Hard Rock, Metal, Industrial, Goth, etc. - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 02-09-2011, 05:12 AM
Veggie Regular

I searched through posts and found a Punk thread but not one dedicated to, well, hard rock, metal, industrial, goth, etc. music. I put them all together because here are so many fusion bands out there that cross over and I did not want to exclude them. I love exploring new bands and I thought this would be a great place where we could post the harder and darker stuff and explore great new music that may not be that well known. Anyone else out there interested in this type of music?

Mods, if this already exists, I apologize, just send me the link and close this thread.

ÂNothing can cure the soul but the senses, just as nothing can cure the senses but the soul. - Oscar Wilde
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-09-2011, 05:22 AM
Veggie Regular

I think this is a great idea. I love finding new music.
Sorry if im listing things you have heard of but a few of my favourites are:
Abney Park(industrial/steampunk)
Bella Morte
Emilie Autumn
Johnny Hollow
#3 Old 02-09-2011, 05:43 AM
Veggie Regular

Have not heard of Bella Morte, will have to check it out.
My current (they change every few weeks) faves are:
The Agonist
Slot or Слот (original name)
The Birthday Massacre
Frightdoll
Scarling
Louna
Ciryam

ÂNothing can cure the soul but the senses, just as nothing can cure the senses but the soul. - Oscar Wilde
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 02-09-2011, 07:05 AM
Veggie Regular

I love scarling and TBM. Will probably check out Frightdoll. Sounds interesting
#5 Old 02-09-2011, 07:28 AM
Veggie Regular

I am not good at keeping up with this music but I do enjoy getting dressed up and going out dancing at the goth club.

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."
 Marilyn Monroe
#6 Old 02-09-2011, 07:30 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuicideBlonde View Post

I am not good at keeping up with this music but I do enjoy getting dressed up and going out dancing at the goth club.

Your from Tampa, right? I have always wanted to go to the Castle but my plans have always fallen apart.

I don't try to keep up with trends but YouTube is a great way to find new music.

#7 Old 02-09-2011, 07:38 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkwingDuckie View Post

Your from Tampa, right? I have always wanted to go to the Castle but my plans have always fallen apart.

I don't try to keep up with trends but YouTube is a great way to find new music.

Attachment 14484
{from NYE}
Yes Tampa Girl! Well if you wanna go with me! I go once every few months (or so) because I cant deal with much of the drama sometimes. And well its nice to hear from my friends there "OMG I have not seen you in so long". I was in a few "shows" there in my younger days and am thinking about trying to get back into them. I just love going dressed up in almost nothing and dancing around like a fool! And there are the "regulars" who intimate some but are really good people.
LL

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."
 Marilyn Monroe
#8 Old 02-09-2011, 07:50 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuicideBlonde View Post

Attachment 14484
{from NYE}
Yes Tampa Girl! Well if you wanna go with me! I go once every few months (or so) because I cant deal with much of the drama sometimes. And well its nice to hear from my friends there "OMG I have not seen you in so long". I was in a few "shows" there in my younger days and am thinking about trying to get back into them. I just love going dressed up in almost nothing and dancing around like a fool! And there are the "regulars" who intimate some but are really good people.

That is such a cute picture. I should be in Tampa again beginning of March. This weekend I am going to Orlando for the Industrial Music Festival (so excited!).

#9 Old 02-09-2011, 08:04 AM
Veggie Regular

Listening to some old stuff...The Gathering, In Motion from Mandylion. I can sing this song very well, actually. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqJ2V4cy8G8

"Yes! Live! Life's a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" Auntie Mame
#10 Old 02-09-2011, 11:09 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by *AHIMSA* View Post

Listening to some old stuff...The Gathering, In Motion from Mandylion. I can sing this song very well, actually. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqJ2V4cy8G8

That is a really wesome song, thank you for sharing!

#11 Old 02-09-2011, 11:19 AM
Veggie Regular

I am currently obsessed with this song!

