Movies and TV shows with continuity errors - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 03-14-2010, 06:02 PM
Veggie Regular

I was watching the 2005 remake of King Kong today, and noticed a pretty big blunder.

The second half of the movie takes place in New York City in December.

All of the main actors and the extras are wearing winter cloths...except for the heroine who is wearing a light white dress, and she isn't shivering or showing any other signs of being cold.

What continuity errors have you seen in movies?

Happiness is not the result of a mathematical equation comparing the good times and bad times someone has had. It is a state of mind.
-nomad888
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-14-2010, 06:18 PM
Veggie Regular

Han Solo looks about 30 pounds heavier and has a different haircut when he gets released from carbonite
#3 Old 03-14-2010, 06:30 PM
Veggie Regular

That's a good one!

I remember one from the first movie....

When they were in the trash compactor, two of the characters went under water.

In the very next scene after they left the trash area, their hair was dry and perfectly groomed.

Happiness is not the result of a mathematical equation comparing the good times and bad times someone has had. It is a state of mind.
-nomad888
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 03-14-2010, 07:11 PM
Veggie Regular

I would have to write them down at the time I saw the movie. I know I've seen some but dont' recall right now.
#5 Old 03-14-2010, 09:07 PM
Veggie Regular

I can't think of any actual continuity errors at the moment. However, if you're willing to open up the subject of the thread to movie goofs in general, I got a doozy.

I don't usually notice movie goofs the first time around because I'm too busy watching the movie. It takes somebody to point out the goofs for me to notice them the next time. One goof that Hitchcock fans probably know about is in North By Northwest, in the Mount Rushmore cafeteria scene, with the little boy holding his hands over his ears because he's expecting a loud BANG from a gun. Obviously what we see in the movie wasn't the first take.

That's the only one I can think of right now.

ETA: If you also wanted to open up the subject to television as well, I can start listing goofs in the TV series M*A*S*H, one of my fave shows, and one I know very well. Gosh, I wish I had a nickel for every goof on that TV show.

*this space not for sale*
#6 Old 03-15-2010, 05:23 AM
Veggie Regular

In Lord of the Rings, when one of the people is dying after some sort of fight (I think he gets a lot of arrows in his chest, he might be Sean Bean) and another guy is standing over him and they're chatting about how he's dying and stuff and it's all very heartbreaking except his hand keeps moving from the guy's shoulder, to not on his shoulder, to there again in different shots and it's very distracting.
#7 Old 03-15-2010, 09:00 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy SF View Post

However, if you're willing to open up the subject of the thread to movie goofs in general, I got a doozy.

ETA: If you also wanted to open up the subject to television as well, I can start listing goofs in the TV series M*A*S*H, one of my fave shows, and one I know very well. Gosh, I wish I had a nickel for every goof on that TV show.

Mod,

Please open the thread to TV and movie goofs.

Thanks!

BC

-nomad888
#8 Old 03-15-2010, 09:18 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beancounter View Post

Mod,

Please open the thread to TV and movie goofs.

Thanks!

BC

Thread title changed.
#9 Old 03-15-2010, 10:30 AM
Veggie Regular

Continuity error: Khan recognizes Chekov in the second Star Trek film (The Wrath of Khan)... yet Chekov was not even a member of the Enterprise crew when their original encounter with Khan (Space Seed, Season 1) took place. Chekov was added in season two.
#10 Old 03-15-2010, 11:57 AM
Banned

In one of the Saw movies (I think the second one) one character gets needles stuck in pretty much every part of her body. For nearly every shot after that, she has no visible wounds on her bare arms/face/anywhere.
#11 Old 03-15-2010, 03:31 PM
Veggie Regular

It's rare that I watch a movie and DON'T notice a continuity error, but I'm in school for tv/film/editing.

Most recent one that comes to mind... the episode of True Blood with the pecan pie. In one shot, lady is holding a dish. In next shot (from a different angle), she isn't. Next shot, she is. Hopefully that's not too vague. I don't want to give specific circumstances (spoilers) in case anyone's just recently gotten into that show.

You're gonna make me puke my pants.
#12 Old 03-15-2010, 03:41 PM
Veggie Regular

Not actually a continuity error but one of my pet peeves is when women's makeup stays perfect in movies no matter what. For example: Megan Fox in Transformers 2, running through the desert with perfect makeup. Waking up with perfect hair and make up always gets on my nerves also. C'mon you're going to have bedhair and if you fall asleep in your makeup you're going to have racoon eyes and your lipstick smeared all over your face and pillowcase. Also scenes where it's raining and then all of a sudden the actor is wearing totally dry clothing!
#13 Old 03-15-2010, 08:08 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger View Post

Continuity error: Khan recognizes Chekhov in the second Star Trek film (The Wrath of Khan)... yet Chekhov was not even a member of the Enterprise crew when their original encounter with Khan (Space Seed, Season 1) took place. Chekhov was added in season two.

From what I understand, Chekhov WAS supposedly part of the Enterprise crew; he just wasn't a visible member during the first season. He was likely stationed everywhere on the ship that action wasn't taking place. (The character was added during the second season because of complaints from viewers that the Russians weren't represented in a supposedly multiethnic Earth crew, and they HAD to acknowledge that the Russians were in space before the Americans got there.) But if Chekhov was indeed on the Enterprise at the same time Khan was, then it's also quite possible that they had an encounter on the ship at some point.

*this space not for sale*

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page