[PSA] In case you guys haven't watched TV in a few months... - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 08-14-2004, 11:47 PM
Veggie Regular

** THE FOLLOWING IS A PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT FROM TOMMY GUN **

By not watching comedy television shows, you have missed out on the following pieces of information:

• Paris Hilton is a slut
  • Reuben Studdard is fat
  • George W. Bush is stupid
  • Billy Joel is a bad driver
  • Martha Stewart is going to jail

That's it. That's all you've missed. There have been zero jokes on TV about anything else. Perhaps in a year there will be some new jokes.

Oh yes, and Arnold is still a funny governer, and Clay is still possibly gay...but that's old news. I mean come on, get with the times.

Check out my webcomic! www.GrammarComic.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-15-2004, 01:57 AM
Beginner

I know what you mean! I'm glad Conan is off the air for 2 weeks due to the olympics; maybe that will give him time to come up with some new material. I love him but the repitition is getting ridiculous.
#3 Old 08-15-2004, 02:22 AM
Veggie Regular

Thanks! We cancelled our cable a while back and are too lazy to buy an antena to get gegular TV. It's been about 6 months since I've watched TV. Thank god we have a VCR and a gigantic movie library!

“There is a distinct difference between having an open mind and having a hole in your head from which your brain leaks out."-James Randi

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 08-15-2004, 06:19 AM
Veggie Regular

With American Idol off for a while, I haven't been watching tv myself. Now, my toddler is starting to sing the Jimmy Neutron theme song thanks to his sister, but that's a different story...

Pav
#5 Old 08-15-2004, 08:19 AM
Veggie Regular

wow i missed so much !
#6 Old 08-15-2004, 08:38 AM
Veggie Regular

Oh yeah, I have to agree with the Conan statement. I like him too, but when a celebrity does something stupid, he really beats a dead horse with his jokes.
#7 Old 08-15-2004, 11:25 AM
Veggie Regular

And people wonder why I don't have cable. Lately, the only time I turn on the television is right before I'm heading out the door in the a.m. to catch the forecast (i.e., do I need my umbrella or not).
#8 Old 08-15-2004, 12:52 PM
Veggie Regular

I had no idea Billy Joel was a bad driver!

I need to watch some TV I guess.
#9 Old 08-15-2004, 05:01 PM
Veggie Regular

haha. yeahhh I'm not a big fan of tv. The only things i watch are "degrassi", Conan, and "reno 911." but still, there seems to be a lack of freshness.
#10 Old 08-15-2004, 05:03 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidermonkey View Post

And people wonder why I don't have cable. Lately, the only time I turn on the television is right before I'm heading out the door in the a.m. to catch the forecast (i.e., do I need my umbrella or not).

Conan's on network tv actually.
#11 Old 08-15-2004, 05:04 PM
Veggie Regular

Oh, and a big to Reno 911 skunk
#12 Old 08-15-2004, 05:36 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana19105 View Post

Conan's on network tv actually.

Oh, shows ya how much I watch t.v. Must be on past my bedtime (sometimes as early as 9:00)...yes, I have no life right now. If I have any extra time at night, I'm usually reading medical textbooks or posts on veggieboards.
#13 Old 08-15-2004, 06:29 PM

eh..my tv watching consists of dave chappelle, cops, court TV, and forensic files. I order cable strictly for comedy central and court tv. Anything else isn't worth me watching.
#14 Old 08-16-2004, 10:08 AM
Banned

they don't make paris hilton jokes on the food network.

yet another of the many reasons to love that channel.

it's just about all I watch.
#15 Old 08-16-2004, 12:12 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by porvida View Post

they don't make paris hilton jokes on the food network.

yet another of the many reasons to love that channel.

it's just about all I watch.

I haven't watched food network since going vegan. I don't really want to eat anything on there anymore.
#16 Old 08-16-2004, 12:16 PM
Banned

i know, they barely make anything I can eat, and I'm not even vegan. I only really like that and comedy central, though, and comedy central is NOTHING but mad tv (which I don't like at all) and last comic standing anymore. music tv sucks, nothing good is on, and I don't like reality tv or cartoons...so that's what I'm left with, haha..
#17 Old 08-17-2004, 12:10 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by shagginabit View Post

eh..my tv watching consists of dave chappelle, cops, court TV, and forensic files. I order cable strictly for comedy central and court tv. Anything else isn't worth me watching.

thats really weird because i pretty much only watched these too. (when i had cable ) wasnt too hot on COPS but i did like RENO 911 and animal cops. i was obsessed with court TV and the comedy channel. we also watched the stern E! show 5 nights a week-i swear at first it was only because my husband made me!

“There is a distinct difference between having an open mind and having a hole in your head from which your brain leaks out."-James Randi

#18 Old 08-17-2004, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarro View Post

thats really weird because i pretty much only watched these too. (when i had cable ) wasnt too hot on COPS but i did like RENO 911 and animal cops. i was obsessed with court TV and the comedy channel. we also watched the stern E! show 5 nights a week-i swear at first it was only because my husband made me!

oh man...i can watch court TV 24 hours a day. I think I've hit my lowest point. I've actually declined going out to watch "the system" marathon. Yeap...I've hit rock bottom.

*Also likes the animal cops, especially when they're in Houston*
#19 Old 08-17-2004, 12:52 AM
Veggie Regular

oh shag i forgot to give cred to chappelle! i think hes the funniest guy on the planet right now!

#20 Old 08-17-2004, 05:43 AM
Veggie Regular

I like chapelle as a stand up comedian, but I think his show is pretty bad. Every impression he does is exactly the same. *Wear funny wig and say "*****"* Oh yeah, that's a riot. It also gets on my nerves how everyone else in the world thinks they can do a good impression of Dave doing an impression. "I'm Rick James, *****" ring a bell?

I actually read this article a little while ago about Dave and how his fans drive him crazy because they won't shut up about stuff like that. At one of his comedy shows the fans just woulds shut up, so he basically gave this huge lecture about what terrible people they all were and left. Now THAT was funny.
#21 Old 08-17-2004, 05:44 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by porvida View Post

i know, they barely make anything I can eat, and I'm not even vegan. I only really like that and comedy central, though, and comedy central is NOTHING but mad tv (which I don't like at all) and last comic standing anymore. music tv sucks, nothing good is on, and I don't like reality tv or cartoons...so that's what I'm left with, haha..

Also, I don't exactly get this, so you don't eat meat, but you enjoy watching people talk about it, cook it, and eat it?
#22 Old 08-17-2004, 06:10 AM
Veggie Regular

Last year I moved to my own place in June.

I made it a point to not get a TV.

Now I am glad

My Blog: beforewisdom.com
#23 Old 08-17-2004, 03:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana19105 View Post

Also, I don't exactly get this, so you don't eat meat, but you enjoy watching people talk about it, cook it, and eat it?

no, not really. I guess i wasn't very clear. the side dishes they make are vegetarian most of the time, but most often someone's cooking steak...but i watch it for the other stuff, the side dishes, and also because I can think of ways to vegetarian-ize the things they make. I don't watch any of bobby flay's shows, though (just as an exmple) because evverrryything is barbeque. but there's also shows like food finds and unwrapped that they just look at foods as opposed to making them....

then again, I don't watch enough tv for it to matter. it's not like it's on 24/7.

so to answer your question, no, I don't like watching people talking about, cooking, or eating meat, i think it's gross. I just don't pay attention and watch it for the other stuff.
#24 Old 08-17-2004, 03:26 PM
Banned

We killed our television a few months ago and our joint IQ must have jumped by 20 points.

Of course we have to kill it here on veggieboards.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page