American Idol, Season 9 - Page 7 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#181 Old 05-30-2010, 01:19 AM

I'm still a fan of Crystal, no matter what...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#182 Old 05-30-2010, 06:22 AM
Veggie Regular

Same here, and I would definitely buy her music. I wish her all the best. She deserves it.
#183 Old 05-30-2010, 12:08 PM
Veggie Regular

I liked them both and I think Crystal is superior performance-wise, but I'm glad Lee won!!

I can't wait to see/hear from both of them again!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#184 Old 07-30-2010, 02:33 AM
Veggie Regular

Ellen's out...

http://www.popeater.com/2010/07/29/e...american-idol/

...and people everywhere are applauding.

Since I only watched the most recent season, I don't know what AI was like pre-Ellen, but honestly, I didn't think she was THAT bad.

And as for everyone hating Simon Cowell, too, I found myself agreeing with him more than with the other judges.

*this space not for sale*
#185 Old 07-30-2010, 11:37 AM
Veggie Regular

They say J-Lo is the top choice for her replacement. Please cancel the show soon.
#186 Old 07-30-2010, 11:41 AM
Veggie Regular

yeah, without Simon and Ellen... Randy and Kara will be the senior judges. craptastic.

Nec Aspera Terrent
#187 Old 07-30-2010, 12:11 PM
Veggie Regular

Kara was supposedly fired.

The new line up (not sure if it's true or just talk for now) Randy (meh), J-lo (eww) and Steven Tyler.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/...entry_id=69076

Our Generation has had no Great war, no Great Depression. Our war is spiritual. Our depression is our lives.
#188 Old 07-30-2010, 12:22 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegan Wannabe' date='30 July 2010 - 12:11 PM' timestamp='1280517119' post='2680853 View Post

Kara was supposedly fired.

The new line up (not sure if it's true or just talk for now) Randy (meh), J-lo (eww) and Steven Tyler.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/...entry_id=69076

Well, I'm not sure we can trust the above entirely, because of this:

Quote:
And three of the shows, Britain's Got Talent, America's Got Talent, and So You Think You Can Dance, are less than two years old.

First of all, this guy says that the format of AI is currently oversaturating TV, and includes So You Think You Can Dance amongst the shows doing the oversaturating. It's a DANCE competition, not a singing competition, and it has a similar format because it was created by the same people that created AI. Second of all, So You Think You Can Dance is currently in its seventh season. It's not less than two years old. How can I trust anyone who gets his facts wrong?

#189 Old 07-30-2010, 12:28 PM
Veggie Regular

I hadn't heard that Kara was fired. Good.

Nec Aspera Terrent
#190 Old 07-30-2010, 12:29 PM
Veggie Regular

WHAT??? You mean to tell me you that you don't feel TMZ is a reliable source? A gossip based entertainment news site isn't valid enough for you? Well I never!

Our Generation has had no Great war, no Great Depression. Our war is spiritual. Our depression is our lives.
#191 Old 07-30-2010, 12:59 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegan Wannabe' date='30 July 2010 - 12:29 PM' timestamp='1280518158' post='2680858 View Post

WHAT??? You mean to tell me you that you don't feel TMZ is a reliable source? A gossip based entertainment news site isn't valid enough for you? Well I never!

LOL You're the one who posted the link.

#192 Old 08-10-2010, 03:44 AM
Veggie Regular

I've never watched the show or been a fan of it but my mom and sister are really into it. They loved the addition of Ellen and thought she made the show much more enjoyable although they said it was obvious that she felt really uncomfortable having to be critical of the contestants. They also began watching Ellen's show on a regular basis since she started on Idol and became really big fans of Ellen.

I understand Ellen's reasons for leaving and it appears that a lot of fans of AI are happy that she's decided to leave but I think she gave the show a great amount of exposure than it already had. She would always have the contestants on her show for interviews and performances. Plus I am sure fans of her show probably became regular viewers of AI because of her.

I'm surprised Ryan is still on the show. The guy has like a billion jobs.
#193 Old 08-20-2010, 03:25 PM
Veggie Regular

So, is it official? Steven Tyler is Simon's replacement?
#194 Old 08-20-2010, 05:37 PM
Veggie Regular

AFAIK Steven Tyler has signed to be a judge. J-Lo is still in talks, and may still join the panel. News that Kara has been let go has not been confirmed or denied by anyone at this point, but is assumed to be true.

who knows who else might join the panel? I don't see it as a "replacement for Simon", so much as "a different face on the panel"... if that makes any sense.

Nec Aspera Terrent
#195 Old 08-21-2010, 04:16 AM
Veggie Regular

What I know for sure is that former producer Nigel Lythgoe was brought back and has been in talks with Fox. He's also the exec producer of So You Think You Can Dance, and the format for that show was almost completely revamped for the just finished season seven. So I guess Fox is hoping that Lythgoe will come up with ideas for completely revamping AI and making the show relevant again for viewers.

I also know that Lythgoe and the other dance show judges are very very strict and particular about who they pick to compete on the show. I'm hoping that will be reflected in future seasons of AI, since I'm not the only one who noticed that AI's season 9 contestants were quite mediocre. Perhaps with Nigel having more influence over the show again, the contestants will be worth hearing again. (My hope).

#196 Old 08-22-2010, 06:55 AM
Veggie Regular

What changes could he possibly do though? Shows get stale after a while and Simon was a big reason for the show's success. I think I'll be watching Simon's new show but not Idol. I just hope they end it soon instead of carrying it on like some other shows(Survivor and The Simpsons, for instance).
#197 Old 01-11-2011, 04:16 PM

I wanted to remind American Idol fans of new judge Jennifer Lopez' incredible penchant for cruelty to animals. The picture below was taken on the set of American Idol during auditions this year.

#198 Old 01-18-2011, 05:03 AM
Veggie Regular

I think someone should start a new thread soon. Personally I'm looking forward to reading the TV ratings as I think the show will be a bust this season but I don't think I'll be watching it myself.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page