Book Review: Roger Ebert's The Pot and How to Use It. - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 11-01-2010, 12:18 AM
Veggie Regular

http://www.amazon.com/Pot-How-Use-My.../dp/0740791427
Attachment 13711
This book seemed much more interesting a few months ago when a few articles were being published about it's forthcoming release. a cookbook authored by a man that has been eating for a few years now by feeding tube. what an interesting perspective like monet's cataracts water lillies or beethovens's 9th symphony.
Attachment 13712
There's an introduction and a few entertaining brief essays from Ebert recalling his experiences cooking with rice cookers. The jist of it is get a rice cooker. Everyone needs a rice cooker and go ahead and experiment with it because it can cook every kind of grain well and so much more. Then it's just a crapshoot of blog posts including long URLs that take you out of the reading experience (shall i get up from the couch and type in a long string of cryptic characters precisely? nah i don't care that much and it's not the the experience I paid for when I bought a physical printed book).

anyway, get a rice cooker. even the cheapest $20USD dollar model you can find just to wet your toes. just cut up a few tomatoes and put it a ready made mix like mahatma saffron rice and you won't regret it. there are better recipee books for rice cookers and plenty of people that want to talk about their creations.

, yeah two thumbs, sorry ebert.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2v42A2-6Urs&feature=related
you need it. you can put Quinoa and steel cut oats and brown rice and a million grains that are better for you in there other than white rice. that's my model of rice cooker. it kicks ass and sings.
LL
LL

* This post may contain pork, beef and fingers of undocumented workers. This post was manufactured in a facility that processes peanuts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-03-2010, 01:07 AM
Veggie Regular

mmmmm brown rice.

Tam! RUGH!
#3 Old 11-03-2010, 05:35 AM
Veggie Regular

Not surprising that a liberal like Ebert would write a whole book to advance his pro mary jay agenda.

"and I stand

upon a mountain

made of weak and useless men"

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 11-03-2010, 08:39 AM
Veggie Regular

slops, gloops, and gruels.
#5 Old 11-03-2010, 04:06 PM
Veggie Regular

annoying voice, man
#6 Old 11-03-2010, 04:19 PM
Banned

twinkle twinkle little star?
#7 Old 11-09-2010, 05:09 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeneticallymodified View Post

twinkle twinkle little star?

Yep.

* This post may contain pork, beef and fingers of undocumented workers. This post was manufactured in a facility that processes peanuts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page