What's Your Favorite Video Game? :D - VeggieBoards
View Poll Results: How Often Do You Game?
Never 3 4.69%
Rarely 4 6.25%
One Time Every Week Or So 13 20.31%
A Few Times A Week 14 21.88%
Almost Every Day 24 37.50%
All Day Everday 6 9.38%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 
 2Likes

#1 Old 08-02-2012, 11:36 AM
I ♥ Vegan Guys ◕‿◕

I think the forum needs a bit more switching up of topics so I thought I'd ask this. I know we have some veggie gamers out there!!

Hmmm, I know how hard it can be to choose just 1 that if your ultimate favorite, so you can post more if you like ^_^ (computer and online games count too)

Mine would have to be:

Zelda Majora's Mask

400 Amazing Music, tons of sidequests, loveable characters :)

Zelda Windwaker

400 Huge vast sea to explore, cute characters, fitting music, and fun side quests.

and Paper Mario: Thousand Year door

400 Adorable characters, funny, story, tons and tons of sidequests, lots of things to collect!

"Why should man expect his prayer for mercy to be heard by What is above him when he shows no mercy to what is under him?" ~Pierre Troubetzkoy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-02-2012, 11:44 AM
Veggie Regular

Mine used to be Harvest moon for the PS1 hands down, but now that I'm vegan, when I play, I end up never buying any animals :(

Do computer games count as video games? If so, I LOVE Zeus + exp pack Poseidon. And The Sims 2 and 3!

#3 Old 08-02-2012, 12:03 PM
Arrrg! Me mateys.

I don't have a favorite anything, so I can't answer the question as is. tongue3.gif I am fond of

Okami

250px-OkamiNTSCcoverFinal.jpg

Shadow of the Colossus

Sotc_boxart.jpg

The Kingdom Hearts series (since I've been playing it since 2002)

Kingdom_Hearts_logo.png

Sonic the Hedgehog (nostalgic value, but I just really love Sonic games)

Pokémon Snap grin.gif

Pok%C3%A9mon_Snap_Coverart.png

And because it must be mentioned, Team Fortress 2

250px-Towering_Pillar_of_Hats.png

tongue3.gif

Unfortunately (or fortunately?) I really don't play video games anymore. On occasion I get in the mood for a particular game, but I no longer spend up to 70+ hours a week on them. (Yes, I'm serious. I beat Okami in less than a week with the time played at 73 hours) I played Sims 2 for about an hour a couple weeks ago, but except for that, I can't remember the last time I played a game.

korrakorrakorrakorrakorra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 08-02-2012, 12:06 PM
I ♥ Vegan Guys ◕‿◕

Quote:
Originally Posted by azerea_02 View Post

Mine used to be Harvest moon for the PS1 hands down, but now that I'm vegan, when I play, I end up never buying any animals :(

Do computer games count as video games? If so, I LOVE Zeus + exp pack Poseidon. And The Sims 2 and 3!

I love harvest mood a wonderful life for the gamecube. It got a little boring though after awhile....and it's almost like the game never ends. Nobody in my family has been able to get to the end xD

"Why should man expect his prayer for mercy to be heard by What is above him when he shows no mercy to what is under him?" ~Pierre Troubetzkoy
#5 Old 08-02-2012, 12:08 PM
I ♥ Vegan Guys ◕‿◕

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppet Master View Post

I don't have a favorite anything, so I can't answer the question as is. tongue3.gif I am fond of
Okami

tongue3.gif
Unfortunately (or fortunately?) I really don't play video games anymore. On occasion I get in the mood for a particular game, but I no longer spend up to 70+ hours a week on them. (Yes, I'm serious. I beat Okami in less than a week with the time played at 73 hours) I played Sims 2 for about an hour a couple weeks ago, but except for that, I can't remember the last time I played a game.

Yes! Okami is pretty high up there in my list, especially the wii version! So much to do which is what I think makes a good game. Gotta have an adequate amount of side quests that aren't just boring or random tedious work.

