#61 Old 12-07-2010, 05:07 AM
Veggie Regular

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 Old 12-07-2010, 08:36 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AspireToInspire View Post

My husband just read that Terriers has been cancelled.

Yeah, I just saw it got canceled on my favorite TV Blog. That blogger had love for Terriers too.

As one commenter said, "And yet “Two and a Half Men” is raking in the viewers. **** you, America."

I hate people who suck at watching good TV. I hope they all turn into zombies so I can cut their heads off with enthusiasm.
#63 Old 12-07-2010, 08:42 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semicharmed View Post

I hate people who suck at watching good TV. I hope they all turn into zombies so I can cut their heads off with enthusiasm.

Better have your own katana, you can't borrow mine.

I just have one of those faces. People come up to me and say, "What's wrong?" Nothing. "Well, it takes more energy to frown than it does to smile." Yeah, you know it takes more energy to point that out than it does to leave me alone? -Bill Hicks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#64 Old 12-07-2010, 09:58 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Yeah, I just saw it got canceled on my favorite TV Blog. That blogger had love for Terriers too.

As one commenter said, "And yet “Two and a Half Men” is raking in the viewers. **** you, America."

I will NEVER understand this. That show SUCKS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by exiled_expatriate View Post

It's possible that Dr. Jenner witnessed Shane's attempt and relayed it with the whisper in Rick's ear. Also, with Shane's previous temptation to shoot Rick in the woods, everything is coming to a head and things can't be kept quietly for much longer.

That's another theory I heard but I doubt it. I think he would go batsh*t crazy on Shane's ass ASAP if that were the case.

I'm also perfectly fine with the deaths in the last episode. I understand why they did what they did and didn't really care much for the one chick that stayed. Now if Dale had stayed..I would've been pissed.
#65 Old 12-07-2010, 11:22 AM
Administrator

We haven't watched the finale yet so I'm going to post this and bolt!

Quote:
'The Walking Dead' finale breaks ratings records

The ratings for "The Walking Dead's" just-ended first season have been such that perhaps AMC is wishing that it had lasted more than just six weeks.

The anticipation for the season finale garnered six million viewers, according to the network, and it received the highest ratings of any basic cable show, ever, in the all-important 18-49 demographic.

To put those numbers into perspective, October's season finale of "Mad Men" had an audience of 2.44 million, according to TVbytheNumbers.com.

Full story...

http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2010/12...ecords/?hpt=T2

Follow me on Twitter - @_jorts
#66 Old 12-11-2010, 03:09 PM
Veggie Regular

Does anyone ever enter the codes after each episode in hopes of becoming a walk-on zombie? It'd be amazing to be a part of the production.
#67 Old 12-11-2010, 06:15 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Does anyone ever enter the codes after each episode in hopes of becoming a walk-on zombie? It'd be amazing to be a part of the production.

No...but I did read this crap :http://videogum.com/253902/ugh-alert...g-dead/cameos/
#68 Old 12-11-2010, 06:33 PM
Veggie Regular

#69 Old 12-13-2010, 06:02 AM
American Made, Rebel Born

wow, no more walking dead for us.

i also have a sinking feeling that next season is going to blow major, i can't believe they fired every single writer. idiots. they should just get the creator to write every show, since the one he did write was the best of the whole god damn season (when the zombies come into the camp).

cry havoc! and let slip the dogs of war.
#70 Old 12-13-2010, 06:04 AM
American Made, Rebel Born

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pariah View Post

There's a couple theories floating around on the IMDB message board, but I think they both suck. One's just stupid, the other is kinda stupid and wouldn't have anywhere near the gravity of a "shocker."

