn Manson rocks, he's awesome (my second fave band after the Manics)

Stay Beautiful,

Aissa.

"Through the centuries, we have projected onto the wolf the qualities we most despise and fear in ourselves." ~ Barry Lopez.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 08-26-2004, 02:33 PM
Veggie Regular

I am quite a fan of MM of sorts.... and although not quite madly drawn, all the time, I can be occasionally be since I like goth but I would like to point out that although MM is sort of Goth, he is not the cream of goth really..... I tend to catagorize him seperately is what I am saying.

I'm not quite as dissenting about the music as V3gan, but by V3gan's other token, like he says MM is no dummie.

I think in one of his latest tracks he's making out to be Jesus which is darkly funny, for real, seemingly sincere although we know not really.....Who knows though, maybe MM fancies HIMSELF as the new Christ, lol.
#5 Old 08-26-2004, 02:41 PM
Veggie Regular

I absolutely love his music....

(if I could remove the lyrics from it and listen to it instrumental.)

Too much hate there for my taste, gives me the icks.

He is a smart guy, but I dont' agree with many of his views.
#6 Old 08-26-2004, 02:48 PM
Veggie Regular

I love Marilyn Manson the person, and I only kinda like the music. He should have his own TV show or something, I could watch that guy talk all day. I love his interviews, he's always entertaining, well-spoken and intelligent.
#7 Old 08-26-2004, 03:13 PM
Veggie Regular

love/hate

love:

Anti-Christ Superstart

Mechanical Animals

hate:

Nearly everything else, other than a handful of singles or soundtrack cuts
#8 Old 08-26-2004, 03:14 PM
Veggie Regular

I loooove him

as a person and as a musician
#9 Old 08-26-2004, 03:51 PM
Veggie Regular

I really enjoyed his auto biography, and I do think he is very well spoken and very very intelligent, but his music has so much negative energy in it, that I just can't listen to it. I'm with epski, I really like mechanical animals, and I love anti-christ superstar, I also liked quite a bit of smells like children, but I can't listen to it and maintain any kind of good mood. When I was very depressed and doing stupid things like cutting myself I was very into his music. I would sit and listen to man that you fear for ages.
#10 Old 08-26-2004, 04:24 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegAnaconda View Post

I think in one of his latest tracks he's making out to be Jesus which is darkly funny, for real, seemingly sincere although we know not really.....Who knows though, maybe MM fancies HIMSELF as the new Christ, lol.

I saw that video. I have the link for anyone who wants to see it. I love his new hairstyle, by the way.

http://www.mansonmachine.com/trash_news2.php
#11 Old 08-26-2004, 05:46 PM
Veggie Regular

i really like his voice. He is an intelligent person, so i give him that. but his music has really gone down hill... but imo, he's not the "brains" behind the music, and once he lost the 2 (actually 3) people that really "created" the music, there was nothing left for him to do. Portrait of an american family is an absolutely amazing album that was amazing because of twiggy's amazing work on the guitar and gidget's work on the bass. gidget left, and then antichrist was also an amazing album, again because some of the work of daisy (who only did about half the tracks)... but that album really shined because of all the work trent reznor put into it. once daisy left, and the whole thing w/ reznor and manson, all the true talent dissapeared... IMO, marilyn manson (the band) AFTER antichrist became somewhat of an imitation band. ya, on some albums (like mechanical animals) manson tried to take it to a different feel, but it never really worked for me. the albums like holy wood seem like manson trying to recreate the feel of antichrist w/o success.
#12 Old 08-26-2004, 05:59 PM
Veggie Regular

Didn't see any haircuts... I see a new single, though. Hmmm.
#13 Old 08-26-2004, 06:01 PM

well Antichrist , Mechanical Animals, and Holywood are all part of a series...

i think he is extremly intelligent and could make a very good speaker or something, like in bowling for columbine he really showed that he wasnt satan like so many people wanted him to be. I like some of his music, like Smells Like Children (patti smith cover! look out!), Antichrist Superstar, and Holywood. I really like Holywood, even though alot of people didnt...but it makes sense when you line those 3 albums up together.
#14 Old 08-26-2004, 06:10 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel Girl View Post

well Antichrist , Mechanical Animals, and Holywood are all part of a series...

i think he is extremly intelligent and could make a very good speaker or something, like in bowling for columbine he really showed that he wasnt satan like so many people wanted him to be. I like some of his music, like Smells Like Children (patti smith cover! look out!), Antichrist Superstar, and Holywood. I really like Holywood, even though alot of people didnt...but it makes sense when you line those 3 albums up together.

see, i'm a musician, so for the most part i could care less what the singer is actually singin about shoot. tool has been my favorite band for... what... 10 years now? and while i can "sing along" while its actually playing, for the most part i have no clue what he's actually singing about and if the music wasn't playing, i could prolly only tell you about 1/5 of the lyrics so all my comments are from a musical stand-point. i have no clue how things fit together lyrically
#15 Old 08-26-2004, 06:20 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by epski View Post

Didn't see any haircuts... I see a new single, though. Hmmm.

ya, i heard it last nite on the radio.. not bad.. but not as good as some of his other covers.. the really funny thing is though, my old band (a band called "rackets and drapes") was sometimes called a "manson rip-off" because our singer had a similar voice to manson... but we covered personal jesus like 5 yrs ago... so manson's finally ripping US off
#16 Old 08-26-2004, 06:48 PM
Beginner

Manson's new single "Personal Jesus" is a remake of a song by Depeche Mode.