Oh and Kh And Kh2 were the bomb :) So much keyblade twirling and smashing. xD

Me too. That's pretty pretty funny. When I was a kid I would play Majora's mask ALL DAY. I was too afraid to actually finish the water dungeon because I was terrified of "like likes" (They suck you down and you cant see and it's just so scary @[email protected]) Still am terrified.) I would just redo time and do the side quests over and over and over. xD But now, I hardly play video games anymore...I just don't enjoy them as much I suppose. May also not be as many good games out...dunno, but just not that into it anymore :/ Skyward Sword, just in case anyone hasn't played it yet, to me was a disappoint and I didn't bother with any replay value.

#6 Old 08-02-2012, 12:19 PM
Beginner

I'm a HUGE fan of video games, in particular RPGs and action-adventure. My top 5 would have to be:

Legend of Zelda is my favorite franchise and Nintendo revolutionized 3D open world with this game. So good.

My favorite RPG of all time. Square used to be amazing. :(

Second-favorite RPG :)

The best action game I've ever played.

My FAVORITE game of all time! Nothing will top this, I don't think. Nothing was as much fun as this for me. I love animals and to be able to capture magical ones was amazing.

Currently I'm playing Amnesia: The Dark Descent (this game is terrifying) and Batman: Arkham City. They're both great.

"Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves." (Lord Byron)

#7 Old 08-02-2012, 12:34 PM
I ♥ Vegan Guys ◕‿◕

Yay for Ocarina of Time. I could not stop playing that as a kid either o__o I was too scared to go to finish the water dungeon though until I got older xD Something about video game water and the monsters in it.....

#8 Old 08-02-2012, 12:54 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4everaspirit View Post

Yay for Ocarina of Time. I could not stop playing that as a kid either o__o I was too scared to go to finish the water dungeon though until I got older xD Something about video game water and the monsters in it.....

When I was a kid I thought Gohma, Volvagia, Morpha, Bongo Bongo, and Ganon were the most frightening things I had ever seen. But I just recently played through it again a couple months ago and I think they're quite charming. Legend of Zelda games have some very interesting characters, that's for sure. 

"Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves." (Lord Byron)

#9 Old 08-02-2012, 12:55 PM
Super Moderator

Oh man, I love Ocarina Of Time! That game was a huge part of my childhood. I also love anything Sonic or Mario related, and Tetris! smitten.gif

I voted that I play once a week but it's really more whenever the mood strikes me or I find a really awesome game. Sometimes I won't pick up a controller for months but then I'll find a game I love and I'll play it all day every day until I beat it. I tend to like horror/fantasy games the most.

Here are some of the games I've played and loved in the past while, I've mostly been playing on PS3 and XBox 360:

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#10 Old 08-02-2012, 01:09 PM
I ♥ Vegan Guys ◕‿◕

Quote:
Originally Posted by veganmitch View Post

When I was a kid I thought Gohma, Volvagia, Morpha, Bongo Bongo, and Ganon were the most frightening things I had ever seen. But I just recently played through it again a couple months ago and I think they're quite charming. Legend of Zelda games have some very interesting characters, that's for sure. 

That's funny xD

They are quite charming really. I loved the fight with Morpha. Though I hated that water dungeon. I remember a one hidden room that kept me running around for hours wondering what to do...I finally had to look it up @[email protected] and I was like oh....tricky tricky.

#11 Old 08-02-2012, 01:12 PM
I ♥ Vegan Guys ◕‿◕

@ Werewolf girl, oh you have played alice madness returns xD I actually didn't like that one compared to the first one. The first one had more to do, more to explore, enemies were harder I feel, and I liked the overall environments more. The second one, there was little in the way of exploring. There were different paths but they really only lead to memories or the other collectibles. Each end goal was a clear path really. Not really a fan of those type of games, but glad you liked it ^_^

Oh and lol, I was watching my brother play prototype! Looks like so much fun! Running up walls and flying xD...yes so much violence and gore xD

#12 Old 08-02-2012, 01:13 PM
Veggie Regular

Anything that's fun to play (good nude mods are a plus lipsrsealed2.gif).
#13 Old 08-02-2012, 01:33 PM
Veggie Regular

Favourite of all time, definitely Arcanum ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arcanum:_Of_Steamworks_and_Magick_Obscura )

Top 5 would be then: Arcanum, Fallout 2, Morrowind, Ocarina of Time & Okami ( + Fallout New Vegas, Baldur's Gate 2, FF IX, Okami-den, Zelda: the Minishcap, Diablo II  - ok, that's a top 11, rather).

