Quotes! - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 02-01-2011, 01:41 AM

Anything someone's said/written/sung that has struck you and you feel others could enjoy?! Be it serious, funny, inspirational, or just clever...share it! Someone else may enjoy it as much as you have!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-01-2011, 02:11 AM

I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.
- Mark Twain

I smoke. If this bothers anyone, I suggest you look around at the world in which we live and shut your [email protected]$*%# mouth.
- Bill Hicks

I'm all for women who get plastic surgery. Plastic surgery allows you to make your outer appearance resemble your inner appearance...fake.
- Daniel Tosh

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.
- Jimi Hendrix
#3 Old 02-01-2011, 02:28 AM
Super Moderator

"Dogs ****ed the pope, no fault of mine."
- Hunter S. Thompson

"Surrealism had a great effect on me because then I realized that the imagery in my mind wasn't insanity. Surrealism to me is reality."
- John Lennon

"Get up, eat jelly sandwich bars and barbed wire, squash every week into a day."
- Peter Murphy

"Each year (week, day) feels progressively shorter in the context of one's life: when you're 4 years old, a year is 25% of your life. When you're 40 it's 2.5% of your life. I think a year might feel twice as long to a 19 year old as it does to a 38 year old, possibly less. Using that math, a year feels less than 3 months long to a 76 year old. Old age picks up speed, and you're dead before you know it."
- Unknown

"If a being suffers, there can be no moral justification for refusing to take that suffering into consideration."
- Earthlings

"The desire to fit in so as to avoid conflict is probably one of the most destructive of human traits."
- Unknown

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 02-01-2011, 02:36 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUgugalizer View Post

I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.
- Mark Twain

I smoke. If this bothers anyone, I suggest you look around at the world in which we live and shut your [email protected]$*%# mouth.
- Bill Hicks

I'm all for women who get plastic surgery. Plastic surgery allows you to make your outer appearance resemble your inner appearance...fake.
- Daniel Tosh

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.
- Jimi Hendrix

All awesome, some of my faves! I hadn't heard the Daniel Tosh one though, that made me giggle

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#5 Old 02-01-2011, 05:25 AM
Veggie Regular

"Remember, terrorism is the surgical strike capability of the oppressed!"
~T-shirt Terrorist, Slacker

“We need another and a wiser and perhaps a more mystical concept of animals. Remote from universal nature, and living by complicated artifice, man in civilization surveys the creature through the glass of his knowledge and sees thereby a feather magnified and the whole image in distortion. We patronize them for their incompleteness, for their tragic fate of having taken form so far below ourselves. And therein we err, and greatly err. For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older and more complete than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear. They are not brethren, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendour and travail of the earth.”
~Henry Beston (and it's in Earthlings, though I actually heard it first on Gather's album...)

"Feminism is the radical notion that women are human beings."
~Cheris Kramarae

'All is for all! If the man and the woman bear their fair share of work, they have a right to their fair share of all that is produced by all, and that share is enough to secure them well-being. No more of such vague formulas as "The Right to work," or "To each the whole result of his labour." What we proclaim is THE RIGHT TO WELL-BEING: WELL-BEING FOR ALL!'
~Peter Kropotkin, 'The Conquest of Bread'

"Beauty plus pity — that is the closest we can get to a definition of art."
~Vladimir Nabokov

"You would think that pot had some kind of power; I mean come on, it’s a
plant, not a reason for living. Controlled by a plant, how hilarious. A
plant! A ****ing plant!"
~ Henry Rollins

In this grand illusion of entitlement to life / Our 'need' is a mask for our greed and it's not right /
We are executioners who parade ourselves as kings / As selfish and deluded as the blood-bathed Bathory. ~Kingdom, 'Bathory' xVx
#6 Old 02-01-2011, 07:29 AM
Veggie Regular

Once again:

never trust a man in a blue trench coat
never drive a car when you're dead

-Tom Waits

"and I stand

upon a mountain

made of weak and useless men"

#7 Old 02-01-2011, 12:43 PM
Veggie Regular

If you can do a half-assed job of anything, you're a one-eyed man in the kingdom of the blind. - Kurt Vonnegut

Faith is believing in what you know can't possibly be true. - Mark Twain

There is no such thing as truth. People who really know what happened aren't talking. And the people who don't have a clue, you can't shut them up. - Tom Waits
#8 Old 02-03-2011, 02:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post

"Dogs ****ed the pope, no fault of mine."
- Hunter S. Thompson

"Surrealism had a great effect on me because then I realized that the imagery in my mind wasn't insanity. Surrealism to me is reality."
- John Lennon

"Get up, eat jelly sandwich bars and barbed wire, squash every week into a day."
- Peter Murphy

"Each year (week, day) feels progressively shorter in the context of one's life: when you're 4 years old, a year is 25% of your life. When you're 40 it's 2.5% of your life. I think a year might feel twice as long to a 19 year old as it does to a 38 year old, possibly less. Using that math, a year feels less than 3 months long to a 76 year old. Old age picks up speed, and you're dead before you know it."
- Unknown

"If a being suffers, there can be no moral justification for refusing to take that suffering into consideration."
- Earthlings

"The desire to fit in so as to avoid conflict is probably one of the most destructive of human traits."
- Unknown

And these are some of mine! Specifically Hunter and John.

Also Dedalus, love the Twain!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page