The Amazing Amazing Race contest..... - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 07-05-2004, 07:19 AM

Inspired by a similar venture on another board, I'm proud to announce this "Amazing" contest to pick the winners of the Amazing Race 5.

Winners of the contest will receive their choice of either a VB membership or a dozen of Kreeli's famous cookies.

To join, players will need to pick the three teams they believe will be in the final leg(s) of the race. You can wait and make your picks *after* the premiere (Tuesday, July 6th at 9:30), but they must be in before noon on the day of the second episode (Saturday, July 11th at 10:00).

Points can be earned as follows:

1 pt.for each team that stays in the race each week (starting w/ ep. 2)

1 pt for correctly choosing which team will be eliminated each week (or correctly identifying the leg as a non-elimination one).

1 pt for correctly answering the trivia question posted here.

1 pt for correctly identifying which team will use the fast forward.

Points for picking the overall winner will be awarded in descending value based on which episode we are at. So, if you pick before the 2nd ep, you will earn 12 pts, before the 3rd, 11 pts, etc.

If all of your teams should be eliminated, you may pick three new teams up until leg 10, by deducting 1 pt for each week the race has been running.

Deadline for all picks/trivia/etc. will be noon on the day the episode airs (currently planned for Saturdays at 10:00 ET). Pt totals/answers will be posted sometime on Sundays.

Some places to go to learn more about the Amazing Race:

http://cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race5/

--official site with Team biographies, etc.

http://forums.televisionwithoutpity....?showforum=594

--Amazing Race forum at simply the best TV site on the web. Lots of info/conversation and "take em with a grain of salt" spoilers. Also the birthplace of TARCon, a totally "Amazing" finale party held each year.

www.tarflies.com

--lovechild of the AR site at TWOP. Good place for AR Virgins to go and learn about Philimination, the Amazing Bathmat, and the curse of Leg 11.

If you are convinced that I'm off my rocker by this point, then feel free to scroll on by. If you'd like to join the contest, send me a PM with your picks after the premiere. I'll post a trivia question late Tuesday night.

Donations of prizes to sweeten the pot are welcome as well.

PM me with any questions. Let the Race begin!

Jen

The ones I pity are the ones who never stick out their neck for something they believe, never know the taste of moral struggle, and never have the thrill of victory. - Jonathan Kozol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page