I'm very selective when it comes to playing, so I go for RPGs (mostly), hack n'slash, adventure and that's about it.

#14 Old 08-02-2012, 01:38 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:

@ Werewolf girl, oh you have played alice madness returns xD I actually didn't like that one compared to the first one. The first one had more to do, more to explore, enemies were harder I feel, and I liked the overall environments more. The second one, there was little in the way of exploring. There were different paths but they really only lead to memories or the other collectibles. Each end goal was a clear path really. Not really a fan of those type of games, but glad you liked it ^_^

Oh and lol, I was watching my brother play prototype! Looks like so much fun! Running up walls and flying xD...yes so much violence and gore xD

I haven't played the first one so much yet, I'll check it out though. The second one is a bit prettier to look at and I've been interested in the story so far, I love the twisted dark Alice in Wonderland thing.

And yes, Prototype is pretty brutal. What can I say, I'm a werewolf girl evil.gif

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#15 Old 08-02-2012, 01:45 PM
I ♥ Vegan Guys ◕‿◕

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post

I haven't played the first one so much yet, I'll check it out though. The second one is a bit prettier to look at and I've been interested in the story so far, I love the twisted dark Alice in Wonderland thing.
And yes, Prototype is pretty brutal. What can I say, I'm a werewolf girl evil.gif

Yes, the second one is prettier in terms of graphics and the story is great, but there is more free roam and more challenging puzzles in the first one :)

xD

#16 Old 08-02-2012, 01:47 PM
Super Moderator

I'll definitely play that one more, I know it's popular with a few of my friends IRL too smiley.gif

#17 Old 08-02-2012, 01:53 PM
Beginner

BioShock is an amazing game! I'm really looking forward to BioShock Infinite. It's being developed by the same group as the first game (BioShock 2 was a different company). I loved how the first used social and political commentary to help tell the story of Rapture. The new world in Infinite, Colombia, looks every bit as ridiculous and utopian/idealistic as Rapture.

Quote:

That's funny xD

They are quite charming really. I loved the fight with Morpha. Though I hated that water dungeon. I remember a one hidden room that kept me running around for hours wondering what to do...I finally had to look it up @[email protected] and I was like oh....tricky tricky.

The water dungeon was very difficult :P I don't think anyone had an easy time with it haha. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorham View Post

Anything that's fun to play (good nude mods are a plus lipsrsealed2.gif).

ahem, Skyrim? <_< pick-pocketing clothes off innocent NPCs...

#18 Old 08-02-2012, 04:05 PM
Zelda Freak

We are HUGE Zelda fans around here... REALLY huge. 

We make triforce cookies...

And the kid dresses up like link... every Halloween now for a few years.

I like Ocarina of Time best overall, forever. But skyward sword was super awesome too. Majora's Mask is also awesome, but my son likes that one the least.

For veggie kids (well, and anyone else), Plants vs. Zombies is really fun! The company who makes it sent it to me to review for an article a few years back and everyone at my house fell in love with it. 

I also really like Resident Evil 4 - except for Ashley of course. 

I wish I had more time to play, but lately I don't. Plus since I work on screens, I hate spending my free time on them. But, I do like to play. I go through addict-like and less addict-like periods. 

~ Jennifer

* Find VeggieBoards:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
 +

* Find me:
+
+
#19 Old 08-02-2012, 04:36 PM
I ♥ Vegan Guys ◕‿◕

LoL those are some great pics jennifer!!  Mmmmmm zelda cookies. That's a great Link costume :D Did he build that shield out of connex? Or whatever they are called xD Cool.