And here are the translated lyrics: http://www.allthelyrics.com/forum/ru...n/78022-a.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nGoDczEL0U&feature=fvwrel

#12 Old 02-10-2011, 07:57 PM
Super Moderator

My musical tastes are pretty all over the place but I do lean towards the darker stuff, a lot of my favourite musicians fall into these genres.

Examples:

Rasputina
Emilie Autumn
Birthday Massacre
Bauhaus
Siouxsie and the Banshees
The Cure
Fields of the Nephilim
Sisters of Mercy
Skinny Puppy (Canadian!)
Nine Inch Nails
Marilyn Manson
A Perfect Circle
Tool
Puscifer
Aphex Twin
Opeth
Dethklok
Rammstein

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#13 Old 02-10-2011, 08:28 PM
Ira
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkwingDuckie View Post

I am currently obsessed with this song!

And here are the translated lyrics: http://www.allthelyrics.com/forum/ru...n/78022-a.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nGoDczEL0U&feature=fvwrel

Oh yeah, slot are awesome

I am a big fan of NDH style (neue deutsche haerte aka. "new german hardness".)
This would be

Rammstein
Megaherz
Ooomph
Eisbrecher
#14 Old 02-10-2011, 08:51 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post

My musical tastes are pretty all over the place but I do lean towards the darker stuff, a lot of my favourite musicians fall into these genres.

Examples:

Rasputina
Emilie Autumn
Birthday Massacre
Bauhaus
Siouxsie and the Banshees
The Cure
Fields of the Nephilim
Sisters of Mercy
Skinny Puppy (Canadian!)
Nine Inch Nails
Marilyn Manson
A Perfect Circle
Tool
Puscifer
Aphex Twin
Opeth
Dethklok
Rammstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ira View Post

Oh yeah, slot are awesome

I am a big fan of NDH style (neue deutsche haerte aka. "new german hardness".)
This would be

Rammstein
Megaherz
Ooomph
Eisbrecher

Ohh, there are a couple new bands here that I do not recognize. Must hang out on YouTube and explore!! So exited!!

Oh, and I compeltely love Tool videos.

#15 Old 02-10-2011, 11:40 PM
Veggie Regular

I know this is punk but I thought it was such a cool song!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTh55PEcFkU&playnext=1&list=PL77AA3676FB33 2EE1

#16 Old 02-11-2011, 09:41 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm going to see this band in concert soon:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukZZMafro9E
#17 Old 02-13-2011, 01:14 AM
Veggie Regular

@das_nut - I really enjoyed Finntroll... will look up more of their stuff... Thank you!!! And have so much fun at the concert!!

This is Industrial but the music video had be laughing so hard I almost fell out of my chair!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNAdtkSjSps&feature=related

#18 Old 02-13-2011, 03:26 AM
Veggie Regular

I just discovered them and am already in love!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlhbrEMX7mM&feature=fvw

#19 Old 02-15-2011, 08:14 PM
Veggie Regular

I'd recommend "20 Years of Nuclear Blast". It's a 4 disk compilation by the label Nuclear Blast.

All different artists. It's worth a listen.

They had this Deathstars song on it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUuE8jMMxCQ
#20 Old 02-22-2011, 11:39 AM
Veggie Regular

Sunno))))
Cradle of Filth
Burzum
Emperor
Dimmu Borgir

All heavy and dark and perfect for anger management.

There is no such thing as truth. People who really know what happened aren't talking. And the people who don't have a clue, you can't shut them up. - Tom Waits
#21 Old 02-22-2011, 12:59 PM
Veggie Regular

Love Finntroll and folk metal in general! Used to see these guys a lot when I lived in Moscow...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N06rmJnt9wo sorry if the beer belly shots put anyone off their dinner. But they are an absolutely brilliant band.
I'm quite an elderly goth and don't get to dress up and go clubbing much these days. I like all the old stuff from the 80s and at the moment am also nuts about the German band Deine Lakaien - I've just been over to see them in Germany.
#22 Old 02-23-2011, 06:24 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedalus View Post

Sunno))))
Cradle of Filth
Burzum
Emperor
Dimmu Borgir

All heavy and dark and perfect for anger management.

