American Idol, Season 9 - Page 2 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#31 Old 01-27-2010, 02:00 PM
Veggie Regular

They're spending too much time showing the guest judges. I thought the woman who did a Joss Stone song was good and there were a few others who were good as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 01-27-2010, 02:13 PM
Veggie Regular

I wanted to smack Katy Perry upside the head. Who the hell does she think she is? Talentless little *****....

Nec Aspera Terrent
#33 Old 01-27-2010, 03:14 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm not liking any of the guest judges so far and I don't like this Kara person, either. I'm waiting for the part of the show where Ellen shows up so things can get more interesting in that regard.

ETA: Ellen sat in a guest judge on a previous season of So You Think You Can Dance, and she was kind of fun. She appeared to like absolutely everything she saw, but it was at that point in the show where the contestants were the true cream of the crop and were doing their best work on the show. Once she's a regular on American Idol, she's going to have to be a little more colorful than just saying "I liked it!" to everything.

*this space not for sale*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#34 Old 01-27-2010, 04:35 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderRandy View Post

I wanted to smack Katy Perry upside the head. Who the hell does she think she is? Talentless little *****....

Go for it!!
#35 Old 02-02-2010, 03:31 PM
Veggie Regular

Is this the last week of auditions? It just doesn't seem like we have seen too many auditions, but we have seen more good auditions proportionately than the last few seasons I think. Many of the shows have been only an hour so that could be why it feels that way.
#36 Old 02-02-2010, 03:33 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy SF View Post

I'm not liking any of the guest judges so far and I don't like this Kara person, either. I'm waiting for the part of the show where Ellen shows up so things can get more interesting in that regard.

ETA: Ellen sat in a guest judge on a previous season of So You Think You Can Dance, and she was kind of fun. She appeared to like absolutely everything she saw, but it was at that point in the show where the contestants were the true cream of the crop and were doing their best work on the show. Once she's a regular on American Idol, she's going to have to be a little more colorful than just saying "I liked it!" to everything.

So she's basically somewhat like Paula while adding comedy to the show? The one thing I liked about Paula was she had great chemistry with Simon. I hope that's the case with Ellen.
#37 Old 02-04-2010, 12:35 PM
Veggie Regular

I find it odd that Posh Spice has been on twice, but none of the other Spice Girls have been on. The real show starts Tuesday. Looking forward to it.
#38 Old 02-10-2010, 04:52 PM
Veggie Regular

They edit a lot out so it's hard for me to say much yet, but at least from yesterday's show it seems like Ellen doesn't comment on the singing too much. I just hope they're editing a lot of it out.
#39 Old 02-10-2010, 05:08 PM
Veggie Regular

I can't believe I forgot to watch it last night....
#40 Old 02-10-2010, 05:58 PM
Veggie Regular

I keep falling asleep halfway through. I'm so tired when I come home from work that I can't stay up for the whole thing. I really should record it so I can watch the rest of it later.

#41 Old 02-12-2010, 02:57 PM
Veggie Regular

The group show is always enjoyable, but I really wish they'd stop with the drama just one season. I think every season since the second season has had some drama during the group show so it'd be nice to see a season without drama.
#42 Old 02-13-2010, 01:14 PM
Veggie Regular

Well, you know how it goes with the drama bit; good for ratings so they really play it up.

So far, I LOVE Andrew Garcia! I hope to hear him sing a lot.
#43 Old 02-18-2010, 11:32 AM
Veggie Regular

I decided to watch the Olympics this week. There's nobody I've really loved yet, so to me the Olympics are more can't miss television over Idol.
#44 Old 02-18-2010, 11:57 AM
Veggie Regular

I've only gotten to watch the Wednesday Hollywood episodes. The LOST conflict in our household is an issue on Tuesday nights. It looks like Ellen is taking a pretty strong leadership position within the Judging team already. I have to say tho, the long, contrived pauses before they give their final verdict is annoying. And the whole "it's so hard to tell someone they didn't make it..... .... .... ... so I won't say it. You made it to the top 24." Please... The fake out is seriously tired.

Nec Aspera Terrent
#45 Old 02-18-2010, 01:54 PM
Veggie Regular

I would have preferred Thaddeus over Andrew, but what can you do. And I got really annoyed this week because they were REALLY milking the drama wayyyyy too much. The Tuesday show was 2 hours, but most of it was retreads of earlier shows and will-they-or-won't-they-make-it breathlessness over and over ad nauseum. Give me a break. Thank goodness I recorded the Tuesday show and watched it later so I could fastforward past the annoying parts, which was basically most of it. Bah.

And sucks about Angela Martin. I thought she was pretty good and she'd actually make it this year.