I'm not a huge zelda fan, but I have made some zelda PaperCrafts. If you don't know what they are. I highly suggest looking into them. They make great little decorations! You can make zelda models or any game models out of paper. (And you can always use scrap paper to print to be more eco friendly. Or if it's not a hard picce, you don't need to use any printer ink, and you can trace the outline of the template on your screen, and then color the paper in on your own. Then cut it out and put it together. That's what i did for this piece! Took so long to color it all in @[email protected]

400 It looks cooler on my wall xD This Template Is By NinjaToes.  http://ninjatoes.wordpress.com/2006/07/11/the-legend-of-zelda-majoras-mask/

400 This one I printed on the backs on old scrap notebook paper, but still used printer ink. Someone named Xenon I think made this.  It can be found here: http://hyrulepapercraft.blogspot.com/2009/09/poe.html

I tried to make a chu chu....but it didn't go over so well. I ended up destroying it -.-

And oh yes, plants v zombies is pretty fun. Not a bad game to play when you are bored or need to kill some time!

#20 Old 08-02-2012, 10:13 PM
Beginner

Triforce cookies... so jealous. I know what I want for my birthday cake!

#21 Old 08-02-2012, 10:57 PM
Zelda Freak

Quote:

LoL those are some great pics jennifer!!  Mmmmmm zelda cookies. That's a great Link costume :D Did he build that shield out of connex? Or whatever they are called xD Cool.

I'm not a huge zelda fan, but I have made some zelda PaperCrafts. If you don't know what they are. I highly suggest looking into them. They make great little decorations! You can make zelda models or any game models out of paper. (And you can always use scrap paper to print to be more eco friendly. Or if it's not a hard picce, you don't need to use any printer ink, and you can trace the outline of the template on your screen, and then color the paper in on your own. Then cut it out and put it together. That's what i did for this piece! Took so long to color it all in @[email protected]

400 It looks cooler on my wall xD This Template Is By NinjaToes.  http://ninjatoes.wordpress.com/2006/07/11/the-legend-of-zelda-majoras-mask/

Paper crafts are SO hard. We've tried a bunch of Zelda ones and some Totoro and others too. It's hard, because in most cases no one thinks instructions might be useful. Folding paper right is way harder than it looks. Your mask turned out awesome though! My son made one out of some homemade organic play dough we made... It didn't turn out quite so good. 

Quote:

Triforce cookies... so jealous. I know what I want for my birthday cake!

We made zelda cupcakes for Cedar's birthday too, oh and pretzels (see below - they were a bit funky) - so yeah, a zelda cake would be a great idea. If you google "zelda cake" you'll be totally amazed at some of the stuff people come up with. 

~ Jennifer

* Find VeggieBoards:

+

* Find me:
+
+
#22 Old 08-02-2012, 11:01 PM
Zelda Freak

Quote:

Oh, yeah. Cedar used K'nex to make the shield and he made the sword with recycled cardboard. He also recycled a little glass bottle and stuck a paper fairy in it for Navi plus made clay rupees. The kid is really obsessed. It was his "eco-friendly reuse" link costume. 

~ Jennifer

* Find VeggieBoards:

+

* Find me:
+
+
#23 Old 08-02-2012, 11:18 PM
I ♥ Vegan Guys ◕‿◕

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer C View Post

Paper crafts are SO hard. We've tried a bunch of Zelda ones and some Totoro and others too. It's hard, because in most cases no one thinks instructions might be useful. Folding paper right is way harder than it looks. Your mask turned out awesome though! My son made one out of some homemade organic play dough we made... It didn't turn out quite so good. 