The older stuff of most of these is very good. except Burzum (can't hack em cuz Varg is a douche). You should add Satyricon and older Opeth to this lot as well.

Here's something older and great:

The Swans
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OK1kDLj8MM&feature=related

The Big Bad.
#23 Old 02-23-2011, 11:08 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by unovegan View Post

The older stuff of most of these is very good. except Burzum (can't hack em cuz Varg is a douche). You should add Satyricon and older Opeth to this lot as well.

Oh I LOVE The Swans! Don't have near enough of their stuff. I just recently got into Opeth - downloaded two of their records - both pretty good. Satyricon I have always been meaning to check out. Recommend me a good starting point.

RE: Burzum - I hear ya on Varg. However, Filosofem is a really great record, notwithstanding. The others are mostly unlistenable. But that kinda got me into other bands - so I gave him the shout-out.

Good to see you back around these parts brother!

There is no such thing as truth. People who really know what happened aren't talking. And the people who don't have a clue, you can't shut them up. - Tom Waits
#24 Old 02-23-2011, 11:51 AM
Banned

I've never really listened to this style of music before, but I enjoyed all the Youtube videos linked. Some even gave me a pretty big rush/intense goosebumps.
One question though, what's up with the gas masks and goggles?
#25 Old 02-23-2011, 03:49 PM

Awesome. I really loved The Swans video that was posted! It's like an atmospheric Screaming Trees.

You guys should check out Totimoshi- Cellophane. This site doesn't support the link becasue it's on Myspace...which sucks....but here is the address for the video!
http://www.myspace.com/video/vid/37543846
#26 Old 02-23-2011, 06:09 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Emperor gets a free pass?

Varg is horrible (and out of prison now, I have read), but Emperor is in the same category.

As for Opeth, their non-metal album is one of my favorites. Nice sad album.
#27 Old 02-23-2011, 07:00 PM
Veggie Regular

#28 Old 02-23-2011, 07:03 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by das_nut View Post

Emperor gets a free pass?

Varg is horrible (and out of prison now, I have read), but Emperor is in the same category.

As for Opeth, their non-metal album is one of my favorites. Nice sad album.

There is some Emperor that i've liked. i'm picky though. I really liked Opeth's 'My Arms'. it's cute.

I just finished a documentary about the whole fun church burnings, suicide and murders in Norway. Interesting and lots of interviews with Varg. He's still a fool.

The Big Bad.
#29 Old 02-23-2011, 09:30 PM
Veggie Regular

big fan of industrial but i tend to only listen to older industrial. the newer industrial stuff just isn't my thing. skinny puppy is my absolutely favorite band and love all their side projects too. i tend to listen to industrial and experimental and some older goth stuff. some of my favorites are: einsturzende neubauten, coil, ministry, kmfdm, throbbing gristle (and anything genesis p-orridge related), legendary pink dots (that's more dark psychedelic though), aphex twin, venetian snares, foetus, lustmord, dead voices on air, pigface, pig, terrorfakt, etc. i still do love metal but usually 90s metal. i guess i'm just stuck in the 80s and 90s mostly.

http://www.butikiteas.com
#30 Old 02-24-2011, 10:24 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

There is some Emperor that i've liked. i'm picky though. I really liked Opeth's 'My Arms'. it's cute.

I just finished a documentary about the whole fun church burnings, suicide and murders in Norway. Interesting and lots of interviews with Varg. He's still a fool.

I believe there are a few documentaries - I've seen 'Until the Light Takes Us' which was a little disappointing. However the novel 'Lords of Chaos' really gives a thorough account of the whole black metal scene in Norway - it is truly fascinating. Varg's twisted logic is really bizarre. His retelling of the murder of Euronymous is just flat out ridiculous. Makes no sense at all. But you can tell he really believes the story himself.

I think Das is referring to Emperor's association with Faust.

The records of I have of theirs do not have Faust on drums. So I get a pass for that one, eh? Please?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page