Since they're only theories:

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
One is that he told Rick that everyone who dies comes back, regardless of whether or not they were bitten. This is stupid to the point that I will stop watching the show if it turns out to be the BIG SECRET, since any of them dying of natural causes ain't very likely. The other theory is that he discovered Lori is pregnant. I don't think that would be particularly shocking, even in the unlikely event he would check for pregnancy in addition to looking for the virus.

agree totally, but there are still natural deaths that can happen -- what about all the old people in the 'vatos' episode? they will die a natural death.

cry havoc! and let slip the dogs of war.
#71 Old 12-20-2010, 11:54 PM
Veggie Regular

ooh, those spoilers are pretty intriguing.
i love this show and am so glad i dvr-ed all six eps.
look forward to when they come out with the dvd.

short condensed zombielove history: hated zombies. never watched any movies to do with them. then i read World War Z. the end.

carpe vegiem
#72 Old 12-21-2010, 12:01 AM
Veggie Regular

#73 Old 12-21-2010, 12:19 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Looks like there's an upcoming movie based on that novel.

it should be EPIC! can't wait.

carpe vegiem
#74 Old 12-21-2010, 05:39 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadeaway1289 View Post

No...but I did read this crap :http://videogum.com/253902/ugh-alert...g-dead/cameos/

That IS crap.. Like, actual crap.

I'll hand it over to Matt Ufford from Warming Glow. Becauase he's better at this sort of thing.

Initial post read...

Charlie Sheen, TV’s highest paid violent drug-addicted assh*le, will have a cameo on Season 2 of “The Walking Dead” next year, according to a poorly written and factually incorrect report from socyberty.com.

I’m sure some fans of “The Walking Dead” will be quick to pooh-pooh Sheen’s appearance on the show just because he’s an unapologetic spoiled misogynistic wife-beating hooker enthusiast. I disagree: I’ll watch anything that involves Charlie Sheen getting a pickax to the head.

UPDATED Post read...

UPDATE: I hope you’re sitting down when you read this shocking news: the spurious-sounding rumor from a website we’ve never heard of has been dismissed as “crazy” by an AMC rep.
#75 Old 12-21-2010, 10:03 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

That IS crap.. Like, actual crap.

I'll hand it over to Matt Ufford from Warming Glow. Becauase he's better at this sort of thing.

Initial post read...

Charlie Sheen, TVs highest paid violent drug-addicted assh*le, will have a cameo on Season 2 of The Walking Dead next year, according to a poorly written and factually incorrect report from socyberty.com.

Im sure some fans of The Walking Dead will be quick to pooh-pooh Sheens appearance on the show just because hes an unapologetic spoiled misogynistic wife-beating hooker enthusiast. I disagree: Ill watch anything that involves Charlie Sheen getting a pickax to the head.

UPDATED Post read...

UPDATE: I hope youre sitting down when you read this shocking news: the spurious-sounding rumor from a website weve never heard of has been dismissed as crazy by an AMC rep.

Thanks for the update!!
#76 Old 10-15-2011, 04:10 AM
Veggie Regular

Bumping this thread because it premieres tomorrow night! Who else is excited?

http://www.amctv.com/shows/the-walking-dead
#77 Old 10-15-2011, 04:24 AM
Veggie Regular

I am wearing my Walking Dead zombie shirt this morning. My niece informed me when I put it on last night:
"You so pretty that I'm going to need you to put on a happy shirt."

followed directly by this little bit of advice:
"You can't be happy forever..."

She'll be 4 in December.

I can't wait!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grWV8WZtAQc
#78 Old 10-15-2011, 02:47 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiSis View Post

short condensed zombielove history: hated zombies. never watched any movies to do with them. then i read World War Z. the end.

Hated zombies? Wtf!

zombies > vampires, werewolves, demon baby's etc.

short condensed zombie love history: When I was like 9 or 10 after I saw Dawn of the Dead, Day of the Dead and Night of the Creeps I used to wait until late to sneak back downstairs and watch The Night of the Living Dead remake (for some reason that was my favorite). Every time it was on. Then I would stay up hours forming a plan to zombie proof the house.

Remember this scene?

#79 Old 10-15-2011, 03:28 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

I am wearing my Walking Dead zombie shirt this morning. My niece informed me when I put it on last night:
"You so pretty that I'm going to need you to put on a happy shirt."

followed directly by this little bit of advice:
"You can't be happy forever..."

She'll be 4 in December.

Too cute!!!

