The Walking Dead (WARNING: Contains Spoilers) - Page 2 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#31 Old 11-26-2010, 12:59 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post

Still, they could cool it with the sexist stuff a little couldn't they? All the bits about how women are so silly and emotional and are worrying about photo albums and wrapping paper in the middle of an apocalypse are starting to annoy me a bit. And only the women are scrubbing peoples dirty underwear at the camp? Gimme a break.

This and that the show is highly predictable are my only complaints, otherwise I enjoy it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 11-27-2010, 12:04 AM
Give peas a chance

Can someone explain why the group of people are camped out in the open like that?

Vegan Cookbooks Illustrated

http://vegan-cookbooks-illustrated.blogspot.com/

http://pinterest.com/VeganCookbooks/

#33 Old 11-27-2010, 12:21 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo View Post

Can someone explain why the group of people are camped out in the open like that?

They're up really high in the mountains and all the zombies up until the last episode had been down in the city except for one random wanderer they killed in a previous episode. They also had people on watch all the time and cans set up on strings around the perimeter as noise making devices. It does sort of make sense to stay out in the open where you can keep moving and finding fresh food and water in zombie free areas rather than waiting in a bunker until your supplies run out and you starve to death.

They WERE safe there before but then either the zombies food sources ran out in the city or someone (like Merle possibly) led them to the camp deliberately. They made a big deal of the noise making cans before so the fact that the zombies snuck up on them silently and started attacking before anyone knew what was going on sort of points to it being a set up.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#34 Old 11-27-2010, 04:49 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadeaway1289 View Post

The one thing that annoys me about most zombie shows/movies is that they never actually say the word "zombie". It's always the "undead", "the infected", "walkers", "geeks" , or something. It seems like the only movies/shows that use the actual word zombie are zombie comedy movies (for example Shaun of the Dead and Zombieland).

yes, the original george romero flicks didn't say zombie either. but the richard matheson novel I am Legend calls them vampires. but they're all the same avenging undead be it a vampire ghoul or zombie. avoiding the term zombie is better because the haitian voodoo traditional zombie is something else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by werewolf View Post

All the bits about how women are so silly and emotional and are worrying about photo albums and wrapping paper in the middle of an apocalypse are starting to annoy me a bit. And only the women are scrubbing peoples dirty underwear at the camp? Gimme a break.

hope to see that Lennie James family man from the pilot again. he was great in that other TEOTWAWKI tv series.

* This post may contain pork, beef and fingers of undocumented workers. This post was manufactured in a facility that processes peanuts.
#35 Old 11-27-2010, 06:27 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by otomik View Post

yes, the original george romero flicks didn't say zombie either. but the richard matheson novel I am Legend calls them vampires. but they're all the same avenging undead be it a vampire ghoul or zombie. avoiding the term zombie is better because the haitian voodoo traditional zombie is something else.

Up until Land of the Dead. Dennis Hopper: "Zombies. They freak me out." I can't recall if they used that word in Diary or Survival (the latter of which should be avoided).

Quote:

hope to see that Lennie James family man from the pilot again. he was great in that other TEOTWAWKI tv series.

Jericho was a damn good show. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
If the series lasts long enough, and they continue to mostly follow the comics, he'll be back.

I just have one of those faces. People come up to me and say, "What's wrong?" Nothing. "Well, it takes more energy to frown than it does to smile." Yeah, you know it takes more energy to point that out than it does to leave me alone? -Bill Hicks
#36 Old 11-27-2010, 06:35 AM
Veggie Regular

I recently read Feed, and they say zombie right and left. It was refreshing.
#37 Old 11-27-2010, 06:37 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by yally View Post

OMG, the entire programme would be about a hundred times better if those were the opening credits. The real ones are really quite dreadful.

Yally, I'm SO with you. I love the fan-made credits SO much more than the real ones!!!
#38 Old 11-27-2010, 02:49 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semicharmed View Post

I recently read Feed, and they say zombie right and left. It was refreshing.

well some settings can be meta and for some others it doesn't feel right. Does anyone in this tv series or comic mention the zombie genre? i'm guessing if we were imaginary talking to the characters of the walking dead they would think you're referring to haitian voodoo when you mention the word zombie.