I'm a big fan of Manson. However, I am more into Antichrist and back. I love their older stuff! This new song sounds good though, especially because its a cover of a song by one of my favorite bands.
#17 Old 08-26-2004, 06:53 PM
Veggie Regular

I liked it a lot in high school.

kinda dropped listening to Manson when I got into industrial music though.

a couple things:

1. I don't ever listen to lyrics.

2. All the music I listen to (well, 95 percent) is depressing (at least minor chords and/or scalar progressions) or angry...so Manson doesn't stick out in that respect.
#18 Old 08-26-2004, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladthedog View Post

tool has been my favorite band for... what... 10 years now? and while i can "sing along" while its actually playing, for the most part i have no clue what he's actually singing about and if the music wasn't playing, i could prolly only tell you about 1/5 of the lyrics

dude! i guess thats all I know when I get into songs like that. I can sing Tool without any music, and I can tell you what he is singing about (if the song isnt all weird..like super strange i mean.) i.e. 46&2's title is about the perfect set of genes, 23 each..46/2..yeah i dont know. But Manson's lyrics makes sense if you listen close enough. (and in order.)
#19 Old 08-26-2004, 08:06 PM
Beginner

I just read that Manson is coming out with a "Best of.." CD, and the "Personal Jesus" song will be on it. Heres the tracklist:

1. The Love Song

2. Personal Jesus

3. mOBSCENE

4. The Fight Song

5. Tainted Love

6. The Dope Show

7. This Is The New Sh*t

8. Disposable Teens

9. Sweet Dreams (Are Made Of This)

10. Lunchbox

11. Tourniquet

12. Rock Is Dead

13. Get Your Gunn

14. The Nobodies

15. Long Hard Road Out Of Hell

16. The Beautiful People

17. The Reflecting God

It comes out September 28.
#20 Old 08-26-2004, 08:09 PM
Veggie Regular

I love his music, but can't in good conscience buy his CD's and listen to them, especially now that I have a child. BUT something about that man just does it for me Know what I mean?
#21 Old 08-26-2004, 08:10 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchie View Post

I love his music, but can't in good conscience buy his CD's and listen to them, especially now that I have a child. BUT something about that man just does it for me Know what I mean?

Did you watch the video for "Personal Jesus"?
#22 Old 08-26-2004, 11:50 PM
Veggie Regular

Nope....we odn't have cable. I don't listen to the radio much either, so I haven't even *heard* thier version. I'd love to hear it though!!
#23 Old 08-27-2004, 12:00 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchie View Post

Nope....we odn't have cable. I don't listen to the radio much either, so I haven't even *heard* thier version. I'd love to hear it though!!

I posted the link to the video on the first page.
#24 Old 08-27-2004, 12:29 AM
Veggie Regular

Thanks Mandie!!

Well...He looked hot as usual, though I wasn't remotely impressed with the video. I felt sorry for the crying baby, but it was so sweet that he kissed the little one.

I have to say I like the origional versio way better, but MM did a fabulous job. I like the extra distortion too........great job!!
#25 Old 08-27-2004, 12:36 PM
Veggie Regular

Man, I really dislike "Best Of" albums that are anything but.

And, yeah, I know "Personal Jesus" is a cover of Depeche Mode. They were my 2nd favorite band in high school after Metallica, and unlike Metallica, they only got better (at least, up until Exciter and Ultra). That's just in case the explanation was directed at me and not just a general comment. I'd be mortified if someone thought I was ignorant about anything Depeche Mode. j/k
#26 Old 08-27-2004, 12:40 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by epski View Post

Man, I really dislike "Best Of" albums that are anything but.

And, yeah, I know "Personal Jesus" is a cover of Depeche Mode. They were my 2nd favorite band in high school after Metallica, and unlike Metallica, they only got better (at least, up until Exciter and Ultra). That's just in case the explanation was directed at me and not just a general comment. I'd be mortified if someone thought I was ignorant about anything Depeche Mode. j/k

It wasn't directed at you . It was just a general comment.
#27 Old 08-27-2004, 11:28 PM

some of the songs on the "best of" i really like (the nobodies, the love song, disposible teens) but there are some that are left out and shouldnt be (target audience, the fall of adam, rock and roll ******.) Rock and Roll ****** i suppose is my favourite, because its a patti smith cover. ahem.
#28 Old 08-30-2004, 06:10 AM
Beginner

#29 Old 08-30-2004, 06:12 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel Girl View Post

some of the songs on the "best of" i really like (the nobodies, the love song, disposible teens) but there are some that are left out and shouldnt be (target audience, the fall of adam, rock and roll ******.) Rock and Roll ****** i suppose is my favourite, because its a patti smith cover. ahem.

yea..i like that song too..its just a good rock song..

i like manson a lot..sometimes i'm not into some of the lifestyle he has (such as humping the neck of other men) but it doesnt really bother me either...
#30 Old 08-30-2004, 06:20 AM
Veggie Regular

Further to comments I ever hereto or ever did make about Marilyn Manson.....I would like to add.....

""Yeah......Marilyn Mansion!!!""

I think you are all understood!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page