Quote:

Hated zombies? Wtf!

zombies > vampires, werewolves, demon baby's etc.

short condensed zombie love history: When I was like 9 or 10 after I saw Dawn of the Dead, Day of the Dead and Night of the Creeps I used to wait until late to sneak back downstairs and watch The Night of the Living Dead remake (for some reason that was my favorite). Every time it was on. Then I would stay up hours forming a plan to zombie proof the house.

I loved Night of the Creeps!! I used to stay up late on weekends to watch Up All Night on USA. They used to show incredibly cheesy horror flicks and some classics.

FYI: I'm sticking with you during the Zombie Apocolypse.
#80 Old 10-15-2011, 03:49 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

FYI: I'm sticking with you during the Zombie Apocolypse.

You should make a list for us consisting of acquaintances that suck at running. Store it in your fire proof apocalypse box.
#81 Old 10-15-2011, 06:03 PM
Veggie Regular

^Thanks for the tip
#82 Old 10-16-2011, 02:59 PM
Veggie Regular

AMC is having a Walking Dead marathon today up until 9pm when the new episode begins. It will also be 90 mins long .
#83 Old 10-16-2011, 06:43 PM
Veggie Regular

The show just made me gag with the stomach contents scene.
#84 Old 10-16-2011, 07:05 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

The show just made me gag with the stomach contents scene.

I made the mistake of eating while watching it!!
Note to self: Do not eat a snack ever again while watching this show!!!
That had to be the most disgusting scene in this show so far.
#85 Old 10-16-2011, 08:34 PM
Veggie Regular

I watched the marathon and the show for the first time tonight. It is ok. I could watch it yes.

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."
 Marilyn Monroe
#86 Old 10-17-2011, 03:42 AM
Veggie Regular

Watching it tonight was the most annoying thing ever, the show was fine, so many effing commercials it pissed me off! lol Oh special 90 minute presentation, which was actually 30 minutes i'm sure.
#87 Old 10-17-2011, 03:55 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlixJ18 View Post

Watching it tonight was the most annoying thing ever, the show was fine, so many effing commercials it pissed me off! lol Oh special 90 minute presentation, which was actually 30 minutes i'm sure.

I know!! It was soo irritating. I think they did a fantastic job jump starting the second season. The whole episode was great. The beginning was so intense. And OMFG the ending!!!

I really thought he was going to kill the deer so I had to look away. I was getting pissed that they were going to show a child murdering a deer but then just as I looked back at the screen BAM!!! I did NOT see that coming at all!! Who did that?? Where did it come from? So many questions. I can't wait till next Sunday!!
#88 Old 10-17-2011, 09:37 AM
Veggie Regular

It was really intense! I enjoyed that episode a lot, although the ending was frustrating.
I know it was just a deer and not a bear or anything, but really...WHY would you let a child approach a wild animal? Especially when medical attention will be nearly impossible to get. I kept waiting for the deer to decide he was getting too close for comfort and kick him or something. I nearly jumped out of my skin when the shot went off.

Hopefully for this season they'll go back to address a lot of the things that the first season never finished.

"[-]But caging them, killing them, eating them was unthinkable. We were creatures of the same world."
-Animorphs, #18

#89 Old 10-17-2011, 10:55 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

I know!! It was soo irritating. I think they did a fantastic job jump starting the second season. The whole episode was great. The beginning was so intense. And OMFG the ending!!!

I really thought he was going to kill the deer so I had to look away. I was getting pissed that they were going to show a child murdering a deer but then just as I looked back at the screen BAM!!! I did NOT see that coming at all!! Who did that?? Where did it come from? So many questions. I can't wait till next Sunday!!

I thought the deer was going to trample the kid. After watching it a second time, it looks like the bullet goes through the boy then the buck. Did the bullet come from behind them instead of from behind the deer? If so, whomever it was firing had to have seen them.

And omfg, the commercials. At least they had a commercial for www.runforyourlives.com and I thought of fadeaway and her thread, haha.
#90 Old 10-17-2011, 10:59 AM
Veggie Regular

And why do these damn people shriek when walkers are chasing them? Might as well ring a dinner bell. Stop being scared, start getting pissed and go for that zombie brain!

The little girl and the weak blonde were irritating me. I don't even care about their characters enough to write their names.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page