A poll for the gamers. - VeggieBoards
View Poll Results: What do you play games on the most?
PC 12 50.00%
Playstation 3 1 4.17%
Xbox 360 6 25.00%
Wii 0 0%
Mobile Device/ Hand-held Console 0 0%
Older model Console (SNES/PS1/ATARI etc) 5 20.83%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 01-18-2011, 01:17 AM
Veggie Regular

How do you like to game? I was wondering which of the following you use the most for gaming. I use almost all of them myself at one point or another, but which do you use the most.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-18-2011, 01:32 AM
Veggie Regular

I have an Xbox 360 (just got the Kinect receiver as well) and a Wii, but I rarely turn the Wii on. I used to play all my games on the PC, but only play Sims 3 on that these days.

I just have one of those faces. People come up to me and say, "What's wrong?" Nothing. "Well, it takes more energy to frown than it does to smile." Yeah, you know it takes more energy to point that out than it does to leave me alone? -Bill Hicks
#3 Old 01-18-2011, 02:02 AM
Veggie Regular

I'm the same with the Wii. I have a PS3, PC set up for gaming and a Wii and the Wii is hardly ever used. It doesn't seem as reliable as other consoles. I have had some issues with it not working.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 01-18-2011, 03:53 AM
Veggie Regular

Older Model.

I have a FC Twin. (although I think I'm going to replace it soon, it's a stubborn thing) Which plays NES and SNES games.

I also have the first Playstation and a Gamecube with the Game Boy Player attached to it so I can play older Game Boy games. I also enjoy using emulators, especially for SNES games that I can't find.

Am always behind when it comes to the newest stuff...I may soon be finally getting a DS. I like coming late in the game because everything is cheaper!!
#5 Old 01-18-2011, 04:06 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her Jazz View Post

Older Model.

I have a FC Twin. (although I think I'm going to replace it soon, it's a stubborn thing) Which plays NES and SNES games.

I also have the first Playstation and a Gamecube with the Game Boy Player attached to it so I can play older Game Boy games. I also enjoy using emulators, especially for SNES games that I can't find.

Am always behind when it comes to the newest stuff...I may soon be finally getting a DS. I like coming late in the game because everything is cheaper!!

I hear that! It's insane how much prices go down. My BF always wants to get everything right when it comes out because he's all excited and I try to explain that if we wait a few months we could save over 100 dollars but alas, in one ear and out the other when it comes to boys and toys.

I play Xbox 360 primarily these days and we just got Kinect for it, but back in the day I used to play nothing but older systems. I'm still in love with SNES and used to play Mariokart and Kirby's Avalanche daily, and I love Sega mostly for Sonic and Star Fox.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#6 Old 01-18-2011, 04:39 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her Jazz View Post

I like coming late in the game because everything is cheaper!!

I totally understand that as well. Whenever a new game is released everyone rushes in to buy it. I usually end up buying it half a year or even a year later and end up saving so much money, usually around $60 or more! Sure by the time I play a game there are usually already sequels for it out but I still enjoy the game so what's the rush?
#7 Old 01-18-2011, 06:37 AM
Veggie Regular

ROMs of old games, since they're stored safely away. So technically PC but I chose 'old model.'

In this grand illusion of entitlement to life / Our 'need' is a mask for our greed and it's not right /
We are executioners who parade ourselves as kings / As selfish and deluded as the blood-bathed Bathory. ~Kingdom, 'Bathory' xVx
#8 Old 01-18-2011, 06:53 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post

I play Xbox 360 primarily these days and we just got Kinect for it, but back in the day I used to play nothing but older systems. I'm still in love with SNES and used to play Mariokart and Kirby's Avalanche daily, and I love Sega mostly for Sonic and Star Fox.

I LOVE Sonic games. They are an addiction.

Actually, Kirby is pretty addicting as well.
#9 Old 01-18-2011, 07:35 AM
Veggie Regular

Used to play a lot on the 360, but then my gold membership ran out and I'm too lazy to buy more.

So nowadays I play most of my games on the PC.

"Hell exists not to punish sinners, but to ensure that nobody sins in the first place."
#10 Old 01-18-2011, 12:51 PM
Veggie Regular

Most games on PC, some DS too but thats more "boredom solving silly games on bus" than proper gaming. I play on my friends Xbox/PS3 a lot but wouldnt get enough use out of it at home to warrant buying one
#11 Old 01-18-2011, 12:54 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kappa View Post

ROMs of old games, since they're stored safely away. So technically PC but I chose 'old model.'

This but I chose PC. I use DOSBox and Steam (for newer games). Have an NES emulator but I didn't like it that much, so I seldom use it.

"you know, nowhere in the bible does it say that jesus was not a raptor"

www.animal-adoptions.org

#12 Old 01-18-2011, 02:46 PM
Veggie Regular

I generally play my PS2 and Gamecube(there's so many games I missed that I can get for really cheap now). Or, at least I did before I brainlessly left the AV cord within gnawing distance of my rabbit about a month ago.

Lately, I've been on my PC a lot, playing an MMO and the emulators. I occasionally use my 360, but I haven't touched my PSP in months. Anyhow, I chose "old model."

"A-yup. Ya wasted yer life, son"

- Old Man
#13 Old 01-18-2011, 06:27 PM
Veggie Regular

Does anyone use emulators on their phone? I just got an HTC Legend mobile phone and put a GBA Emulator on it. I already have three versions of Pokemon, Super Mario world and a few Zelda games on it. Works pretty well and so much fun to have those games on my phone all the time.
#14 Old 01-18-2011, 07:05 PM

I only use my PC. The last console I bought was a PS2, and that a decade ago.
#15 Old 01-18-2011, 09:24 PM
Veggie Regular

PC for TES IV: Oblivion and WoW
Xbox360 for COD MW 2, Halo Reach, Fable III, Burnout: Revenge, AC Brotherhood, and of course Fallout New Vegas!
Wii for Epic Mickey

There are no reasons to not go vegan, only excuses.
#16 Old 01-20-2011, 08:54 AM
Veggie Regular

I guess OTB would count as an "older console", so that got my vote. I'm guessing most of you won't have any idea what I'm talking about.

But I also play chess on the internet, so PC would be my second choice.

--Fromper
#17 Old 01-20-2011, 09:33 AM
Veggie Regular

We have the Xbox 360 and original playstation. Mostly on those I play games like Fable, Two Worlds, Guitar Hero and Spyro lol.

Usually though we are on the computer - I play EverQuest II and hubby plays Warhammer. We just amped up our computer with a new video card and 2 more gigs of RAM, so hopefully no more crashing to desktop or lag until death.

"Words offer the means to meaning, and for those who will listen, the enunciation of truth. And the truth is, there is something terribly wrong with this country, isn't there? Cruelty and injustice, intolerance and oppression. And where once you had the freedom to object, think, and speak as you...
#18 Old 02-08-2011, 07:42 AM
Beginner

on PC: World of Warcraft (got the collectors edition of Cataclysm , Starcraft II, Oblivion

Wii: Harvest Moon (Animal Parade and Tree of Tranquility), Wii Fit Plus, Wii Sports & Sports Resort, EA Sports Active... and I love that I can play my GameCube game: Dance Dance Mario.

I'd like to say I'm more active and therefore use my Wii fitness games more than my computer games... but it wouldn't be true at the moment.
#19 Old 02-08-2011, 08:16 AM

Nowadays, I do most gaming on Xbox 360.

Used to be PC before I got one, though.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page