Torchwood - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 08-20-2011, 12:43 PM
Veggie Regular

I have seen the old and now watching the new starz one. I am so totally loving it. I mean a world when no one dies.

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."
 Marilyn Monroe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-23-2011, 03:38 AM
Veggie Regular

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I'm enjoying it, but the nature of the miracle is so inconsistent, it's really frustrating. With shows like this, it's best to just sit back and enjoy it scratch a little below the surface and nothing actually makes sense. But here it is, people are not just not dead, they're SO alive, women with broken necks can walk. Man is blown up and retains consciousness. Detached arms can move. Then suddenly loads of people are in comas, unlikely to wake up. I just don't understand what is so objectionable about incinerating people who are never going to wake up. That's not a concentration camp, it just makes sense in a world where people don't stop breathing.

Are they healing? That's something that hasn't been explained, it's kind of a vital point.
#3 Old 08-26-2011, 07:52 AM
Veggie Regular

I should probably not read this thread - I love Torchwood, but I haven't seen Miracle Day yet because I'm waiting for my partner to catch up. I only have to agonize through Children of Earth again (HELP!!!) and then I can watch Miracle Day.

life's not a paragraph
and death i think is no paranthesis
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 08-27-2011, 02:50 PM
Beginner

I was a big fan of Torchwood, I really enjoyed the first few series, so was looking forward to this new series. But oh dear, never been so bored :-( I watched the whole of episode 1 as I'd been looking forward to it, and seen maybe 10 mins of episode's 2 and 3 in case it picked up. But no. Look, if I wanted to watch people sitting around and talking all the time I'd watch BBC Parliament.

A real shame.

TTFN,
Jon
#5 Old 08-28-2011, 11:56 AM
Veggie Regular

I'm afraid I agree with you, Duke, the new series is not a patch on the old ones :-(

I'm still watching it as I'm intrigued to see where it's going but it's overly long. Would have made a better 6-parter.
#6 Old 08-28-2011, 12:05 PM
Veggie Regular

Torchwood has been fan****intastic up until this latest series which appears to be made to appeal to the US market .... always a recipe for disaster ....

auto correct can kiss my ask
#7 Old 08-30-2011, 01:44 PM

I love Torchwood. I was so disappointed after losing Ianto in the last season, and I haven't really gotten attached to any of the new characters. Conceptually, I am really enjoying the plot. But I'm behind...

"The story of each stone leads back to a mountain."
 W.S. Merwin
#8 Old 08-30-2011, 01:49 PM
Veggie Regular

I miss Ianto

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page