Fictional vegetarians - Page 2 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 17Likes

#31 Old 07-22-2016, 09:52 AM
Veggie Regular

Emily from horror movie "The Possession" ("Exorcist" type). She is a vegetarian, at the beginning she shows two signs saying: "Stop the killing, eat vegetables" and "When you eat animals you become one!". One of the most horrible scenes is when dybuk forces her to eat meat.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 07-23-2016, 04:34 AM
Veteran vegan

Rachael from Glee is a vegan.
I think all Middle-earth elves are vegan, they only seem to be portrayed eating salad.
In 'The Hobbit' the dinner scene in Rivendell portrays this and the dwarves are none too happy with it!
#33 Old 07-23-2016, 08:19 AM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledge is power View Post
Rachael from Glee is a vegan.
I think all Middle-earth elves are vegan, they only seem to be portrayed eating salad.
In 'The Hobbit' the dinner scene in Rivendell portrays this and the dwarves are none too happy with it!
Didn't they kill the spiders or something?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#34 Old 07-23-2016, 09:19 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LedBoots View Post
Didn't they kill the spiders or something?
the spiders had them wrapped up ready to eat. killing was to free frodo who was bitten
I didn't remember the elves freeing them though, I thought it was Bilbo and his magic daggar- sting. Yep, that's where he named it!
knowledge is power likes this.
#35 Old 07-23-2016, 09:54 AM
Vegan since 1991

E.T., the extraterrestrial from Steven Spielberg's hugely successful 1982 movie, appears to be vegetarian. In the movie, he is shown eating several times, but the only things he eats are (1) fruits, (2) Reese's Pieces candy, and (3) beer. He tries a potato salad, but doesn't like it.

There is also a novel about E.T., called "E.T.: The Book of the Green Planet": http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/225698.E_T_ . In the novel, E.T.'s people are described as great botanists, with unsurpassed knowledge of plants from many different worlds. The master botanist of E.T.'s race is almost Buddha-like; in the book, when the master walks through the forest mud, flowers sprout from his footsteps.

Spudulika and Symondezyn like this.

_________

Specific recommendations for a healthy diet include: eating more fruit, vegetables, legumes, nuts and grains; cutting down on salt, sugar and fats. It is also advisable to choose unsaturated fats, instead of saturated fats and towards the elimination of trans-fatty acids."
- United Nations' World Health Organization
http://www.who.int/topics/diet/en/

Last edited by David3; 07-23-2016 at 10:19 AM.
#36 Old 07-24-2016, 09:59 AM
Veggie Regular

Munroe from Grimm is vegan. A human / wolf being who went vegan to control his instinctive desire for blood.
Fun central character in a cheesy but entertaining fantasy series - better than the wooden lead Nick anyway.
#37 Old 07-25-2016, 05:16 AM
Veteran vegan

Quote:
Originally Posted by silva View Post
the spiders had them wrapped up ready to eat. killing was to free frodo who was bitten
I didn't remember the elves freeing them though, I thought it was Bilbo and his magic daggar- sting. Yep, that's where he named it!
I think you've got your MiddleEarth movies mixed up. It was The Hobbit where the dwarves were wrapped up and about to be eaten, then Bilbo comes and cuts them down. The elves came and attacked the spiders that started chasing their escaping meals. Tauriel meets Kili then and romance ensu.. oh sorry, getting carried away..
#38 Old 12-02-2016, 05:56 PM
Veggie Regular

Gale Betticer from Breaking Bad was vegan.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
#39 Old 12-03-2016, 11:47 AM
Veggie Regular

Had to look up who you mean from Breaking Bad, OK now I remember. Interesting that the vegan character was basically portrayed as a bit of a wierdo loner however he was quite a nice person (apart from when relating to his decision to produce meth), I quite liked him and felt for him in the end.
#40 Old 12-03-2016, 01:03 PM

http://list.wikia.com/wiki/Fictional_vegetarians

It doesn't seem like Phoebe from "Friends" is very serious about being a vegetarian. In the one where they went to Las Vegas she said she was going to get a 99 cent steak. Monica said, "But you don't eat animals." Phoebe responded, "For 99 cents I'd eat you." She sold her ethics for 99 cents.

I like Prot from the movie "K-Pax" and the Vulcans from Star Trek. In one episode of Voyager Tuvok said to Neelix something like, "I'll eat anything you serve me." Did he mean anything except meat? It seems established in Enterprise (I haven't seen much of TOS) that Vulcans are vegetarians but I have not heard any references to Tuvok being a vegetarian.
#41 Old 12-04-2016, 06:13 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie in Chile View Post
Had to look up who you mean from Breaking Bad, OK now I remember. Interesting that the vegan character was basically portrayed as a bit of a wierdo loner however he was quite a nice person (apart from when relating to his decision to produce meth), I quite liked him and felt for him in the end.

Lydia from breaking bad may be vegan as well. She was always asking for soy milk in the cafe. it seems the actress maybe vegan as well. (Can't be sure as google doesn't have any definitive results) There's a huffinngton post which says the actress was enjoying vegan Haggis in her summer home or something.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
#42 Old 12-04-2016, 01:58 PM
Veggie Regular

Lydia's new for soy milk I don't recall but I do remember the stevia. Thinking about it Breaking Bad seemed to be in favour of mainstream stuff, Hank the hero liked a good barbecue, whereas the person trying to be clever with their stevia - well the stevia didn't really work out so well for her.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page