* This post may contain pork, beef and fingers of undocumented workers. This post was manufactured in a facility that processes peanuts.
#39 Old 11-27-2010, 03:28 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

well some settings can be meta and for some others it doesn't feel right. Does anyone in this tv series or comic mention the zombie genre? i'm guessing if we were imaginary talking to the characters of the walking dead they would think you're referring to haitian voodoo when you mention the word zombie.

True.

Well... Except for the part about the characters on the show thinking I mean Haitian voodoo. If we're actually trying to get in their fictional little heads, I would bet only a VERY select few of them (if any...) know enough about Haitian voodoo to put that together.
#40 Old 12-02-2010, 03:23 PM
Veggie Regular

The Walking Dead and Dexter are ruling our DVR Sunday nights. I was a little iffy after tuning in the first episode, I had it really built up in my mind and the first episode was nowhere near my expectations but it quickly redeemed itself

My only complaint with AMC is their series seasons are so short

Anyone else think Merle drove the walkers up to camp with the truck he stole, and now he is going to mess with them since the note and map are left behind at the abandoned camp site taped to the red car?
#41 Old 12-02-2010, 03:37 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadeaway1289 View Post

I've never watched any of the other AMC shows

Seriously? Breaking Bad though <3
#42 Old 12-02-2010, 03:43 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AspireToInspire View Post

Anyone else think Merle drove the walkers up to camp with the truck he stole, and now he is going to mess with them since the note and map are left behind at the abandoned camp site taped to the red car?

Yeah, Merle's definitely out there and up to no good. With a name like Merle, who can blame him, though?

I just have one of those faces. People come up to me and say, "What's wrong?" Nothing. "Well, it takes more energy to frown than it does to smile." Yeah, you know it takes more energy to point that out than it does to leave me alone? -Bill Hicks
#43 Old 12-02-2010, 03:48 PM
Veggie Regular

I HAZ A SAD.

I can't believe this half-season is almost over. I know shows on networks like AMC and Showtime and such have short seasons. But the content, quality, and acting make up for it. But a HALF season of a show I enjoy and now have to wait a GODDAMN YEAR to see again? *sulk*

In terms of new shows this year I'm loving Walking Dead. Louie was frigin' brilliant, too. Also Terriers. I'll cry if FX cancels Terriers. It's quietly amazing.
#44 Old 12-02-2010, 09:21 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pariah View Post

Yeah, Merle's definitely out there and up to no good. With a name like Merle, who can blame him, though?

BTW, that's not a spoiler, just a prediction.

#45 Old 12-02-2010, 09:24 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semicharmed View Post

I HAZ A SAD.

I can't believe this half-season is almost over. I know shows on networks like AMC and Showtime and such have short seasons. But the content, quality, and acting make up for it. But a HALF season of a show I enjoy and now have to wait a GODDAMN YEAR to see again? *sulk*

In terms of new shows this year I'm loving Walking Dead. Louie was frigin' brilliant, too. Also Terriers. I'll cry if FX cancels Terriers. It's quietly amazing.

I haven't checked out Terriers yet but Louie was amazing. That man is my hero (One could argue that means I have really bad taste in role models )

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#46 Old 12-02-2010, 09:25 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AspireToInspire View Post

Seriously? Breaking Bad though <3

Everyone needs to be exposed to Breaking Bad, I'm dying with anticipation waiting for the next season. Suspense!

Watching Malcolm in the Middle freaks me out now though...

#47 Old 12-02-2010, 10:05 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Everyone needs to be exposed to Breaking Bad, I'm dying with anticipation waiting for the next season. Suspense!

Watching Malcolm in the Middle freaks me out now though...

I actually didn't watch the first season of Breaking Bad initially because I didn't think I could take Hal seriously in such a role. How wrong I was...

"A-yup. Ya wasted yer life, son"

- Old Man
#48 Old 12-02-2010, 10:15 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowcone View Post

I actually didn't watch the first season of Breaking Bad initially because I didn't think I could take Hal seriously in such a role. How wrong I was...

I know! I had my doubts too but Bryan Cranston is truly an amazing actor, he throws himself into both roles with total abandon. There's never a point during the show where I look at Walter and see traces of Hal in there, they are two completely different characters who feel very real.

And that's why watching old episodes of Malcolm in the Middle is so freaky! I keep staring at this silly goofy guy prancing around and asking myself "Is that REALLY the same person? Really?"

