Does anyone watch The Walking Dead? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 27Likes

#1 Old 03-04-2015, 03:19 PM
Enjoying life!

Does anyone watch The Walking Dead?

After lots of positive reviews on The Walking Dead, I finally got around to watching it, and I'm quite enjoying it. Any other followers?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-04-2015, 03:45 PM
Veggie Regular

I tried to watch two or three episodes of season two (?), and didn't enjoy it. The parts where they're killing zombies are kind of cool, but then the other parts where they are just whispering to each other bore me. I feel like I have to have the remote control in my hand all the time to control the volume because the killing parts are loud, and all the others where they are just talking are too low. However, I seem to be in the minority in not liking the show.

"We have enslaved the rest of the animal creation, and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly that beyond doubt, if they were able to formulate a religion, they would depict the Devil in human form." - William Ralphe Inge

#3 Old 03-04-2015, 03:48 PM
Enjoying life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessandreia View Post
I tried to watch two episodes of season two (?), and didn't enjoy it. The parts where they're killing zombies are kind of cool, but then the other parts where they are just whispering to each other bore me. I feel like I have to have the remote control in my hand all the time to control the volume because the killing parts are loud, and all the others where they are just talking are too low. However, I seem to be in the minority in not liking the show.
I will say, I was not impressed by the first and second season, but by season 3 the cast really gets into their groove and you're right into the story. I'd give it another try and get through season 1 and 2. I almost quit watching until I made it to season 3, and from there it's just got better, in my opinion.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 03-04-2015, 04:36 PM
Banned

As a show it was hampered in the beginning by what seems like half-hearted financial backing.

To clarify, there is episodes in the early seasons that were tremendous yet clearly the budget went on say 1 episode and 6 other episodes are done on the "cheap".

Throughout The Walking Dead it's been apparent that they have been trying to sell it to an audience which isn't the core following of the Zombie genre, there was a focus on inter-personal relationships rather than survival/zombie apocalypse. To me this a damning indictment of network influence, "Ok you can have your zombie show but we want it to appeal to those that watched sex in the city and desperate housewives".

The show in latter seasons indicated a willingness to be dark and disturbing and throughout the series's there has been the kind of action/events you can imagine in a zombie downfall of the modern human race, sadly it has been a little too little and arguably a little too late.

The show was hampered and is hampered by skipping the apocalypse and refusing to do "flashback" episodes showing how people survived in the early days in favour of saying "We've all survived, let's set up a camp where nothing will happen so we can focus on who loves who and minor fall-outs".

The series is needed, it's advancing the genre but it once again falls ever short of satisfying the imaginations of those who adore it.

Last edited by RiggerBoots; 03-04-2015 at 04:38 PM.
#5 Old 03-04-2015, 05:00 PM
Veggie Regular

Yep, believe or not, I do not usually like zombie shows, but my husband and I are addicted to it. Our daughter got hooked on it in college. They all watched it in her dorm. When she came home to visit, she got her dad and I hooked on it too. I enjoy the story and characters, but not so much the zombies.

EatPlant-Based.com
#6 Old 03-04-2015, 05:20 PM
Veggie Regular

By the end of the first season I was really disliking the show. I found the story to make no sense and never even bothered with the second season.

The video game is very good though(minus the start which was.....less than great).
#7 Old 03-05-2015, 09:47 AM
Enjoying life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by odizzido View Post
By the end of the first season I was really disliking the show. I found the story to make no sense and never even bothered with the second season.

The video game is very good though(minus the start which was.....less than great).
I've played both video games. They are great.

I continue to enjoy the show, but am also a big fan of Norman Reedus and his work in general. The series does take some cue from the comics but does not follow canon.
#8 Old 03-06-2015, 07:14 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeggieMonsta View Post
I've played both video games. They are great.

I continue to enjoy the show, but am also a big fan of Norman Reedus and his work in general. The series does take some cue from the comics but does not follow canon.