You both should try the papercraft mask! I think he'd really like it. It's the easiest paper craft I have done. I cut everything out and it was easy to figure out how the pieces go. (comes with simple instructions too, not many steps) They kinda just fell into place :P  That's better than a mask I could do out of clay....I learned in my clay classes that me and clay don't get along @[email protected]

The poe was semi easy. It got hard getting to the hands and attatching the lantern but other than that. I'm happy with it ^_^ If you are looking for more easier papercrafts, there are some simple, chibi link papercrafts floating around :)

#24 Old 08-02-2012, 11:20 PM
I ♥ Vegan Guys ◕‿◕

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer C View Post

Oh, yeah. Cedar used K'nex to make the shield and he made the sword with recycled cardboard. He also recycled a little glass bottle and stuck a paper fairy in it for Navi plus made clay rupees. The kid is really obsessed. It was his "eco-friendly reuse" link costume. 

And that's how a costume should be! Eco friendly, love it!  I kinda always feel bad for those fairies that you trap in bottles though :( I don't have the heart to make a papercraft of a sad fairy trapped in a bottle. xD

#25 Old 08-02-2012, 11:49 PM
Zelda Freak

Quote:

And that's how a costume should be! Eco friendly, love it!  I kinda always feel bad for those fairies that you trap in bottles though :( I don't have the heart to make a papercraft of a sad fairy trapped in a bottle. xD

I don't know... if someone was always hollering, "HEY listen" at you, while you storm around doing all the work, it's possible you'd stick them in a bottle ;)

~ Jennifer

* Find VeggieBoards:

+

* Find me:
+
+
#26 Old 08-03-2012, 12:38 AM
Veggie Regular

xcom: ufo defense

* This post may contain pork, beef and fingers of undocumented workers. This post was manufactured in a facility that processes peanuts.
#27 Old 08-03-2012, 02:00 AM
Veggie Regular

The Ultimate Monster Wargame, covers the whole pacific theater and beyond, china, austrlia, india, west US coast, and a little beyond with some cities of the african coast and london, you can control every single plane and ship individually, a full campaign with one day turns can easelly last over a year before being finished.

Best RPG ever, steampunk, elves with flamethrowers, orcs with grenades, sniper dwarves with their mechanical healing spiders... and sandbox, non linear. Basically the industrial revolution in a magical world.

Dwarf Fortress, one of the most complex and deep games ever, take care of a colony of dwarves building their fortress, defend from goblins, make arrows with their bones, pump magma from the deep to throw on the elve, beware of the ant men and dragons in the deep, be afraid of the madness wich your dwarf will endure if his cat got killed, possibly going on a killings spree. Oh and beware of the unicorns too

Have Fun.

https://
https://www.autistici.org/en/index.html  https://riseup.net/en

https://pay.reddit.com/r/privacy/wiki/index

#28 Old 08-03-2012, 02:53 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegan cyberpunk View Post

Best RPG ever, steampunk, elves with flamethrowers, orcs with grenades, sniper dwarves with their mechanical healing spiders... and sandbox, non linear. Basically the industrial revolution in a magical world.

Glad to find another Arcanum lover on this board. It is, indeed, the best RPG ever!

#29 Old 08-03-2012, 10:41 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

ahem, Skyrim? <_< pick-pocketing clothes off innocent NPCs...
Not good enough. I want invisible armors laugh.gif
#30 Old 08-04-2012, 12:18 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezebel View Post

Glad to find another Arcanum lover on this board. It is, indeed, the best RPG ever!

OMG ARCANUM! I LOVED THAT GAME.

Although, I am also extremely fond of the Mass Effect trilogy. Also, Fable II/III, Ultima VII (pt 1 and 2), LucasArts point and click adventure games (such as Sam and Max and the Monkey Island series), the Fallout series (though New Vegas wasn't as interesting to me for some reason). Oh, and the little known White Wolf's Vampire: The Masquerade RPG "Bloodlines". OH, and Baldur's Gate/Neverwinter Nights.

I am playing Diablo III right now, for the cheevos, and I used to be a WoW raider.

I always wonder about people who say they "love" animals, but continue to eat meat. If that's your idea of love, I question what sort of twisted world view you must have.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page