#49 Old 12-04-2010, 04:18 AM
Veggie Regular

#50 Old 12-04-2010, 04:37 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by exiled_expatriate View Post

Anyone also interested in AMC's upcoming series, The Killing?

I'll go out of my way to give anything on AMC a chance, so I'm definitely going to check out The Killing. Rubicon has been the only real AMC disappointment so far, and they canceled that promptly
#51 Old 12-04-2010, 04:59 AM
Veggie Regular

#52 Old 12-05-2010, 03:11 PM
Veggie Regular

There's a marathon on now counting down to the last episode of the season. I don't want it to end but I'm excited and anxious to see what will happen!
#53 Old 12-06-2010, 05:34 AM

Spoiler request...can a comic follower please PM me and tell me what the doctor whispered in Rick's ear before the explosion? I have a pretty good idea, but I'm hoping it's not what I think it is because it might steer things into a soap opera situation =/

"And all living things, large and small, have dignity and a spark of the divine." - Lrrr, ruler of the planet Omicron Persei 8
#54 Old 12-06-2010, 07:55 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellilea View Post

Spoiler request...can a comic follower please PM me and tell me what the doctor whispered in Rick's ear before the explosion? I have a pretty good idea, but I'm hoping it's not what I think it is because it might steer things into a soap opera situation =/

I know what you are thinking and I was wondering the same thing. I'm guessing it's either that "situation" or some other theory I've been pondering. I've never read the comics but I'm guessing it could be anything depending on how true to the comics the writer wants to keep the story.
#55 Old 12-06-2010, 02:53 PM
Veggie Regular

No PM necessary, the CDC stop didn't happen in the books.

#56 Old 12-06-2010, 03:10 PM
Veggie Regular

^^But isn't there some sort of "big reveal"/ secret in the comics?

I thought the last episode was great although I've read that many people were disappointed in it. I'm loving Dale, Daryl, and Glenn. I can't wait till next season and it sucks we have to wait sooo freakin' long for it. My only pet peeve with the episode was that Daryl didn't seemed to have taken a shower or at least he didn't look like he had. I kept getting distracted thinking "Dude take advantage of nice hot shower when you can!!"
#57 Old 12-06-2010, 05:02 PM
Veggie Regular

Nope, sorry. There was nothing similar in the books. The closest that entire episode came to the books is the brief part where they were excited at having food and showers with hot water, and that happened in a vastly different location.

I'm as much in the dark as you are. And I'm actually okay with that.

#58 Old 12-06-2010, 06:40 PM
Veggie Regular

There's a couple theories floating around on the IMDB message board, but I think they both suck. One's just stupid, the other is kinda stupid and wouldn't have anywhere near the gravity of a "shocker."

Since they're only theories:

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
One is that he told Rick that everyone who dies comes back, regardless of whether or not they were bitten. This is stupid to the point that I will stop watching the show if it turns out to be the BIG SECRET, since any of them dying of natural causes ain't very likely. The other theory is that he discovered Lori is pregnant. I don't think that would be particularly shocking, even in the unlikely event he would check for pregnancy in addition to looking for the virus.

#59 Old 12-06-2010, 08:44 PM
Super Moderator

He finally used the grenade!!! I knew that had to come up at some point.

That was a pretty satisfying finale. Shane's behaviour got explained a bit more and stuff got blown up and I really enjoyed the scene where you see how the reanimation process works. I can't believe we have to wait so long to see more!

#60 Old 12-07-2010, 04:13 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pariah View Post

There's a couple theories floating around on the IMDB message board, but I think they both suck. One's just stupid, the other is kinda stupid and wouldn't have anywhere near the gravity of a "shocker."

Since they're only theories:

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
One is that he told Rick that everyone who dies comes back, regardless of whether or not they were bitten. This is stupid to the point that I will stop watching the show if it turns out to be the BIG SECRET, since any of them dying of natural causes ain't very likely. The other theory is that he discovered Lori is pregnant. I don't think that would be particularly shocking, even in the unlikely event he would check for pregnancy in addition to looking for the virus.

Yeah the second spoiler you posted is one of the ones I read too and thought was possible.

Quote:

He finally used the grenade!!! I knew that had to come up at some point.

That was a pretty satisfying finale. Shane's behaviour got explained a bit more and stuff got blown up and I really enjoyed the scene where you see how the reanimation process works. I can't believe we have to wait so long to see more!

Yes to all of this!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page