The first game made me cry, literally
#9 Old 03-06-2015, 07:26 AM
Veggie Regular

yup me too, it was great
#10 Old 05-07-2015, 09:23 AM
Veggie Regular

i watched the first few seasons. i liked the character development but not the violence and gore. i don't want that horribly imagery in my head.

it seems to me that there is too much gore in tv and movies.
#11 Old 05-07-2015, 07:21 PM
Beginner

I have no idea how I've missed this thread for so long but I LOVE The Walking Dead. Even though sometimes it can drop its game a bit (I found the second half of the most recent season a bit boring and nothing exciting happened until the LAST EPISODE ugh). It's probably the only show I've watched in a while where I feel completely lost when a season ends... Like right now. At least GOT is there to help hahah
#12 Old 05-08-2015, 04:14 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by custardpie View Post
I have no idea how I've missed this thread for so long but I LOVE The Walking Dead. Even though sometimes it can drop its game a bit (I found the second half of the most recent season a bit boring and nothing exciting happened until the LAST EPISODE ugh). It's probably the only show I've watched in a while where I feel completely lost when a season ends... Like right now. At least GOT is there to help hahah

Happy to see someone feels the same as I do. I agree with your assessment of the second half of the last season. But I love the show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
custardpie likes this.
#13 Old 05-08-2015, 04:57 PM
Veggie Regular

I love The Walking Dead! It is my favorite show on TV at the moment. Rick and Michonne need to get together.
#14 Old 05-09-2015, 05:34 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasminedesi16 View Post
I love The Walking Dead! It is my favorite show on TV at the moment. Rick and Michonne need to get together.
Really? I actually prefer them just staying friends. It's not often you see such a strong friendship between a man and a woman in a show that actually stays that way without the writers trying to turn it into something more. So I'm hoping they stay platonic I've been waiting FOREVER for Darryl to get a love interest, though..

Also, does Carol annoy the hell out of anyone else? Or is it just me? That lady should never be left alone with children...
Jasminedesi16 likes this.
#15 Old 05-09-2015, 07:23 AM
Veggie Regular

I love Carol.

#16 Old 05-10-2015, 07:00 AM
Beginner

Nooooo! Really? I'll admit, sometimes I have to love what a psycho she's become... but more often than not, I find myself saying to the screen 'Oh, shut up Carol!'
karenlovessnow likes this.
#17 Old 05-10-2015, 07:24 AM
Banned

is it true that you have to be a nerd to watch zomby movies
not saying you are its just a pattern I'm noticing
#18 Old 05-10-2015, 10:01 AM
Veggie Regular

For me zombies aren't about zombies, but about the survival aspect. I am a sucker for anything survival related.
custardpie likes this.
#19 Old 05-10-2015, 03:03 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm more dorky than nerdy.

#20 Old 05-11-2015, 04:05 AM
Beginner

Nah, I'm a pretty cool, popular person, if I do say so myself (and I do, all the time)

Hahaha no, I guess people would say I'm a nerd. I am studying a science degree, after all.

Obviously there's no rule that you need to be a nerd/geek/whatever to like the whole zombie theme. I love any kind of apocalyptic-type scenarios simply because the idea of society completely falling apart absolutely terrifies me.
#21 Old 05-11-2015, 06:16 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by karenlovessnow View Post
I love Carol.

Look at the flowers!!
#22 Old 10-11-2015, 06:34 PM
Veggie Regular

It's on! Who's watching?

#23 Old 10-12-2015, 10:42 PM

but more often than not, I find myself saying to the screen 'Oh, shut up Carol!'
#24 Old 10-12-2015, 11:12 PM
Veggie Regular

This is funny...so much Carol hate! Lol

#25 Old 10-13-2015, 04:44 AM
Beginner

...the plan was going pretty good it seemed until that darn noise started up!
karenlovessnow likes this.
#26 Old 10-26-2015, 11:27 PM

I love the carol acting..... It was amazing. I really enjoyed it.
#27 Old 10-28-2015, 08:22 AM
Veggie Regular

Anyone see Sunday's Episode?? I'm grieving so much I am in denial that SPOILER is not dead.
#28 Old 10-28-2015, 09:13 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasminedesi16 View Post
Anyone see Sunday's Episode?? I'm grieving so much I am in denial that SPOILER is not dead.

I keep hearing he is alive but I won't get my hopes up only to have them dashed again...I am distraught...I need an intervention! Lol

#29 Old 10-28-2015, 02:36 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by karenlovessnow View Post
I keep hearing he is alive but I won't get my hopes up only to have them dashed again...I am distraught...I need an intervention! Lol

Me too. I was almost crying, I loved him so much, he was my favorite character. People are saying he has been seen filming action scenes. I understand no character is safe but I think this death was so bad for the character. It was such a bad sendoff for someone that important to the show.
#30 Old 10-28-2015, 03:38 PM
Veggie Regular

He is my favorite, too.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page