ETA: Is it safe yet? Here's the list of the top 24, c/p from Wikipedia:

Quote:

Top 12 Females:

Didi Benami

Crystal Bowersox

Lacey Brown

Michelle Delamor

Katelyn Epperly

Siobhan Magnus

Paige Miles

Ashley Rodriguez

Lilly Scott

Katie Stevens

Haeley Vaughn

Janell Wheeler

Top 12 Males:

Lee DeWyze

Andrew Garcia

Tyler Grady

Todrick Hall

Casey James

Aaron Kelly

Alex Lambert

Michael Lynche

Joe Muñoz

John Park

Jermaine Sellers

Tim Urban1

Note 1: Chris Golightly, who was originally selected as semi-finalist. According to reports, Chris was disqualified February 17, 2010, after already being told he was in the top 24, over an old contract. The contract expired, but they disqualified him for not telling them. He was later replaced by Tim Urban at the last minute of the last part of Hollywood Week.[23]

#46 Old 02-18-2010, 03:52 PM
Veggie Regular

I pretty much missed all the shows so far so I have no idea how anyone sounds. But for me, this is the best part coming up now. I won't be missing any more shows.

Kate Stevens is my friend's daughter's roommate at college!! I wonder how she will do?
#47 Old 02-19-2010, 04:24 PM

first time watching american idol too. i
#48 Old 02-20-2010, 08:43 AM
Veggie Regular

I was hoping to hear more of Thaddeus. Disappointing to see him go. He's young and I think he has a good future ahead.
#49 Old 02-20-2010, 10:38 AM
Veggie Regular

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethe...wednesday.html

Ouch. They are similar age groups and the hyped stars were performing, so I can't say I'm too surprised. The one positive is, if ratings are down this season, it'd make it more likely that this is the last season I would think. You just know ratings will drop after Simon departs.
#50 Old 02-23-2010, 12:35 PM
Veggie Regular

I haven't decided yet but I think I'll be watching the Olympics again this week. It starts to get better when the top 12 start so I definitely plan on watching it from then on.
#51 Old 02-26-2010, 07:29 PM
Veggie Regular

First week eliminations:

Tyler Grady

Joe Muñoz

Ashley Rodriguez

Janell Wheeler

I'm actually glad Tyler is gone. He was just a little too weird, IMO.

#52 Old 02-27-2010, 12:39 AM
Veggie Regular

I did NOT enjoy Tyler. Glad he's gone, although I expected him to last a couple rounds...

Sad that Joe Munoz is out. He had potential, I thought.

Didn't watch the girls this week, so I can't comment on them.

My faves, so far, of the boys, are Lee Dewyze and Casey James. I used to have a BF named Casey James.

Nec Aspera Terrent
#53 Old 02-27-2010, 06:56 AM
Veggie Regular

I agree, I won't miss Tyler. I was surprised about Joe, however. I don't think he should have been the first to go.

Not surprised by the girls who got eliminated. There is one other who I have thrown out before Janell, but I can't remember her name.
#54 Old 03-05-2010, 12:01 PM
Veggie Regular

Is there a contestant you think is worth a million dollars? I really liked Crystal's performance but I don't think she's worth a million dollars. There are some good contestants but none of them stand out to me. My brother feels the same way.
#55 Old 03-05-2010, 01:29 PM
Veggie Regular

I didn't get to watch this week. I'm gonna try to check out the clips on the idol website this weekend.

Nec Aspera Terrent
#56 Old 03-11-2010, 04:24 PM
Veggie Regular

I thought Andrew was the worst one easily this week and the judges were too nice. I think it'll be Andrew, Aaron, Katie, and Paige who will be going home.
#57 Old 03-11-2010, 07:40 PM
Veggie Regular

I was too zonked last night to watch the guys perform. I did watch on Tuesday and voted for girl #7. I can't remember who that was.

I really don't like Didi. I don't like her voice or the way she sings or what she sings or anything else about her. I don't know what the judges see in her.

#58 Old 03-12-2010, 05:41 AM
Veggie Regular

So this is the Top 12:

Quote:
Didi Benami

Crystal Bowersox

Lacey Brown

Lee Dewyze

Andrew Garcia

Casey James

Aaron Kelly

Michael Lynche

Siobhan Magnus

Paige Miles

Katie Stevens

Tim Urban

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that somebody with a little bit of individuality like Lilly Scott was voted off and the more generic zombie clones of everybody else are still on the show. Or perhaps my tastes are different from the rest of the country's?

#59 Old 03-13-2010, 01:14 PM
Veggie Regular

I also thought Lilly was one of the more talented. She did come across as arrogant based on what she said though. Andrew has a lot of success with "Straight Up", then pretty much does the same routine over and over with other songs. I was hoping he'd be eliminated. I could be way off on this, but my top 4 for who I think will win:

4. Siobhan

3. Michael

2. Crystal

And the next American Idol is Lee.
#60 Old 03-17-2010, 01:12 PM
Veggie Regular

I didn't actually think there were any bad performances. Much better show than I expected. I think Tim will be eliminated. I'm beginning to think Michael has a shot at winning this season.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page