Florence and the Machine - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 09-14-2010, 07:33 AM
Veggie Regular

Is anybody into this girl? I had heard a song of hers a while ago and loved it, but didn't know who sang it at the time, then she just so happened to sing the same song on the VMA's, great performance too. Anywho, I dl'ed the album a couple of days ago and haven't been able to stop listening since. It's one of those rare albums where every song is amazing.

Our Generation has had no Great war, no Great Depression. Our war is spiritual. Our depression is our lives.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 09-14-2010, 08:40 AM

Ahh, I love her I agree with you on the album, the whole thing is great.
I haven't seen her VMA's performance yet but I loved her performance with Dizzee Rascal at the Brits earlier this year
#3 Old 09-14-2010, 09:00 AM
Veggie Regular

She's just so refreshingy unique. But then again, she is from the UK, so it's to be expected.

I wouldn't even consider her music as pop (which is what she seems to be classified as), she crosses over so many genres. Rock, soul, electronica...I love the tribally feel of some her stuff too. Very cool.

Our Generation has had no Great war, no Great Depression. Our war is spiritual. Our depression is our lives.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 09-14-2010, 12:38 PM
American Made, Rebel Born

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegan Wannabe View Post

She's just so refreshingy unique. But then again, she is from the UK, so it's to be expected.

yes, another british girl who gets discovered while shes singing drunk in a bathroom wrapped in a carpet.

totally expected.

i like her music.

cry havoc! and let slip the dogs of war.
#5 Old 09-14-2010, 01:08 PM
Veggie Regular

I've had The dog days are over in my iPod for about six months. I always listen to it when I'm running. Great song.
#6 Old 09-14-2010, 02:14 PM
Veggie Regular

The whole album is great, but Dog Days is the song that reeled me in.

#7 Old 09-14-2010, 04:21 PM
Veggie Regular

I don't love it, but I like it.

You're gonna make me puke my pants.
#8 Old 02-18-2011, 01:54 PM
Veggie Regular

Digging this up again...

Right now I'm very much obsessed with Flo. Usually I like songs or albums, but I'm very rarely a fan of the actual person. Florence? I'd totally buy merchandise. Only ever had that with Kate Miller-Heidke before.

I love how gritty and smooth she is and how she transitions between them constantly. "Blinding" is my ultimate goosebumps song, acoustic or studio version. "Dog days are over" is my feel-good song, "Girl with one eye" is for feeling down and dirty. So much good stuff by her, I love her.

(And I want that Lungs keychain! Rubber lungs with a logo on them? So up my alley.)

▬|████|▬
This is a Nudelholz!
Take it und hau it on
the Kopp of a bekloppt Person
to give a better Gefühl!!
#9 Old 02-18-2011, 03:14 PM
Veggie Regular

Don't really like her music, her voice is really good, but it's wasted on the tracks she sings. The person herself, not a fan at all because she's a drunken mess, had some friends be felt up by her in clubs and stuff.

In this grand illusion of entitlement to life / Our 'need' is a mask for our greed and it's not right /
We are executioners who parade ourselves as kings / As selfish and deluded as the blood-bathed Bathory. ~Kingdom, 'Bathory' xVx
#10 Old 02-19-2011, 09:18 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kappa View Post

Don't really like her music, her voice is really good, but it's wasted on the tracks she sings. The person herself, not a fan at all because she's a drunken mess, had some friends be felt up by her in clubs and stuff.

I agree that her voice is great, and I guess the music is a matter of taste... I think they're refreshing and vastly different, "Howl" and "Girl with one eye" for example. I don't think that just because someone has a very beautiful voice, they should be restricted only to certain kinds of music. I like what she does.

As for the personal bit, I of course don't know her personally, so I can only go by interviews and such. Never heard of her misbehaving out clubbing - I know though that she's a Twilight fan, which did put her one notch down for me I'm sorry for that with your friends.

▬|████|▬
This is a Nudelholz!
Take it und hau it on
#11 Old 02-19-2011, 09:26 AM
Veggie Regular

I could listen to Howl over and over and frequently do.
#12 Old 02-19-2011, 10:47 AM
Veggie Regular

I like her, Dog Days was the first song I heard by her, but its deffinately not my favourite by her. I prefer Heavy In Your Arms, and The Drumming Song.

Misstress of Fabulousness and Fashion! - *AHIMSA*
#13 Old 02-19-2011, 11:02 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewFL View Post

I like her, Dog Days was the first song I heard by her, but its deffinately not my favourite by her. I prefer Heavy In Your Arms, and The Drumming Song.

My favourites are "Blinding", "Girl with one eye", "Rabbit heart"... I like "Heavy in your arms", "You've got the love" and "Cosmic Love" too, but those sound very typically romantic to me, kind of like Twilight I remember thinking "gosh, this text sounds cheesy for a change - it's like Twilight!" when I first heard "Heavy in your arms", haha! I like the more morbid songs. (Bird song is nice too!) But I love "The Drumming Song" as well.

▬|████|▬
This is a Nudelholz!
Take it und hau it on
#14 Old 02-23-2011, 02:13 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by yally View Post

I could listen to Howl over and over and frequently do.

This. Except any song could be used.
She is excellent.
#15 Old 02-23-2011, 03:04 PM
Veggie Regular

love her

Atame.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page